“Yuck!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Clarenville, Newfoundland, Canada
“Yuck!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I tried this restaurant several times, brushing off previous experience as maybe a bad day in the kitchen. The food here.....well...is gross. All the tomato sauces just taste like ragu out of a bottle. I had chicken, covered in tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. Chicken...burnt, sauce....ragu..cheese..soggy. I asked to send it back to be prepared right and they wouldn't redo it. Instead she said 10% off something I did not eat. Wings..their ok...passable. Never ever again will I eat here.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Christa B

Millbrook, Canada
“Slow service typical prefab bar food”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The place was not busy when we got there but it took some time to get seated. Mostly it seemed the wait staff was running in many directions continually without getting anything done.
Once our food arrived - it was hot for sure - it had the feel of being prefab which was disappointing. I had expected better.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Erik S
“Service Was Rotten”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

A group of 4 of us all went to Clarenville on a Ski Trip-- Not knowing where to go to eat, we decide upon Don Cherry's. We go in-- wait to be seated...After waiting for over 20 minutes to find somewhere for us to sit, we finally sit down and look at the menu. We have all decided on what we want, the waitress comes back after 10-15 minutes to get our order. Understanding it was busy, we just shrugged it off. No big deal. The food was okay, nothing spectacular, kind of cold, and small portioned. Not what I expected to say the least, especially for what we paid. We ate, and were then going to pay, when we got there-- the waiter at the counter, snatched the card from my boyfriends hand ... My boyfriend could tell that they were busy and the waiter seemed frustrated so he simply said; you guys are so busy, the waiter looked at him and replied-- great observation and rolled his eyes. Defiantly the poorest quality of costumer service. Was not impressed. Then they asked if he wanted to give a tip? Here's my tip for this restaurant- Find some waiters who know about customer service.

• Visited February 2013