“BEST TRIP EVER RETURNING IN 6 MONTHS”
Review of Iberostar Mojito

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I just want to start out by saying that everyone should not bother reading babygirlcanada review NO WHERE DOES THIS RESORT SAY BEACH FRONT I will start by saying that I arrived the day she left May 25th - June 1st upon arrival I had a strawberry daquiari that they made in a working blender in the lobby bar 2nd of all I suffer from IBS I am also the pickest eater anyone has ever met I loved the food not all of it of course but there is something for everyone even me. There was no salt content but great flavor and if you want salt and pepper its on the table. My husband and I went to buffet everyday breakfast lunch and dinner with the exception of ( 2 a la cartes) not once did we fight any crowd nor did we fight with any workers filling their plates. FOOD IS EXCEPTIONAL.
As for the service EMPLOYEES AT THIS RESORT ARE THE MOST WONDERFUL PEOPLE WE HAVE MET no matter what you needed they would be right there. We had 4 days of rain on our trip and I also broke my toe (drunk lol) our room was 1811 A/C SO COLD HAD IT OFF MOST OF WEEK and very close to everything but when I was ready to go to my room a bellhop would drive us there on his cart...(THANK YOU GEORGE). ALL THE STAFF FROM WAITERS CLEANERS GARDENERS LIFE GUARDS BARTENDERS AND ENTERTAINERS AT THIS RESORT MAKES THIS PLACE THE ONLY ONE TO GO TO. THEY ARE ALL SWEET FUN AND READY TO MAKE YOUR STAY THE BEST YOU'VE EVER HAD.... We had an amazing time and I recommend this resort to everyone..... Plz don't let negative people writing negative reviews discourage you from going here..... only complaint a little slow at check-in other than that SEE YOU ALL AGAIN AT MOJITIO IN NOVEMBER

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Laura D
Santiago_Ortiz, General Manager at Iberostar Mojito, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2013

Dear Guest,

We really thank you for having chosen our resort to spend your holidays and we appreciate that you have taken part of your precious time to write a review about your experience with us.
More and more happy guests as time passes by and that makes us keeping on working hard not to lose the prestige we have won in 6 months that we have been here as Iberostar.

Yes, we have a big advantage and it is our staff, well experienced and very hardworking and warming. They know what it means to be laid off for many months due to the hotel being closed or with low occupation and we are determined to work as hard as possible so that we have satisfied clients and repeat clients all the time to keep the hotel running smoothly.
We know we have a long way to go but we are not afraid. We keep on raising our standards and going up.

Once again, we thank you for your considerations and are looking forward to seeing you sometime in the near future to share and enjoy with the Iberostar Mojito’s team. We will not spare efforts to make your next visit always better than your previous one.

There are newer reviews for Iberostar Mojito

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I went to Cuba with no high expectations, having my brother returning from Cayo Coco starved from Memories Flamenco exactly..i was sceptical , but hearing very good word for any Iberostar all over the world i picked Iberostar Mojito..
Were to start?
Its so close to the airport , fantastic for families with little kids ..
Check in was so fast , no party for us, lol,..
was only us checking in that day, but when they have big groups coming, its really nice , with entertainers and serving very nice welcoming drinks,
The room was very nice , big, full of air , lots of sun light and no smell whatsoever, for 7 days that we stayed the towels were changed every day , the bed sheets 3 times , water everyday in the fridge and some soft drinks..
the swimming pools very nice and clean , bar at the pool and the snack bar as well,
The towel spot was very conveniently located close to the pool,
The beach .....WOW....WOW....WOW....i went to Playa Pillar and it looked the same to me with what we had there at our resort ,...well almost...very clean the only problem was that, was quite a distance walking to the bridge , the hotel is located in a Lagoon..specially for people like me that we had a 2 year old son with a stroller..but hey ...it worked out anyway, with all that amazing food and all those drinks that we had , it kept us in good shape and i still gained 3 lb for the week ,
Food amazing , i'm in the catering busines and i know what i'm talking about ..the meat , the seafood , the fish or the porcheta or the dessert...the breakfast or the lunch? or the so many kind of cheese that they had us eating??
A la Carte restaurants ?? amazing , professional service and very well cooked and great presentation ...
The entertainment...great professionals , to start from ballet dancers , or the band or the singers...every night something different , never boring , the bar at the lobby fantastic with great live singers , and the cigar man rrolling cigars..
great service , great cleaners, great management of the restaurants , great management of the kitchen , the executive chefs were there always checking on things the hole time, it looks that i can't stop writing ...

AVOID the trips...i went to SPECTACULAR esxursion organized from SUNWING...nah..nothing special...waste of time , waste of money , the food there was not really good...everybody asking for money on the trip..

Thank You Management of IBEROSTAR MOJITO, for the great week of fun..
Week of May 22-29 /2013

Room Tip: if you have kids ,try to get a rrom at bulidings 14, 15 or 16 ...i was at 21 kind of far from everyt...
3  Thank etienne2010_12

Dear Guest,

Very happy guests, that is what we are looking for and you were among them. In 6 months that we have been here by now. We have had to change many things. When the hotel closed for about three months we rebuilt the stage for the shows, the buffet restaurant and did some maintenance and painting in the rooms and buildings. We also changed the menus and had our dancers and entertainment staff rehearsing the shows which were going to be played later. We do not like to improvise anything.

We still have a long way to go but we are on the ball and a few more changes will be coming soon. We need to update facilities and diversify the service even more, always looking for our guest’s complete satisfaction.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

My mom and I recently returned from our trip to the Iberostar Mojito in Cayo Coco (May 18th - May 25th)
Overall we had a good, relaxing week.
There were a few things (Pros & Cons) that stood out on our trip, which I would like to share with you all. This review is 100% honest with how everything on our trip went for us.

*The Beach*

The beach area of the Iberostar Mojito is lovely. Many of us travel to Cuba for its beautiful beaches; you will defiantly see a beautiful beach with your stay here. The water is perfect (Turquoise warm, beautiful waters). The tide is very low at times that I found so beautiful because it form all little sand islands in the water.

To get to the beach you need to walk across this very long bridge that goes over a lake/lagoon. It can be a long walk, so be prepared. The lagoon has cabins on them that are under renovation. El Malecon - A La Carte restaurant is also visible on the walk to the beach.
Be aware the lagoon is smelly (rotten waters)
There're 3 bridges that lead to the beach but most people taking the middle one which is the main bridge.

BIG PROBLEM!!!!!!

Hogging of shade/chairs at the beach!!!!
This is a BIG issue at Iberostar Mojito at the moment.
If you like shade, if you enjoy reading a book and relaxing under the SHADE on the beach then maybe think twice about going here. It was VERY hard finding shade some days. People wake up very early or pay the beach guard to save them a beach chair under the shade. It's extremely annoying and disappointing when you walk all the way down to the beach (which is a pretty long walk) and find all the chairs taken under the shade. People guard them with belongings or towels. The funny thing is there is hardly anyone around! Why guard a chair if your not even around! People need to learn how to share! Iberostar Mojito needs to work on a solution for this.
Yes we want Sun when we travel to Cuba, but you can't be in the sun ALL DAY.

*The Staff*

The staff at the resort is all very friendly. People always have a smile on their faces, which is great. The wait staff at the buffet go around serving you drinks at your table and are there if you need anything.

Noe, the restaurant and bar manager (He wears a yellow suit jacket at dinner) is a very nice man! He works really long hours. We always saw him there! From the morning breakfast to dinner! He checked up on us a number of times asking us if everything was going well and had conversations with us. Very down to earth guy. There is also the morning Pancake chef - "Sexy Manolo" as he calls himself who is super sweet. I always saw him smiling and he would greet my mom with a kiss on the hand or a hug. It defiantly put a smile on her face. It's nice when people are extra nice!

People around the resort such as the gardeners and housekeeping staff always said Hola!. It was nice not being ignored.

*The Food & Drinks*

The food at the buffet was good overall. There is defiantly sometime for everyone. I enjoyed the deserts, so yummy! The breakfasts at the resort were my favorite. They make fresh fruit juices in the morning at your request, so good!
There was usually always a line up at the pasta station and grill/meat station.

We went to 1 Al La Carte- El Malecon. It was great. The service was fast and the food was good overall. (Make sure you tip, they expect it! ) There was also a piano player. Again, make sure you tip!

The alcohol drinks were okay. We weren't too crazy about them. The lobby drinks were better in taste and presentation then the ones at the pool or beach the mojitos at the beach and pool weren't that great. Once a tip is given, the drinks quality seems to change hah!

People bring there reusable cups and fill them us with drinks at the bar. You will see a lot of this when you go.

We also noticed that most of the buffet table cloths are dirty and stained. This is because we all share tables and if someone before you stains the table cloth they do really do anything. The napkins, cups and cutlery are changed. It's kinda gross eating over stains..we just tried to ignore it.

*Tips*

Tips are accepted like at most places but my mom and I felt as if they were required here. You defiantly notice a difference in serve and quality when you tip. We found ourself tipping at the bar and buffet the most. It's kind of a bummer when 1) You are paying for an all inclusive and 2) When you convert your CAD $ you get less then you give. Example. CAD$40 = CUC$35

*The Room*

The first room we received was not good.(I believe it was block 12 or 13) It smelt REALLY badly of mold. It also felt like it hadn't been open in a long time. It was outdated. We requested a new room and got a new one in Block 20. The new room we got was much better. Although it didn't have a balcony it was much more updated. Block 20 is near some generation but it didn't disturb us. The air-conditioning worked much better and the overall appearance was better. The sheets were clean but the bed covers were faded and stained yellow (I don't think they have every been washed). The bathroom was good overall and we had no problem with hot water (sometimes WAY TO HOT) we did although have a problem with the cold/warm water pressure. Maybe it was that many people were showing on the same floor at the same time? No sure. Overall we dealt with it. It wasn't a big deal. We had difficulty flushing the toilet at time. Not strong enough water pressure.
TV worked well. We had many channels, which we were surprised about. It's always nice to watch TV before bed or when it's raining really badly out.

- Beware some paths/walk ways to the rooms need some work. Stones/bricks are raised.

*Entertainment *

The night shows were everyday from 9:30-10:30 pretty much. The dancers were great! They all know how to dance so well!
Dancing is mostly what the night show consists of. Each night there is a different theme and the dancers create a show based on that.

One night by the entertainment area the leg of my chair almost fell into a hole that was there. It was extremely dangerous. Some maintenance work is defiantly need around there

Be aware that if you go here you will encounter MANY French Canadians.:/

Keep in mind that this resort is under renovation. When we went for a walk around the resort one day we notice parts that are closed down. We didn't really see anyone working on them just abandoned part.
At the moment it is a 4 star but we felt it was a 3..3.5 Star hotel.

Overall relaxing week but we will try something else next time.

8  Thank DEZ505
Santiago_Ortiz, General Manager at Iberostar Mojito, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Well, we see your holidays had some ups and downs but as for your words you felt they were rather relaxing. It is true we need to keep on improving many services and facilities and we are on the way. We started here not long ago and little by little we are getting to where we want to.

At this very moment all bed covers and curtains have been changed in all rooms for new ones. We are building more shade by the beach. We have it posted that it is not allowed to book chairs, still some people do it and this is annoying for other guests of course since they do not show up for a long time and the chairs remain empty. At the buffet the waiters know that if a table cloth is stained they have to change it. Sometimes due to the burden of work they do not realize of this important detail.

Thank you for your kind words about the staff. We will keep on working on improvements because our guests deserve a nice vacation time.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

My family and a group of friends just came back from Iberostar Mojito and we had the best time ever, The best food in Cuba, I didn't go to the specialize restaurants because the buffet was really good, we even had lobster in the buffet in the grill, the fruits are so good and the desserts very tasty. The hotel is very clean and well taking care off, everybody is so nice a great attention and customer service, everybody is so nice in reception, the waiters and waitresses, the gardeners , the camareras, the directives, specially I like Noe the A+B, he works very hard and is very nice and professional, the shows are very good , all the entertainment team are good specially Dayana, she is great at her job, I love this place , I love you guys very much , I'll be back soon.

4  Thank alionuska o

Dear Guest,

As I said to the previous reviewer to this one, you know where to find us. Become part of the Star Friends, we have many repeat guests visiting us all year round and we are working very hard to make your experience the best ever. Our staff will be very pleased to see you back and will do their very best to help you make your dreams come true.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

stayed here from the 18 of may to juin 1 with my wife and a crazy friend jajaja. hotel was clean and staff very friendly and professional.food was really good in all the restaurents and the buffett.beach was great,pools were clean,in general great resort for the money and we will go back. we had a great time thanks to all at the iberostar mojito, keep up the great work.Santiago and his staff totally improved this resort from its past history. see you soon.

Room Tip: not all rooms are renovated yet but there getting there,our room was not renovated but everything wa...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank frankMontreal

Dear Guest,

Well, you know where to find us. We have many repeat guests, some have been coming since the hotel open in 2001 and they see that we are bringing back the glamour from the ex “El Senador” We have a great stability in the staff, so when you come again you will recognize many faces and they will recognize you as well.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

This is my honest opinion about the resort. We stayed there for 2 weeks from May 2 to May 16. Let's start with the beach, this is the most beautiful beach i have ever seen in my life and i travel alot. The beach has white sand, turqoise water and beautiful tropical fish. We fed them bananas and they were going crazy, not far away from the shore. To reserve your spot under the sheds go early in the morning. Do not go later then 7:30. It will be packed and you will have to be on the sun which is extremely hot. Make sure to bring alot of sun screen 50+, and mosquito spray. At night their is so many you can't stay outside (ecspecially in the Laguna) without putting on mosquito repellent. Do not worry i have been in Muskoka and it is worse there.

Food: Very good and tasty with alot of variety. We stayed for 2 weeks and there was no bacon but it was not a big deal because the other variety of food replaces bacon. Plenty of fruits, salads , excellent desserts with two stations in the buffet. The lunch was tasty and you always had diffrent types of fish on the grill which and 3 kinds of meat. Pasta was good and breads were phenomenal and freshly baked multiple times a day. I found the fish station and desserts to be the best. The cheese was excellent aswell and had a good variety with dried figs and apricot. The A La Cartes were very good we tried the International and the Gourmet. In the International the best meal was the Red Snapper in beer sauce. The goumet we asked for beef but since they were out they offered lobster tail free of charge. A very nice gesture from the Iberostar management. All the waiters in the buffet and A La Cartes were very professional and very friendly.

Rooms: Rooms are basic, large and very clean. We stayed in building 19 room 1910 and 1911. This was the prime location it was close to everything. Room service was nice and friendly. We had water and beer in the mini-fridge. As well as a safe free of charge.

Entertainment: We found all of the shows and dancers very entertaining ecspecially the Chicago musical and the Magic show. Every night there was entertainment in the lobby.

Pools: We were only in the quiet pool a couple of times because we are beach people. The pools are clean and nice with swim up bars.

Drinks: A large variety of drinks and cocktails. We had our cappuccinos at the lobby because the coffee in the buffet was not good.

Value: For the price that we paid we had an excellent time and the people that are complaining about small things should not be going to all inclusive resorts because nothing is perfect, ecspecially in Cuba at a four star resort.

Special hello to Elvis, Liz, Ali, Andy and the rest of the staff that makes Iberostar mojito and our vacation amazing.

Remeber something Ibersotar management took over just six months ago and they are trying their best to make this resort even better every day.

We will be back in Cayo Coco for sure ecspecially because of the beach.

Please tip all the staff because they are traveling over an hour at least to go to work everyday for a very small pay with a smile on their face and try there best to make our vacation memorable.

7  Thank ThePokerMaster

Dear Guest,

Nice review this one you wrote like many others and this is very gratifying for us. We keep on doing our job the best way possible and we are in a process of updating rooms and facilities and also accommodating service to our standards. We have a long way to go but we are in the right direction.

We have very nice natural conditions and buildings. We have a very professional staff and the only thing we need is to work hard and with the mind put in our client’s needs and that is exactly what we are doing and this way we are going to succeed.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Here is my honest opinion of my vacation and the Iberostar.

I'll start with the food. The A La Carte dinners were the best I've had at an All Inclusive resort. They were better than any other Cuban vacation I've been on and better than what I've had in Mexico or the Dominican. The $20 Lobster dinner was tried at both the restaurants and got the thumbs up by all that ordered it. The buffet restaurants were standard for Cuba or Dominican and if you want to complain I'm sure you can find something to complain about but there was plenty to eat for everyone. Our group had people from 7-55 (or so) and everyone was content when we were at the buffet for any of our meals. The snack bar was also very good and the menu selection was above average. Overall the food was very good and anyone complaining should not go to all inclusive resorts.

Beach - Soft white sand, shallow waters to walk out into, crystal blue water...... The beach is awesome and great for kids. You can walk to the left for-ever. There is shade, not enough for everyone but I've never been to a resort where there is. If you want shade get off your butt and go a little early and reserve a spot. I also found that people were more than willing to share if you asked. The walk is no further than I've had at other resorts it just happens to be over a lagoon.

Pool - the pool was nice, I've seen better but it's a pool with a swim up bar and a snack bar right there. The adult pool was small but quiet and nice. People with kids, keep them out of the adult pool so that adult who don't want loud kids around can enjoy their vacation too. We are beach people so I don't have a lot to say about the pool other than it was fine and dandy.

Kids Club - We found the kids club lady, sorry I forgot her name, to be the most genuine person at a kids club ever. She was great with the kids and took them all around the resort, pool, beach..... The kids seemed to really like her and she was really nice. Don't forget to tip her and/or get her a nice gift, she deserves it. There is no way I could of put up with some of those kids and kept smiling. Some needed a smack, just saying.

Bars - All the bars were good. The lobby bar was the best and offered the most/best drinks. The one thing that we were a little disappointed with was that the slushie machines were not operating. I don't know why and it wasn't a big deal but my daughter was really looking forward to her holiday slushies. Don't worry, she substituted Pina-Coladas. (No Ron) :-) The cigar bar was super relaxing and a great time. Be sure to check it out at night after dinner. The disco was big but empty. If you got the right crowd it could be really good.

The Shows - Normal shows. We went to a few of them and they were good. If you've been before you know what I mean. They do a good job with what they have. There is a kids club dance/contest/fun time before the adult show and the kids seem to really enjoy it.

Staff - Most of the staff were great. There are always some that have their hand out a little too much but in general the staff were great. Freddy is in the lobby bar now instead of the Cigar Bar but is still really good to talk to.

Cigars - There was a man rolling cigars in the lobby at night and the cigars are very respectable at a very reasonable price. Talk to him and smoke one. I found them very comparable to Romeo and Juliet's.

All in all the resort was great. People who have a problem with the resort must have issues everywhere. It's Cuba, not Canada. Go enjoy yourself and don't fret the little stuff and you'll have a great time.

Cheers

Room Tip: We stayed in the 2300 block. It was close to everything and quiet all at the same time. I would hi...
7  Thank bonky48

Dear Guest,

You have given a wide description of all the services of the hotel and we are pleased to hear you were very satisfied with your holidays. Our staffs are well experienced and that combined with the natural warmth of the Cuban people put us in a privileged condition.

We know that food has always been a big issue here in Cuba and that is why we have focused on improving it come what may. We have brought expert chef from overseas and we have created a very varied menu which is very tasty as well. All this despite we may lack a certain food item sometimes due to our suppliers do not have it and have to be imported.
Yes, this is a family resort and there are spaces for everybody, children and adults and in separate areas as well so that no one interferes in someone else vacations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayo Coco
#1 of 12 in Cayo Coco
Pullman Cayo Coco
Pullman Cayo Coco
#2 of 12 in Cayo Coco

Been to Iberostar Mojito? Share your experiences!