“Loved it here!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jost Van Dyke
Perfect Pineapple Guest Houses
Reviewed 9 April 2013

First I want to start by saying I can't believe there were bad reviews about this place. Maybe those people were expecting a 5 start hotel?

We had a 5 night trip to BVI & started on Tortula and ended on Jost. I had a reservation for a room for my husband & I. When we showed up on the ferry the owner was there waiting to greet us (taxi to hotel is free for guests staying 5 days or more. For us is was $20 / 4 people which was the average cost of a taxi on the islands) As stated I had a reservation for two but showed up as four. They ended up putting us in the suite over the store. It was perfect for two couples. You walked into a small sitting room & kitchenette. It was a little warm but each of the bedrooms had air conditioning. No one goes to Jost to hang out in their room so the A/C wasn't an issue. At night when we were home we hung out on our private covered poirch that overlooked the main road. Our room was clean, the location was perfect, and our hosts were great. They were friendly & knowledgeable & make a great breakfast! If I ever make it back to BVI I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

5  Thank stellakitty

Reviewed 19 March 2013

we just spent March 9-16th there with 13 people to celebrate my husband's 50th and this was perfect! we had the 2 bedroom at the very top of the hill and it was gorgeous with a wonderful view! everything looked brand new. we love having a kitchen so we can cook breakfast and have coffee every morning. this was perfect place bc we could all come and go as we pleased and all the beach bars are so close so some could go to drink/eat at Soggy Dollar and others could relax or go to Gertrude's or One Love. White Bay is beautiful but getting more popular with the college crowd it seems. they start arriving around 8:30 and leave between 5 and 6. Greg and Hilda are wonderful hosts and the rooms were cleaned every day. this was our second stay there and I would definitely go back! Also they had beach chairs for us every day!

Room Tip: although its a climb the rooms at the top of the hill are newly renovated and very nice with wonderf...
3  Thank airbetty
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We traveled to Jost with 6 other couples and wanted to be close enough to the beach action, but not too close (cruise ship people and day boaters can be a bit torture, nice to have a little distance from them), and not pay the beachfront prices. The Perfect Pineapple was just right for us, very clean, seemed almost brand new. Kitchens in each of the cottages allowed us to make breakfast ourselves and save even more money. Every day we returned from a full beach day to find our rooms cleaned and beds made! People were absolutely awesome, and Greg and Claude drove us anywhere we wanted on the island, at any time! One of my favorite places, cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: Stay up on the hill, better views than unit above the store, and you are far away from the neighbors...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mksheridan
Reviewed 14 March 2013

If you are choosing to stay at the Perfect Pineapple, then it is almost certainly because of its proximity to White Bay. In that regard, it is perfect. We stayed in the stand-alone one-bedroom guest house (which is part-way up their little hill) and we were about a 2-3 minute walk to the beach. Which is UNBELIEVABLY PERFECT. Now that I've been to White Bay, I'm actually quite sure I'll never want to go anywhere else on vacation. The accommodations themselves, though, are...adequate, fine, etc... If you do not have expecations of luxury accommodations (which I didn't) then you won't be disappointed. But I think it's important to know what you're signing up for when you book a stay here. There is a little sitting room, a small kitchen area (with fridge, sink, a couple of burners), a bathroom and an air conditioned bedroom. It is all kept clean, but it is a bit worn and definitely, basic. I would also highly recommend bringing in some basic groceries with you (coffee, water, snacks, etc... and maybe things to make one or two meals). It can get pricy to eat out all the time, particularly for dinner as the restauarants on the beach all do high-end, high-price dinners (no place to get a quick and cheap burger after, say, 4 p.m.).

As for the hosts, Greg and Hilda, they were...fine. We had no problems with them at all but I can't say I found them to be particularly accommodating the way other reviewers had suggested. While they weren't rude, I wouldn't say they were terribly welcoming or helpful. They would answer our questions, of course, but often with one-word answers or with answers that I felt were, maybe, incomplete. I'll just say they weren't terribly forthcoming with information and not really the most engaging conversationalists. Oh well, no harm done, but a reason to do your research about the island ahead of time so that you're not relying on the help of your hosts when you arrive.

All in all, we had a fabulous stay on White Bay. To be entirely honest, though, I'd have to give most of the credit for that to the beach and the bay, itself, rather than to the Perfect Pineapple.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kate2206
Reviewed 11 March 2013

An amazing experience that I have nothing but positive things to say about. The cottage we stayed at was at the very top of the hill, and had all new appliances and a new television. It also had two bedrooms with AC that kept the rooms nice and cold. Extremely clean and unbelievable views. 2 minute walk to the beach, and free WIFI in lobby and on porch.

Room Tip: Stayed at the top of the hill on the upstairs cottage. Beautiful views and granite kitchen tops. It...
4  Thank Lizzie820
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Greg is wonderful the staff is amazing. You will not be disappointed they keep the rooms very clean and are wonderful people. You are steps away from White Bay best beach in BVI. If you can find something to complain about here don't go to the Islands. The view is breath taking from the top of the hill rooms. The water pressure is fantastic every day the room is made and cleaned. They have a wonderful check in area with gifts and make a wonderful breakfast for purchase.

Room Tip: Stay on the hilltop room 1.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RESPECTMONChicago
Reviewed 1 February 2013

We stayed at Perfect Pineapple January 16th-21st, 2013. I believe we stayed in Cottage #1, #2, and #3 (there were 6 of us) at the top of the hill. Yes, the hill was steep but it was the perfect blend of exercise and didn't bother us at all. To DixieWanderer...if you were the couple in #4 when we were there, my apologies to you for having to listen to our music late at night while we hung out on our balconies :)
The room was extra clean and comfortable. Shower was tiled, large, and clean. Fridge was cold and the AC was even colder. I've stayed at the Pink House twice before and I can honestly say I enjoyed Perfect Pineapple just as much. We had an amazing view.
Since we stayed 5 nights, we decided to rent a car which was totally worth it. Greg picked us up at the dock the night of our arrival and we picked up the rental car the next day.
We brought in staple type groceries (wine, liquor, beer, & snacks) from Tortola but ate lunch and dinner out each day. Soggy Dollar for lunch and Consairs & Foxy's for dinner were our favorites. Bushwacker's at One Love are a MUST! If you want to venture out one day look up our friends that own the Wet Woody's boat out of St. John. They are a blast and will give you a day to remember.
This is my 3rd time to stay on the island and my 12+ time to visit JVD. Perfect Pineapple was the highlight of our stay. Couldn't ask for more...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
White Bay Villas & Seaside Cottages
The Sea Crest Inn
The Sea Crest Inn
#1 of 5 in Jost Van Dyke

Been to Perfect Pineapple Guest Houses? Share your experiences!