“Great meal at the Market Street Grill”

Market Street Grill
Ranked #10 of 15 Restaurants in Onancock
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian, Turkish
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Serving Lunch & Dinner Daily with Daily Specials. Family Friendly, Full Bar, Specialty Desserts,Espresso & Cappuccino Bar, Kid's Menu, Sandwiches, Salads, Sautes,Steaks, Seafood, Freshly Baked Breads, Private off-street parking. Dine in or take out, walk in or make reservations. Featuring European Style Cooking with Olive Oil & Freshly Grated Cheeses. Come taste the Love we put into our food!
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Had a great meal at the Market Street Grill. We were there on a Friday night and i was shocked by the number of cars in the lot behind the restaurant. It didn't take long to figure out why the crowd was there. The food was great. They were very busy so service was a little slow as you would expect, but the attitude of the staff made it an enjoyable experience. I got a combo meal with a "hummus"mad from eggplant as an appetizer-very good. I also got a veggie pasta dish that was good and a pumpkin roll that was okay. The menu is huge and varied in an international way.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Our family ate here during a visit to the Eastern Shore. I highly recommend this restaurant. Our waitress brought warm crusty homemade bread with seasoned olive oil to our table. FANTASTIC! Our sons ordered their regulars; one a burger with fries the other a cheesesteak with fries. Both were very happy and commented that the fries where especially good. Hubby and myself ordered from the $13 pick three menu. What a wonderful value. We chose an appetizer, entree and dessert for $13. Hubby got beef vegetable soup, crab stuffed mushrooms and raspberry sorbet. He remarked the soup was homemade, hot and savory with fresh vegetables. His mushroom with crab superb and his sorbet was sweet, smooth and refreshing. I ordered hummus/pita appetizer, crab cake and chocolate peanut butter cake. I must emphasize how delicious my meal was. The pita bread was fresh made and warm from the grill served with fresh made humus, olives, and roma tomatoes. Incredible flavor, tahini, garlic, olive oil. My crab cake was moist and flavorful. Not too much filler and plenty of fresh crab. My dessert was also homemade and delicious. In speaking to our server we learned that the food is local, fresh and/or homemade and the owners take great pride in this. The hubby and myself were blown away by the quality/value of our meal at this local restaurant and are determined to go back soon. It's approx 2 hours drive from home... great overnight weekend trip. I highly recommend.

4  Thank Menne
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The staff that worked here were very nice and personable. The food was great and it came out in a timely manner. I would eat here again if I had a chance!!!

2  Thank JessicaS13
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Great service and great meal...can you ask for more!! The menu is packed with great entrees. We have been to The Market Street Grille quite a few times and have ALWAYS been satisfied with both the service and the meal!!

2  Thank Wayne B
Reviewed 27 April 2013

That may seem like a strange combination, but it works. The chef is Turkish and the manager is Italian/Greek. The recipes come straight from Grandma's kitchen.

I've traveled the Middle East and can attest to the authenticity of their cuisine. I usually just order the Mediterranean salad with humus, stuffed grape leaves, really good humuus. I also love their baba ghanoush (egg plant dip). Even if you don't love egg plant, you will like this dish.

If your palate tends to be more homegrown, their hamburgers, steaks, roast beef are raved about. I'm vegetarian so I can't give a personal review of that.

Portions are huge, so either share or take home leftovers. But the prices are about the most reasonable on the Shore, especially considering the quality.

This is also not a touristy place. This is where locals go to eat. Check out their Face Book. The pictures of their food really look like the real food.

3  Thank Linda N