Myself and two of my friends Just returned on April 26th from a 7 day all-inclusive trip to Hotel La Laguna. None of us had ever been to Cuba before but we could not have asked for a better first experience! Upon arriving at La Laguna we were greeted with a drink right away...I can't think of a better way to start our trip. We noticed lots of people hanging out around the lobby listening to live music and as we made our way to our room we couldn't help to stop and stare in amazement at the entertainment taking place on stage. Later realizing that the live entertainment at night was an everyday occurrence and managed to amaze us each and every time. Our room was great very clean and spacious and was in a great location and had an amazing view overlooking the pool and the ocean in the distance.
The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful! The facilities were always quite clean.
We quite enjoyed how everywhere you went on the resort there was always music playing even at the beach!
My friends and I are all quite athletic and were very thankful to discover the gym at this resort. The gym was equipped with very new well conditioned equipment and the staff at the gym were very helpful! The one worker..can't remember his name but he would offer us water during our workouts and played music which appealed to us! We could tell he was very passionate about his job.
This resort offered a very wide range of activities including- tennis, badminton, volleyball (water and beach), water polo, hockey, soccer...etc. Around the pool area the staff offered numerous activities throughout the day...we waited until the last few days to really get involved..which we regret because we had a great time when we participated. We did water aerobics which was a great workout but very fun at the same time (the instructor was very funny and energetic), we learned some dances, and played water volleyball.
Night time entertainment
This resort offers a variety of entertainment including;
- kids show (very entertaining)
- dance performance (eg. tropical dance, Chicago, romance)..the dance crew was amazing! They were so energetic and always getting the crowd involved..we got pulled up on stage multiple times and had a blast!
- disco (great idea...however never very busy..not very many younger people at this resort when we were there)
Amazing! Beautiful bright blue ocean, very clean, shallow for a long time...could walk out really far without worrying about it getting too deep. Plenty of lounge chairs and shelter. Tide was amazing how high it was in the morning and far out in the afternoon! Many other resorts which are in walking distance along the beach that you can check out.
Paddle boating- free! Put a deposit down and get to paddle boat for an hour...however we did not have a watch and were gone for 2hrs...had an amazing time and lost track of how long we were gone :) They did not care at all.
Catamaran- this was the only excursion we did, we went on a catamaran called Buddy 9. We left at 9am and returned at 4pm! It was amazing we went snorkeling twice and stopped at a sandbar to look at starfish. They offered chicken and lobster and rice for lunch..we had chicken which was delicious and everyone was raving about the lobster.
Advice- SUNSCREEN!/ Shade! We got soooo burnt!\
We were not very adventurous and played it safe all week..sticking to mainly pasta, pizza, fries, eggs, ice cream, peaches, bananas...etc The food was not amazing but it was still good and as I said we were not willing to try many new things, so maybe we would have enjoyed it more if we did. However, for what we paid we couldn't have asked for any better. The chefs, waiters/waitresses were all very friendly!
A La Carte Meals-
We went to a steak and an international a la carte dinners and both were delicious and located on the lagoon overlooking the water!
Overall, we had an amazing trip and would go back to La Laguna in a heartbeat!
We could not have asked for a better experience for only paying $675 all inclusive for 7days!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 352 Standard Rooms ( 36 of them are Superior Rooms). 1 buffet (divided into two sections: Lotus and Los Portales), 2 a la carte restaurants with 3 menus (italian, international and gourmet), a snack bar, a grill, a disco, a cigar lounge, 7 bars. It also have an anfitheatre, a mini club, 3 sweet water swimming pools (main, only adults and only children), 3 tennis courts, a gym, a massage saloon and a nautical sports center. Among other services there are: Conference room, wi fi Internet service, shops, beauty parlor , Money exchange, rent- a- car, tourism desk and medical service 24 hours a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Travelbag, LoveHolidays, Expedia, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your IBEROSTAR Mojito reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Krystal Laguna Resort
- Nh Krystal Laguna Hotel
- Krystal Laguna Cuba
- Nh Krystal Laguna Cayo Coco
- Nh Krystal Laguna Villas Resort
- Nh Krystal Cuba
- Krystal Laguna Cayo Coco
- Nh Krystal Laguna Cuba
- Krystal Cayo Coco