Wave Hotel and Fitness Center
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Clarenville
See available hotels
Restland Motel(Clarenville)
St. Jude Hotel(Clarenville)
Clarenville Inn(Clarenville)
Clode Sound Motel(Charlottetown)
View Hotel
Woody Island Resort(Woody Island)
  • Breakfast included
Fongs Motel(Carbonear)
Carbonear Motel(Carbonear)
  • Beachfront
All reviewscontinental breakfastyogurtpet friendly roomwould stay here againtoastclean roomschecking inpet bedlaundry serviceseparate buildingroom was largeshopping and restaurantsindoor poolmini fridgehotel is locatedcomfortable bedexterior
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Stayed here with our son and two friends. We arrived in the evening to overnight for a day of skiing and snowboarding the next day. This is a nice hotel tucked away in Clarenville. It is well appointed and well located. Our son was able to walk with his friends to nearby restaurants. The room was well appointed. The facilities include a 24/7 pool and fitness centre. The room comfortable. The beds were good and the complimentary breakfast was fine. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2013

When I checked in the clerk asked me if I would be needing the 2 nights I initiallty booked. I told her I only needed on night. I was late for my kids band pracitce the next morning so simply left the keys in the room and never bothered to check out. My mistake.

Apparently, when I checked in, I signed a form which still had my initial request for 2 nights. It is an honest mistake by both myself and the clerk in the hotel.

I called the hotel and the manager bluntly refused to refund my money. They don't care. Whatever happened to the customer is always right? I told him I felt robbed. He didn't care. I guess future customers can read all about the manager here.

The clerks at the hotel were nice. The manager was uncooperative and obviously is nto cut out for the service industry.

My last stay at the Wave.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Nubiwan
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My fiance' and i are in NL for business and also some site seeing. Found this hotel on trip advisory and the reviews were good so Made a reservation to stay over night during our travels to Trinity. The exterior of the hotel is on assuming and plain but do not let that fool you. Inside we found a pool and fitness center and our roomy beautifully furnished room. The bed was very comfortable and gave us a great sleep. The staff were every helpful and friendly recommending a place to eat and any information of places to visit. The price was also very reasonable and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not let the location and out side full you.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank George C
Reviewed 1 October 2013

we returned home after 25 years and the family owned and operated wave hotel was there to welcome us It doesn,t look fancy on the outside but let me tell you once inside the doors you are home, beautiful large clean room excellent beds 24 hour gym and pool, locals use the pool so you get to meet the folks first hand and find all the best spots to visit.The owner welcomes you with open arms even lets you do your laundry ,the staff are as sweet as the local candy called purity kisses, we drove from St.John across to port aux basques and never found as comfortable or friendly hotel anywhere on the island.Do yourself a favor visit clarenville and stay at the wave. close to st johns and make sure you see trinity and bonavista bay both are good day trips while you,re staying here.Thanks to all at the wave see you again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

From outside the hotel looks pretty boring. It is located in the local gym/indoor swimming pool building. During the day students from the local school will come by to practice and the locals will use the well equipped gym. The hotel reception will also serve the gym. At first sight you wonder if you did the right thing when you booked you stay. BUT once you open the door to your room you forget all about the exterior. The room is beautiful and well equipped and you feel at home. The rate included a breakfast served in a cafeteria like room, but it contained the basics. Choose this hotel if you want to stay in a nice and clean room with access to training facilities. Do NOT choose this room if you want great views and lots of service.

• Stayed: August 2013