“First Cuba experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayo Coco
Memories Flamenco Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This was our first trip to Cuba, after several to Mexico and Jamaica. This was the most beautiful beach we've experienced, without question. The weather was tremendous for the entire week. Staff were very good and no issues with our room. Food was better than expected! We didn't lack for anything. We did find the evening entertainment lacking, but we are used to much larger resorts. Flying into the small airport and the short bus ride to the resort was a bonus :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank PEIsland_Gamz
Memories_Flamenco, Director General at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for having chosen Memories Beach Resorts and for selecting Memories Flamenco, our newest property in Cayo Coco.

Thanks a lot for your review. We are happy to hear that you had a nice stay and that you liked our Resort. We constantly strive to improve our performance and deliver a quality product to ensure that our customers enjoy the most rewarding holiday experience possible.

We sincerely hope to welcome you once again at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, your home in the sun!

Director General I General manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,780)

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We have travelled to many destinations but this was our first time in Cuba. I must say we were very happy with our stay. We have never gone to a destination in the summer months so really havent experienced so many families being on vacation. Not that this bothered us but the hotel did cater to families also.
The staff could not have been nicer. We did not run in to one staff member that we would not give Koodos to. Every member would greet you when you passed by. The Gardeners always wished you a good morning and worked endlessly to keep the grounds beautiful. I must mention a couple of names that stick out to give them our special thanks and that would be, Carlos in Diamond Club customer service who handled a couple of special attentive services for us during our stay and went out of his way to ensure we were happy or that they did occur, he ALWAYS had a smile on his face and ready to accomadate, Cici who always asked if all was well with our stay ( and I will be taking spanish lessons to take you up on that job offer) Yobano ,Janni, Yunier ( please excuse the spelling) the three AWSOME Musketeers in the morning who handled our paralyzers and Caesars ( we brought the clamato juice) to get us going in the morning or cappuccino . These three worked very hard in the mornings to get everyone going. Yulian at the diamond club beach bar was a sweetie and him and his wife are having their first baby in January so if you are headed down bring them a gift.
Though we had the Diamond Club upgrade we did not take full advantage of it as we were just playing it by ear and did not get to the dinners except for one they did for our celebration and I must say the roast beef was amazing. My husband had the Lobster and loved it. I am not a lobster fan but did try a piece and the texture was very flaky. We ate many of our meals in the buffet that if people were complaining then they are just complainers in life because I consider myself a picky eater and I did not go hungry by any means. There was a wide assortment of food to choose from every day, though it was odd that chicken was hard to get. If dining at night sit in Juan Alain's section to the right as you walk in. He will not forget your name. Tell him Paulo and Fay say Hi ha ha . Greta service from him and his partner..team that is. Young guy with a great smile.
The entertainment staff is the best I have seen anywhere we have been and we have been to Curacao, Dominican, Costa Rica, Cozumel, Mayan Riviera .. They know their routines and work very hard. One day when the speakers went down around the pool they came from out of the wood work from all angles singing getting everyone to sing along...this was their down time...they did great shows every night and great dancing. The aquatic show was fantastic. dont miss it.
It was very cool how David the manager started of the night of the Michael Jackson show by putting together a concoction of different alcohols and warming it up, some type of witch's brew and then inviting everyone up to take a cup. Very inviting!
Go down to the catamaran shop and get Angel and Wilman to take you on a special ride to the reef. tell them Fay and Paul will be back with the music,, they will laugh. We took them some Canadian beer and they thought that was great. Best catamaran ride we have been on. They will be the reason I go back definitely
We took a day to walk to Lenny's like someone suggested on trip advisor. Well dont go if its going to rain cause there was no band there and we were soaked and sitting there and I do not eat sea food and they were out of chicken so I sat there watching my husband eat a huge meal that he did thoroughly enjoy though . It did not take an hour though like the person said it was more like 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Take a cab.
We must mention the martini bar at night was fantastic and I apologize that I cant think of his name now but another great memory as one night my husband had a martini with 4 olives and three nights later the gent remembered exactly what my husband wanted. AND he makes the best special coffees ever! So KOODOS to you MARTINI MAN. There was also Janet who was a sweet heart who took his place on his nights off and I hope you are enjoying the mosquito coils we left with you. And yes the mosquitos come out at night mostly noticed after a rain. They do spray the grounds. Bring spray if you are planning on leaving the grounds. One tip for you, because you are not allowed over 100 mls on the plane there are wipes you can buy so you can pack them on your carry on in case they are bad at the airport.
The wifi sucks and so does the price. If you have your own laptop and need to check your email do so on yours not theirs. I had huge troubles with which Carlos did help me with. I tried one day to send my daughter a Happy birthday message for 40 minutes with no success on their computers. You would think with Sunwing owning this property they would wpend a couple bucks and get some up to date computers there. But we are on vacation and dont need them ,, just to check in.

Room Tip: We were in building 1 and loved it. Gorgeous view of ocean
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank fassrap

Dear guest,

Thank you for your trust in our company Memories beach resorts and thank you for having chosen our resort in Cayo Coco, Memories Flamenco.

Thanks a lot for your wonderful review. We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us. We are always pleased to receive positive feedback from our valued customers and we feel that it is important on those occasions that a staff member knows that fine effort is appreciated.

Thank you once again for your wonderful review; we sure hope to have the chance to welcome you once again at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, your home in the sun!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We had an amazing time. Didn't have to worry about anything! Everything was taken care of and everything was more then we expected. We relaxed and rejuvenated. The beaches were stunning. The people were so helpful. The rooms were clean and airy and cool. And Cayo coco was hot hot hot 48c when we were there...
Can't say enough great things and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We were in building number 1 on the first floor and we loved it. Close to the bar and pool. Didn...
6  Thank Fancylemons
Memories_Flamenco, General Manager at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Fancy,

Thanks a lot for your wonderful review. We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us and proud to know that you have the holiday you expected. We constantly strive to improve our performance and deliver a quality product to ensure that our customers enjoy the most rewarding holiday experience possible.

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

So I stayed at Memories flamenco Aug 2-Aug14 2014 I traveled alone. I have always visited Cuba with friends but sometimes alone is the way to go.

First off the beach, everyone complains about the coral on the beach and as you enter the water. Don't worry about it! There is a huge board walk that you can enter the gorgeous white sands that goes about 40 into the water with amazing marine life right at your feet! Bring your snorkel gear or use the rental stuff"it free" the coral is good not great but for right at the shore is not bad at all! And the bar and grill on the board walk is pretty epic as well

The hotel staff have to be the beat in Cuba one I will remember for the rest of my life is Ricki at the lobby bar. What a great dude! I tipped him only a few dollars at the start of my trip he took care of me for 2 weeks straight. I never waited longer than 30 seconds for a drink and sometimes he would just send them to my table I didn't even have to order!!!

The bad parts are the rooms. There were no bugs but I was visited by crabs on a nights basis. Not crotch crabs land crabs they crawl along the hallways at night and climb the doors some are as big as footballs. The house keeping is fantastic folded my clothes everyday and always left a surprise on my bed. But the blankets smelled moldy I'm guessing its the humidity. Air condition work to well I was always frozen about 4 in the morning. I like it cool but it was like a freezer. The guy who brings the beer and water in the morning walks in with out knocking... I was naked one morning sleeping with no blankets it was awkward but mehh I was have in the bag anyway... And breakfast beer delivery is amazing!!!! So I guess the rooms are not that bad .... I really loved the food the hotel and the best part of my trip I traveled solo and met some really amazing people and the times I had in those 2 weeks I realized while they call it memories!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Tristan Scott H
Memories_Flamenco, General Manager at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Scott,

Thanks a lot for your wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us – we constantly strive to improve our performance and deliver a quality product to ensure that our customers enjoy the most rewarding holiday experience possible.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed at this resort August 16-23, 2014 and had a wonderful vacation from start to end. To begin with, it is very seldom that people comment positively about airlines, we only hear about the bad experiences. I would like to take this opportunity to mention that our flight down with Sunwing was excellent. The flight attendants were wonderful with special mention for outstanding service to Ashley and Eddie.

Our first morning we attended the information meeting and I was truly impressed that the management attended the meeting to welcome guests and introduce themselves. This was a nice touch when they have guests arriving daily and take the time to do this; clearly this kind of attention is reflected in the service at this resort as the staff are lead by example. The meeting was informative, not a big sales push for excursions and was kept short.

Rooms: the resort is very large and has 10 buildings for accommodation, we were in building number 1 which was very convenient to the pool, lobby and main buffet restaurant. The rooms are very nice and quite spacious; the bed was not that comfortable with small pillows but we asked for extra pillows and it was a definite improvement. The rooms are kept spotlessly clean.

Food: the choice of food is excellent, the buffet is wonderful with a huge array of selections at every meal. I would find it difficult to believe that anyone could complain as there had to be something that would meet every requirement/taste. The a la carte restaurants were not the best that I have had but again satisfactory and you can always return to the buffet if you didn't enjoy the meal. The waiters and waitresses were friendly and attentive and warmly greet you at the door as you enter. They were all wonderful but one waiter who stood out particularly was Noyling - he is a credit to you. There was also a lady in the Mediterranean restaurant during the day and she was wonderful too.

Bars: the bars have a really nice ambience especially the lobby bar that is very relaxing. The drinks were great, no complaints with the wine, wonderful mimosas, cappuccinos and the cocktails were really good - no watered down drinks here, they were very strong. Pedro in the pool bar was excellent, I loved his iced coffee - his specialty.

The gardens and landscaping are beautiful, they have done an amazing job in 2 years, the gardeners are always seen working hard all day. The pool is very nice and the water was a great temperature all the time. The shows were very good and the animation team were very friendly. The Michael Jackson show is very well done.

A couple of suggestions: in some areas where there is tile and there is a lot, it becomes extremely slippery when wet. I'm not sure how they could resolve this but it might be an idea to put up cones in areas that have tile when the floors have been washed or it has rained or wet from being in the pool. It is definitely a slip hazard and we saw quite a few people slip and putting up cones or fold up yellow signs would alert people to be cautious in these areas.

You will definitely need mosquito repellent, as you would for most places in the Caribbean - you will likely be bit at some point so take repellent and bite cream to avoid the discomfort. They do spray the resort but I highly recommend taking your own precautions too.

The beach is very nice but has some very scary looking stones. We had a wonderful tour of the resort from Lisbet and she explained that the stones were going to be polished so that it would not be a hazard for people getting in and out of the water. This will definitely be an improvement. Go to the beach at night and see the stars - lovely.

Excursions: the ones that we booked through Sunwing were excellent value and were wonderful tours that added to our memories of this vacation. It is a real bonus that the 2 Sunwing representatives are on site every day, all day, not just limited hours/days. They do a wonderful job and are knowledgeable and friendly and answer all your questions. Cecelia is a customer service representative who is always so friendly and kind to guests and is also there to answer any questions or concerns in the lobby area.

This resort is operated with efficiency, outstanding customer service, friendly and welcoming staff and attention to detail. I would recommend this resort, it is definitely a book with confidence resort and I would return if I were to visit Cayo Coco in the future.

Room Tip: Building 1 is close to the pool, lobby, theatre.
9  Thank 27cadetmom

Dear guest,

Thanks a lot for your wonderful review. We feel it describes very well our cherished hotel! We make sure to revise every department frequently to insure that we always give our customers the best service and offers they rightly deserve. Your comments help us improve our quality, products and standards everyday!

Thank you so much once again for your exhaustive review. Our staff send you their personal thanks and hope that you will once again choose Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, the next time you are in Cayo Coco.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My husband and I (23&25) got married there in aug 2014 and brought along a total group of 20
People. 97% of us enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back. The beach view from the doc on our wedding pictures was the best thing we can ask for. The staff was all very helpful and friendly. Literally everyone seemed to love their job I didn't see one sad face while I was there. The food was better than expected. A la cartes are amazing probably the best meals you will have. Also the snack bar pasta bolognese was unreal amazing and basically what everyone had at lunch as
Well as the fresh fish and seafood rice bar they have off the dock. Definitely a resort I would recommend to a good family trip. The disco music most nights was really good with house music but probably
An hour after it opens not
Necessarily right away. Thanks to all Memories team
Members for helping me out. To
Those who are planning on getting married there Sisi, Karen and Murphey helped tremendously. Xoxo

• Stayed: August 2014
7  Thank Debora S
Memories_Flamenco, General Manager at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Debora,

We are so proud and happy that you decided to choose us for such an important day in your lives and we are even prouder to hear that we were able to give you the day you expected.

Thank you so much once again for having chosen Memories Flamenco Beach Resort for your lifetime memories. Congratulations once again!
We look forward to welcoming you once again, for an anniversary perhaps? at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, your home in the sun

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Should you plan your long awaited summer vacation never miss considering Memory Flamenco Cayo Coco. I have been there twice with my family and always have been coming home with mixed feelings, feelings of not wanting to leave this place. Extremely professional service, top notch facilities, fantastic entertainment every day. On top of that a beautiful beach and undeterred willingness to make your stay most enjoyable and memorable. A beautiful twist of Cuban culture and extreme effort to serve your needs adds to it. Love it or loathe it, nothing in between. I loved it from the first sight.
Chapeau bas!!! Slawomir Smolec

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful, though the second floor gives you a better outlook either on the sea or the...
8  Thank Slawek S
Memories_Flamenco, General Manager at Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Slawek,

Thank you for having chosen Memories Beach Resorts and for selecting Memories Flamenco once again for your vacation.

Thanks a lot for your wonderful review. We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us – we constantly strive to improve our performance and deliver a quality product to ensure that our customers enjoy the most rewarding holiday experience possible.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayo Coco
#8 of 12 in Cayo Coco
TRYP Cayo Coco
TRYP Cayo Coco
#7 of 12 in Cayo Coco

Been to Memories Flamenco Beach Resort? Share your experiences!