“Outstanding!”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2013

What a fantastic spot! We made our own painkillers each day and drank tall and delicious Bushwackers. The grilled Mahi sandwiches were super tasty and so were the conch fritters. Everyone there is always so friendly and that continued this year with Glen who just took it up another notch. By far our favorite beach spot and bartender. Think outside the dollar and walk a few steps further down White Bay. It's worth it!

1  Thank Guppy214

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We go to Jost every year since we found this amazing island ! Nicole an I got engaged at the point our first trip there! So we return every year which this will make our 5 th year this coming oct! 2013! We normally go in sept to have quality time with all our island friends! Especially Gertrude, Lisa , an Ulga! Sorry my spelling may be off a bit! however we have chose to change it up a bit an go in October to show our family all the places there on the island ! Though we always end up jst kickin back at Gertrude's ! It's absolutely the best place to be! Whenever you step foot on this island you should make it a point to stop on by! From the food .. the rodies to a simple cheeseburger, to the drinks to absolutely a good time! See you ladies soon! Thanks again for all the long nights to the early sunrise! One word... Perfection!

1  Thank TreakleToes
Reviewed 18 July 2013

When talking about Island Bars everyone screams Soggy Dollar Bar. I found the next door neighbor, Gertrudes to be way more relaxed. They will mix literally any drink you can dream up and fill it with copious amounts of alcohol, while Gertrude sits back and watches. Great place....don't miss it.

1  Thank jdl175
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I expected a lot less from a beach bar. I expected even less when we waited forever for our food. But the food was quite good. Plus we were waiting on a beautiful beach.
My fried chicken wings were nicely seasoned, crispy, and fresh out of the fryer. The burger had a pretty thick patty that actually covered the bun, and the roti was stuffed full of pieces of perfectly seasoned, spicy tofu.
I can't begin to tell you what makes a perfect painkiller, but Gertrude's blends a tasty one. I know it's supposed to be on the rocks instead of frozen, but believe me, you won't care after a couple sips.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Gertrude's will numb your senses with her Brugal Rum made Big Mango Daiquieries. Burgers are hugh. Chicken wings are the best.

1  Thank JDCW_12