“Glad we found it.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Onancock
The Inn & Garden Cafe
Ranked #3 of 6 Onancock B&B and Inns
Mt. Pleasant, SC
“Glad we found it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

My wife and I had a very relaxing stay at this B&B thanks to Sandra and Paul. They made us feel very welcome there. The breakfasts were too good, as everything was wonderful and gourmet, but there was more than we could hold. The bedroom and dining facilites were clean and bright, and the parking was unusually good for a B&B. Their business is definitely an asset for the Eastern Shore!

Room Tip: The blue room is on the second floor at the front, but the noise did not wake us.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

I was driving through the area and found this place on Tripadvisor. I was so impressed by the attentive (but not TOO attentive, if you know what I mean) hosts. The food was top-notch. The Friday night rockfish tasting menu was superb, and the breakfast the next day was maybe the best I've EVER had. An incredible muffin and fruit salad followed by my choice of maybe 10 options, many featuring seafood. I had a crab omelet and was blown away. I left feeling completely rejuvenated and wished I could have stayed longer to explore the cute town and eat more of the Inn & Garden's great food! Definitely check it out!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank jaimekurtz
Decatur, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

We stayed here the night before taking the ferry to visit Tangier Island. Although a little outside the main area of the town, this B&B was very lovely, and our host and hostess were terrific. We borrowed their bicycles and rode around town, which was fun. We were the only ones overnight, staying in the Green Room Suite 4 on the second floor. The room felt much larger than the photos show and very pretty. The breakfast was truly gourmet, and was one of the best meals we had on our trip. I just wish we had stayed on a night they served dinner!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jilyco
Peoria Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

We loved our stay at the Inn. The Inn Keepers were very friendly and helpful, the room was very clean and cozy, and the food was delicious. It you want to golf, sight see, kayak, or just relax, you will love this home away from home.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mhawks22
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

My parents and I rented two rooms for the weekend, as my parents were in the area visiting from Phoenix. We were absolutely impressed with the service provided by Paul and Sandra. There were free snacks waiting in the guest rooms, and plenty of magazines, board games, and movies available for guest use. The rooms and beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was an awesome experience, as we felt like we were eating at a fancy restaurant. They actually let you choose what you want to eat, and have nine gourmet choices available. Our names were on the menu that they let you take home as a keepsake. Before the entree was brought out, we were treated to muffins and fruit parfaits. Food is plentiful, and gorgeously displayed. Best of all, Sandra and Paul treated us like we were a part of their family. My dad says that Paul and Sandra have ruined him from staying at any other bed and breakfast. This was a trip we will always remember and we look forward to a return visit!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank actionadventuregirl
northern Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

My husband and I were travelling with another couple. We occupied the two second floor rooms of the Inn. Both rooms were spotlessly clean. The rooms are moderate in size and have nice decor. Our room had one window overlooking the road in front of the Inn and another window overlooking the entrance to the hotel. Road noise was not a problem as Onancock is a sleepy little town. Linens were luxurious and the bed was comfortable. One complaint might be that we seemed to share water pressure with other guests as my husband had a few showers that got a bit uncomfortable due to other guests water needs.

If you are a Foodie, look no further. You will not find another B&B that can hold a candle to the Inn and Garden Cafe. The breakfasts were gourmet fare that pleased everyone. Plentiful food presented in a beautiful manner. The Eggs Benedict topped with crabmeat were to die for! I would also recommend planning at least one dinner at the Inn. One of the reasons for our vacation was to sample local seafood and we were not disappointed.

The hosts were pleasant and welcoming. They made every effort to make our stay a pleasurable one.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank upnorthjodie
Nottingham England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2011

The Inn and Garden Cafe was everything I expected and more. Paul and Sandra and the staff made me feel so welcome tbat I didn't want to leave. Everything I could possibly have wanted and more were in my lovely cosy suite-part bedroom and part sitting room.. Books, magazines, travel guides, plus toiletries and snacks and drinks. The bed was so comfortable - it was a real home from home.
The breakfast was substantial and every morning absolutely delicious - and varied - and with a great choice of options to pick from cooked to order with family recipes like Sandra's lime syrup and Pauls hash browns which I can't wait to try again. Dinner was exciting as the food options and menus vary daily with create your own pasta or burger nights, film nights and special occasion menus. The Mothers Day Brunch and dinner menu made me want to extend my stay to be there. It s a great mix of local Eastern Shore and classic American dishes..
The location was ideal for exploring the Eastern Shore too
Hard to say what I liked best- chatting to Sandra and Paul? the great choice of food wine and beer in the cafe? the room?. I liked it all but the thing I liked least was leaving!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank SarahWillcox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Onancock
Hampton Inn & Suites Exmore - Eastern Shore
Waterside Inn
#5 of 19 in Chincoteague Island
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Exmore
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincotea...
#6 of 19 in Chincoteague Island
The Inn at Onancock
The Inn at Onancock
#1 of 6 in Onancock

Been to The Inn & Garden Cafe? Share your experiences!