“A little piece of paradise!”

Ivan's Stress-Free Bar and Camp Ground
Ranked #14 of 24 Restaurants in Jost Van Dyke
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Stress Free, Family friendly, relaxing little haven.
South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A little piece of paradise!”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We have been going to Ivan's for many years. This year we took our grown children down and decided to renew our vows at Ivan's. Darlene (Ivan's daughter) set everything up for me. The ceremony was at 11AM followed by a wonderful Caribbean lunch cooked by Celia(the best cook!) The local minister did the ceremony for us and it was beyond my expectations. Lunch was grilled mahi mahi, barbque chicken, salad, mac and cheese and peas and rice! OMG!!! Delicious as always. Tena (the bartender) kept the drinks flowing for us! Darlene ordered a small cake for me that was decorated beautifully. It was a Vienna cake made from scratch and the taste was out of this world! Ivan and his family establishment rock! They have always taken such good care of me every visit and I always look forward to my visits with them. This one was just extra special! A big thanks and hugs to Darlene, Tena and Celia and of course much love to Mr. Ivan!!

Rion and Jenny
South Carolina

• Visited June 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Mixed emotions about this one”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

While they had an excellent BBQ one night, it seemed like every other time we were there, we were putting them out by showing up and trying to give them our money/business. I had heard so many great things about Ivan's, perhaps it was that they were burned out after the long tourist season.

Visited April 2013
Plant City, Florida
“Ivan's”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I wonted the lobster sandwich but they were out, so I had a hamburger and it was great. I can not remember the name but I had a red punch drink that kicked me on my #%%. But it was really good. We met Ivan he was very nice. And you can't beet the view.

Visited July 2012
Wilmcote, United Kingdom
“Ivan's Stress Free Bar - (Does what it says on the tin)”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This wonderfully ramshackle bar shares a beach with the Soggy Dollar Bar but they are like chalk and cheese. The Stress Free Bar's share of the beach is quiet uncluttered and peaceful. Everything happens in its own time (which many may find frustrating) but drop time down a cog or two, chill out on the beach, order a pin killer or two and perhaps some fries and just take in the wonderful beach and view and watch the world go by. A real tonic of a place.

• Visited April 2013
Freehold, New Jersey
“PARADISE FOUND !!”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Ivan's Stress Free Local Flavor Bar & Restaurant is located in White Bay, Jost Van Dyke, BVI. Also known as Paradise Found ! Ivan's is as local and funky as you can get. The beach is magnificent. They have installed mooring balls in White Bay in the past few years, so once you navigate past the reef, you moor in about 12 feet of crystal clear water. We swam in from our boat, enjoyed rum punch cocktails on the beach and then swam back for dinner aboard. Did I mention that it is also quiet and low key - all of the 20 somethings are further down the beach at the Soggy Dollar, so there is nothing to do but lose your stress !

• Visited May 2013