Clarenville Inn
St. Jude Hotel(Clarenville)
US$121
Restland Motel(Clarenville)
US$125
Arnold's Cove Inn(Arnold's Cove)
US$151
  • Restaurant
US$124
All reviewsfront deskstayed hereparking lotbusiness tripbus tourhot tubthree nightscomfortable bedsthe trans canada highwaywedding guestsconference roomstaff was friendlystir fryfull service hotelmodern amenitiesthe noise levelthe lower level
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I give this location a 4 based on the location and the super comfy bed.
This is by no means a 4 by way of being fancy, boutique like or super upscale.
I did not want to rate it lower as the rooms were clean and well appointed and the service was friendly; I had no issues of any sort. So overall it was a very good stay.
The hotel itself is a bit dated but not really in a bad way.
There is an outdoor pool with lounge chairs; it was raining the day we arrived.
The restaurant and upper rooms have a view of the ocean - nice touch, the upper level rooms have a balcony. People smoking on adjacent balconies may have contributed to a slight smoky smell in the room when we first arrived - I didn't notice It much after that.
Hair dryer, fridge, pant press even, towels, soaps, coffee maker .. all that stuff.
The door issue - self clicking handles are loud - I though, as In most cases our neighbors were letting the door slam but came to realise that there was just no way to close the door quietly. Luckily the hallways rolled up at 11PM and this was not an issue the evening we were there.
We did visit the restaurant later in the evening for a glass of wine, a bowl of soup and a coffee with apple pie. The soup was good, the apple pie was good. We did not actually have a meal there. The restaurant was quite busy at dinner time and in the AM. We had dinner before we arrived and were heading out early so just stopped for a coffee close very by. Also has a sub shop within 2 minute walking distance.
There is a bar room with lotto machines and a connected lounge.
Good value and as mentioned comfy bed, restaurant on site so it was overall a great location and stay with no need to head into town (5 minute drive), unless you really needed to.
I'd definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank akyraty
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Older clean hotel that is quite nice and the staff is outstanding. The restaurant serves a great breakfast and dinner. The gym is small but no one goes and the pool is outside and is clean. My room was clean and we'll laid out. We rented a conference room and the quality was present there as we'll.

Room Tip: Stay on the main floor sense I believe there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed here on a training session in Newfoundland...fantastic food and great service standards for a non-chain hotel.
However, the location of my room on the first floor left much to be desired....noise was a huge issue and I could hear every guest on my floor open and close their door as though they were right next to me...other than that, great stay!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Yukondaddy
Bonita C, Manager at Clarenville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for your kind words. The management and staff of the hotel are dedicated to providing the best quality service and comments such as yours reassure we are achieving this goal. Last spring we replaced the exterior doors on the upper level and within the next week we will have replaced all the exterior doors on the lower level. This will certainly help in the noise reduction. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed here on my way from west to east. The hotel is located next to the main road, no where near the city.
If you want to eat a nice meal you need to drive to the city, you can't walk, its to far, and I cannot recommend the restaurant.
It took a little while with the check in, but check out was fast.
Rooms are okay, I even had a Apple tv in my room. I was also supposed to have a patio, I do not consider a concrete space of 1x4 meters with no furniture to be a patio, so that was somewhat disappointing, With small windows and all the furniture standing in front of them, the Ocean View also became a disappointment.
The price was a little to high compared to what you got, but that seems to be the price in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms with "Ocean View" will spare you the noise from the Highway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We appreciate your comments. We are located at the entrance to Clarenville, the town is located just behind the hotel, only a minute away. The distance may of appeared to be further do to our location a top the hill overlooking the town. I am disappointed to hear your visit to the restaurant did not meet your expectations, if you have a particular concern I would be happy to discuss this issue further. We offer many specials from breakfast to dinner. For the summer season we have seating on the patio for two, in addition we have a beautiful patio just off from the dining room and lounge that overlooks the pool and the town.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Our flight was diverted to Gander and we had to spend a night at the Clarenville Inn. The staff were amazing in taking care of us. We checked in late in the night, brought us food (sandwiches) even when the kitchen was closed and the rooms were perfect. Thank you guys as we needed that service after a long day of travel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Bonita C, Manager at Clarenville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words.

We strive to provide all guests with the cleanest and most comfortable hotel accommodation. We believe our family of staff is our most valuable and reliable asset that would make your stay at our hotel so enjoyable.