“Always enjoy their warm hospitality”
Review of Clarenville Inn

Clarenville Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Clarenville
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and I atte at the CI on Sunday Sept. 8th. As usual we are always greeted by a server with a nice welcoming smile. Coffee is quickly provided upong request (a lesson that all diners and restaurants should take note of) and I need my coffee on a Sunday morning! I had the veggie wrap and my bitter half had the lentil and bacon soup. We were both fully satiated with the tasty meal, reasonable price and great service.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel has gone through some very decent renovations over the last few years, the rooms are very comfortable... but.. 2 problems we had when we stayed there the beginning of August.... After we checked in and dropped off our Luggage we went for supper... that was a total disaster, ordered 2 appetizers for my wife and I, she ordered salad, I ordered Mussels... that was after we waited for 15 minutes to get a glass of wine and a beer... we also ordered at the same time a chicken stir fry and Prime Rib....,,, anyway... after waiting 15 to 20 minutes the salad finally arrrives, I asked the waiter about the mussells, he said there still cooking?????? What??? Well after another 10 minutes the Mussels still did'nt show up... but along come the waiter telling us.. "There's no Prime Rib!" so I was starting to get irritated.... and that was after waiting another 15 minutes for another beer...so I ordered the beef dinner.....thats close to an hour now sitting at the table with nothing to eat.. and then after another 20 minutes he shows up with the stir fry and the Boil in the Bag curled up grissly thin sliced Beef!!! absolutely terrible...and the stir fry was like slop and slime..anyway we left and went to the room... now the lady in charge did apologize and was really nice and apologetic and gave a discount, but thats bot what this was about..our evening was ruined..... and thats just the start... once we got to our room I took a shower and thats when the real problem began,,, the Towells reeked of cheap detergent, man you would think this day and age they would know better... I could hardly breath.... it really took my breath away... and then I pulled the sheets down, and it was worse...... we had to pack up the suitcases at 12 at night and get the hell out of there,,,Honestly we had to... it was unbearable.....Can't understand it why on earth would they do that? we stayed there for 3 night last summer and everything was perfect! In every way.... sis the management change???? we went to St. Judes and spent a very nice night there, and had one of the best breakfasts we ever had... So to the Clarenville Inn... get your act together.....Get Rid of the Detergents and get with the program and go scent free!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed here on 1st night after landing in St. John's and renting a vehicle. Rooms clean and beds very comfy. Restaurant food was good as we had Dinner and Breakfast next morning. Close to TCH and lots of parking. Would book here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I and my co-wokers have stayed at this hotel countless times over the years while on business. Lately, prices have jumped drastically and some of the staff are not so friendly. I've had my share of problems over the years but never once complained. This summer I have tried to book this place while on family outings. Rates were all over the place, when I called and my wife called. There were also no corporate rates or special rates for repeat visitors. We ended up at the St. Jude and had three wonderful and quite stays over the summer. I have also suggested to my company that we switch back to the St. Jude for all our business needs.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Jennifer S, Group Sales Coordinator at Clarenville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Thank you for providing us with your feedback, it is important to us. We apologize for your experience at our hotel. We have reviewed your concerns with staff to ensure that this issue does not arise in the future and that quality service is provided at all times. There has been an excessive amount of renovations inside and outside of the building and we offer many amenities onsite for the convenience of our guests. We have a frequent stayer program – Eagle Club – designed to reward our loyal customers. You receive discounted rates on accommodations, and privileges that boost your travels and provide access to exclusive rewards and offers with each stay. We also offer corporate or government rates to customers who are travelling on business. If you would like to discuss any further details about your stay please don’t hesitate to contact me by email at jsmall@clarenvilleinn.ca.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

The hotel is directly on the Trans Canada Highway and I was expecting a typical highway motel room. I have stayed here 10 years ago for a wedding and 25 years ago to ski.

However, the ocean view room we had was modern and spacious and very comfortable, with a great bed and a great view. The hotel was quiet, and the staff on the front desk friendly even at 7 am.

They even offered us a fresh cup of brewed coffee as we were leaving.

We didn't try the breakfast but I'd definitely stay here again, either as a stopover, or for access to the white hills ski resort. It's definitely been renovated very well, at least the wing we were in, and is superior to the hotels I've used in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Clarenville Inn is a nice place to stay. The rooms are large, clean and very comfortable. The hotel is very quiet which is wonderful. The temperature controls in the room are great. The only thing is that there is alot of perfume used in their cleaning products and if you suffer from allergies this is a problem. Also they need to change check out time from noon to 11 a.m. Our room was not ready at 3 p.m. and we had to wait 1 hour before it was ready. If check in time is 3 p.m. the room should be ready. The restaurant is very nice and the prices are very reasonable.

Room Tip: The back of the building - 2nd floor gives you a good view of harbour. Do not come early as your roo...