“Pizza Did Not Delight”

Add it.
Pizza Delight
Ranked #17 of 24 Restaurants in Clarenville
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

When my family and I arrived we requested the round table in the back of the restaurant to help contain our two small children. The woman who was seating us first said the table wouldn't handle 6 people as it was designed for 5. I said I was sure it would be ok and then she tried to say the table had to be cleaned first. I said we didn't mind waiting and at this point, the hostess rolled her eyes. After a short wait, we were seated at the table. Just to note, we all fit there fine and in fact two extra people could have fit there comfortably.

Our server (the same woman who seated us) brought over cutlery, place mats and menus but instead of placing them neatly in front of us, she dumped it all into a huge pile. As well, no crayons or pirate hats were offered to my kids. Though the restaurant was not overly busy (perhaps four other tables besides us), it took twenty minutes for our server to come back and take our orders for drinks and food!

Once our orders had been placed, my husband and I went to the buffet table which included a selection of lasagne, spaghetti, salads, pizza, garlic fingers and so on. There were very few dried out pieces of pizza and garlic fingers to choose from. I also tried the spaghetti and found it overcooked to the point where it was mushy. We kept an eye on the buffet table for fresh pizza to be served but all that kept arriving was garlic fingers.

After 30 minutes had passed, I asked another server if she knew when my children's pizza and chicken nuggets would be ready. She checked with the kitchen and said "oh, not for a while." My kids were hungry and really started acting up so I gave them some of my garlic fingers to tide them over.

Five minutes later, my kids' food (and our drinks...40 minutes for drinks) finally arrived. Every single soda delivered to our table was flat (which included different flavours), my daughter's chicken nuggets were mushy and my son's pizza was undercooked in the middle. It took an additional 10 minutes for the rest of the food we had ordered to arrive (that's 50 minutes after we had been seated). At this time, there were only two other tables seated besides us.

After bringing the last of our food, I took the opportunity to ask our server to bring my children's deserts. After waiting 20 more minutes I decided that we could not wait any longer and so we stood up to get ready to leave. Our server noticed us getting ready to leave so she came over and said "so, which deserts would you like for your kids again?" I was flabbergasted!! Twenty minutes of waiting for deserts which apparently weren't even coming! I told her we had done enough waiting and it was time for us to leave. She said "Well once you get behind the cash, it's hard to leave" to which I responded "Well there's only so much waiting a customer with two small children can handle." We paid our bill and left.

Upon leaving, fresh pizza STILL had not arrived at the buffet table. The same three dried up pieces remained.

Everyone in our dining party agreed that we would not be returning to this particular Pizza Delight.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I never write reviews for chain restaurants but there aren't many options for people traveling down the highways and needing a quick stop.

The lunch buffet is a fantastic deal - pizza, soup, salads (several kinds), even dessert - and for an unbelievable price. I am a vegetarian and was able to find many options that worked for me.

It was a very pleasant stop on a cold, rainy day.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Fantastic pizza, it was hot and was fast ! The service was also fast and friendly . Will certainly go back !!!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

clean, friendly staff,good location,very good service

Reviewed 1 July 2012

We waited 45 minutes for our pizzas before the waitress even bothered to tell us that there were problems in the kitchen. Meanwhile several dozen pizzas for takeout or delivery went out the door while we and at least 5 other tables waited for their dinners. When the pizzas arrived, one of them was the wrong pizza not noticed until a slicehad already been eaten and it wasn't hot. The salad ordered as part of a combo special was not served until after the pizza was delivered. The salad portion was paltry compared to another passing by for another diner the lettuce was limp and not crisp as a Caesar salad should be. When informed of the wrong pizza, the waitress had to check in the kitchen in case the diner was mistaken about what had been ordered. When she returned and confirmed that it was the wrong order, she offered to replace it but having already eaten a slice and waited 45 minutes, the offer was declined.. The restaurant has a bread bar and grill where one is invited to grill bread while waiting for one's dinner. It is a poor distraction from the long wait while takeouts and delivery orders take precedence over in- house diners. There is another Pizza restaurant in the same mall, I suggest that is the one to have gone to.