IBEROSTAR Mojito
Melia Cayo Coco(Cayo Coco)
US$265
  • Pool
Sol Cayo Coco(Cayo Coco)(Great Value!)
US$179
  • Breakfast included
TRYP Cayo Coco(Cayo Coco)
  • Pool
3,743 results
All reviewsel senadornh krystalcigar loungeadult poolfisha la carte restaurantspizzasnack barpollochickenmain poolthe grillother resortsgames roomlow seasonfriesrecommend this resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Our second time going to the Krystal Laguna, was not any better than the first time. Half the resort was closed down and we could not access alot of the things we enjoyed last time. There was a complimentary bottle of rum on our bed when we arrived which was nice and we got the penthouse of rooms. Great view and awsome service. Just not as exciting and we noticed more little things about the place that we did not the first time. Would reccommend as a first timer to go there because your safety is astounding on the island, no worries, but second time around was just not any better

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mome2boyz
Reviewed 6 December 2011

It was my first visit to this hotel and everything was perfect. I stayed there for two weeks-Nov 20 to Dec 4- and I loved it. The hotel was spotless and the service was great everywhere. Was not very crowded but we did not miss anything. The diversity in the buffet was not big but everything I tried was good, the pasta were amazing. Can t wait to return there, I already miss all my new friends. Do not hesitate to choose this hotel and you will have a great time. Room are clean and confortable and all the staff are very helpfull and friendly. Planty of chairs at the beach and at the pool and the towels were in the room. All management are very involved in the success, always present ont he site and making sure that everything was perfect.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Chanty027
Reviewed 4 December 2011

My Wife and I , heards some mixed reviews about the Hotel La Laguna (formerly known as El Senador, NH Krystal and Emparador),one thing I could say is that we had a great vacation . the people are friendly, resort is clean, no problems with service and the weather was great. And also met a couple who transfered from the Tryp to this resort.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Terry2617
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I have been to resorts in Cuba many times and this is the first place where I meet clients who come back year after year, I'm talking 12 to 20 times. Now I understand why: the people who work here make it the best! The service is outstanding, the staff is so friendly and they really go that extra mile. I was there for ten days this November 2011. They just reopened and are renovating the resort next door to expand and take it over to get the 5 star rating back and I don't doubt that it will be there very soon.

FOOD- Always a concern in Cuba is surprisingly great in La Laguna. They have international team of chefs at the Buffet with a great variety and a nice salad bar with actual lettuce ( which is a first for me in Cuba!) They have 2 a la carte restos which I enjoyed but I did hear complaints about the food at El Gallo (go for the chicken there!)

The animators are fun without being annoying, the nightly shows are outstanding with the famous Pepe as choreographer (please give him a hug from Lisa) and his team of professional dancers. The outing at the Cave is a fun night out to dance.

The gym is very modern with excellent equipment, I was impressed and with Alberto there to give some work out tips which is great. He gave us all a personalized program which was greatly appreciated with all his knowledge in personal training and kinesiology. They also have some cool cruiser bikes and tenns courts. I was however unimpressed with the gentleman at the nautical center who was always present but said they were always closed. Hopefully they will communicate to him so that clients can take advantage of the kayaks, catamaran and snorkel gear which are all available when weather permits.

The beach is nice and it is great to take walks on, make sure to visit Playa Pilar nearby and for kite surfers: this is your paradise.

There were very few guest when we were there which surprised everyone seeing how great the place is whereas people were fighting for chairs on the beach next door at Tryp. I highly recommend La Laguna for a nice holiday

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 1 December 2011

After spending 8 days of hell at the Tryp Cayo Coco, Westjet offered us the opportunity to transfer my wife and myself to the Laguna for the rest of our vacation. Six days in paradise. What at a difference! We were greeted at the Laguna by Ariel, the Guest Services Manager. He had personally given us a tour earlier in the day and show us about the resort. Although much of the resort was closed for renovations, two of the pools were open, a different restaurant every night, there was a show every night, and the staff were amazing.

Let me tell you now, the staff at this resort are what make people return. There are good resorts in Cayo Coco, but people like Yamil in the buffet, Dulce at the front desk, Ariel in Guest Services, Freddie in the Cigar Lounge, and Inaicel in the a la cartes make this resort. We spoke to people who had been back to this resort many times over the years and they all said the people brought them back. Every where we were, the staff greeted us with a smile and a cheerful hello.

The rooms were spotless, very clean and comfortable. The maid was in the room twice a day, once to clean and then a turn down service in the evening. Our day maid, Maria, greeted us on the first day, told us she would be looking after us and to go and enjoy ourselves. How wonderful!

I could go on and on. Suffice it to say we will be back and be joining those folks who return year after year. We miss our friends already.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple