“overpriced”

Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Winner of Hall of Fame Restaurant! Harp Music on Sunday & Wednesday evenings! 7 to 9 pm Seaside Restaurant is located in the most scenic part of GROS MORNE NATIONAL PARK, in the small fishing village of Trout River (Route 431), on the beachfront overlooking the ocean with its spectacular sunsets & a kilometer of boardwalk... less than a 10 minute drive from the Tablelands Exhibit. Enjoy the best of Newfoundland cuisine and enjoy beautiful sunsets over the water. After a hike up the Tableland Mountains, or a boat tour up Trout River Pond, this is a great place to come and relax with some real cultural delicacies and picturesque view. Great Food, Great Wine & Great Views of the Ocean! NEW FALL HOURS: 12 noon to 8:30 pm
Reviewed 6 August 2014

appeared to be highly rated but we found it to be extremely overpriced when we were there for lunch in July 2014

There are newer reviews for Seaside Restaurant

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Reviews have said that the food here was excellent. That was not our experience. I had the seafood chowder; though as there was no lobster, scallops, clams, or other shell fish, I fail to understand why it is referred to as seafood chowder. In my opinion it was simply fish soup. As it contained 50% potatoes and the fish did not taste fresh, I was not impressed. On the other hand, my wife had the Newfoundland Pea Soup, which was quite good. It contained pieces of carrot and turnip, the latter giving the soup a hint of sweetness. Neither soup came with crackers, rolls, or a biscuit. The view from the restaurant of the water and surrounding cliff-side is wonderful.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Heard about this little gem from a family friend so on our way up to Rocky Harbour we decided to detour. Glad we did! We've been waiting to have an authentic seafood meal and this place did not disappoint. Fish was fresh, atmosphere was great and the views were gorgeous. The prices were a bit on the higher side which put a dim light on it but if you know to expect that, it's worth a visit. The sunset from the boardwalk is a view not to be missed!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

After a long hike to the Green Gardens in Gros Morne, my girlfriend and I decided to make the short trek to Trout River for a meal. We found the Seaside Restaurant, and were not disappointed. The service was very friendly and efficient, and the view and atmosphere was spectacular.

The biggest bonus though was the menu which was filled with a wide variety of local and fresh seafood options, not typically found elsewhere (e.g. pickled herring, turbot, catfish, etc.) If you like seafood, this is a great place to go.

If you're visiting Newfoundland, this is a must if you're in the area... a great cultural and culinary experience.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The view is incredible. The harp player was fantastic during dinner. The service was great. The warm buns were basic but tasty. Food was delicious although my girlfriend thought there was too much butter on the food. I thought it was great. I think the meal was worth more like $80 after tip instead of $100. Overall, I would certainly go back!