I give this location a 4 based on the location and the super comfy bed.
This is by no means a 4 by way of being fancy, boutique like or super upscale.
I did not want to rate it lower as the rooms were clean and well appointed and the service was friendly; I had no issues of any sort. So overall it was a very good stay.
The hotel itself is a bit dated but not really in a bad way.
There is an outdoor pool with lounge chairs; it was raining the day we arrived.
The restaurant and upper rooms have a view of the ocean - nice touch, the upper level rooms have a balcony. People smoking on adjacent balconies may have contributed to a slight smoky smell in the room when we first arrived - I didn't notice It much after that.
Hair dryer, fridge, pant press even, towels, soaps, coffee maker .. all that stuff.
The door issue - self clicking handles are loud - I though, as In most cases our neighbors were letting the door slam but came to realise that there was just no way to close the door quietly. Luckily the hallways rolled up at 11PM and this was not an issue the evening we were there.
We did visit the restaurant later in the evening for a glass of wine, a bowl of soup and a coffee with apple pie. The soup was good, the apple pie was good. We did not actually have a meal there. The restaurant was quite busy at dinner time and in the AM. We had dinner before we arrived and were heading out early so just stopped for a coffee close very by. Also has a sub shop within 2 minute walking distance.
There is a bar room with lotto machines and a connected lounge.
Good value and as mentioned comfy bed, restaurant on site so it was overall a great location and stay with no need to head into town (5 minute drive), unless you really needed to.
I'd definitely stay here again if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "The Inn with a view" Featuring 63 entirely renovated air-conditioned rooms and 5 banquet facilities. Renowned for its panoramic view, this property is located on the gateway to Newfoundland's most prominent vacation destination - the Discovery Trail. Enjoy flavorful and hearty style bistro cooking at Stellar Bistro & Lounge while overlooking picturesque Trinity Bay. Disability accessible, wireless internet, fitness centre, seasonal swimming pool and warm hospitality. If you require any further information please don't hesitate to call, our friendly certified staff will be pleased to help you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Clarenville Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarenville Hotel Clarenville
- Clarenville Inn Newfoundland