“A Magnificent Resort Vacation 9 to 16 June 2012”
Review of TRYP Cayo Coco

TRYP Cayo Coco
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The TRYP Sets a High Bench Mark for all resorts at Cayo Coco

First of all the staff at this resort will welcome and get you settled into having the vacation you came for. The TRYP has it all from activities to a more relaxing and quiet one. The location of this resort is really one of a kind. I love the beach and spent most of the time in the ocean or on the beach enjoying this great beach resort. The staff at this resort are the best.

Activities range from day outings to local towns and places which may be of interest to you. Well worth checking the Rep desk for more details. The resort has a number staff keeping the ball rolling from morning to night with events for all ages. After the evening stage show there is the Disco till 2 AM. Just of interest, there is now music and exercises out on the beach for periods of the morning. (Do remember to bring bug spray, such as off.)

This beach is a Peril. Right now it has allot to do with the time of year, summer weather, great ocean temperatures and long day light hours. I had been to this beach in April, but I feel it was more beautiful on this visit.

Pathways all seem to lead to the Lobby area. Every path has short cuts to where you’re walking, the paths are easy to follow and well cared for. The Lobby area is the hub of activities and the pool area is directly centred to this area. This is a very busy area throughout the day with activities and entertainment music. On the main floor are all the administration desks, and the Lobby Bar. There is two sets of stairs take you to the lower level and pool area. The view from the Lobby bar is well worth a look from that view point.

The cleanliness at this resort is very good, all areas (washrooms and sitting area) at the Lobby and walkways where clean and maintained. Our room was kept well enough considering the fixtures are looking tied and dated. The maintenance is kept up at the resort. Our air conditioner in the room was dripping water the one day and a worker was to our room shortly after our call and corrected the situation. I did also see maintenance busy through our stay doing various tasks around the resort.

The food was excellent, with variety at the buffet each meal, a great assortment of items, including food items made to order by very good chiefs. Food is such a personal choice, but even so you will not go hunger or thirsty unless by choice. We eat all of our meals at the main buffet restaurant, the service was top notch, and the dining area was air conditioned at all times.

We had a great crowd of people staying during our visit. My sides ached with laughter and my cheeks were in a state of a constant smile, most of which I contribute to the enthusiasm rolling through the crow staying at this resort. I am now counting the days down to my return to the TRYP. Save a spot for me………..on the beach. :o)

12  Thank AlbertaBucanero

Dear guest,

it is excellent to know you had a magnificent holiday with your family here. That is for what we always are working . Your comments encourage us to keep working hard for the satisfaction of our guests. It is very nice to know that you are counting the day for your return already. Sure we will save a spot for your next holiday. Thank you for your review. See you then.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Returned from tryp cayo coco on 15th June,had a fantastic two week holiday. The staff were very polite and friendly,whatever we wanted we got with a smile. The entertainment was very good, had sing on the karaoke (I sang he ain't heavy he's my brother) we met 4 very nice Canadians from Toronto ( Felix you are a star). The beach was wonderful and relaxing. The rooms were comfy, the pool was very inviting because it was very hot. The food was fantastic, a different menu every night, the waitresses in the buffet restaurant were brilliant (they saved our table every morning and every lunchtime with a glass of iced orange juice on the table) all in all it was a great holiday and would recommend it to anyone and we wil be visiting again within the next couple of years. Any questions you can contact me on groke@mail.com

Room Tip: We stayed in block 1 which was away from the pool but had a partial sea view. I would recommend this...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank karaokegrokey

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments in this site. We are sincerely glad knowing that you enjoyed your stay in our resort, thank you for your recommendation and hope to meet you here on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

THe only negative thing I can say about the resort is that the bathroom is outdated. Everything else was good! The food was great, the people are super accomodating. The rooms look like every other resort be it 4* 5* etc. It's bright with two queen beds. The TV was great had lots of movies available for us to watch. The beach was smaller than those i've been to but it was clean and the water was nice adn warm. There were a lot of waves in the ocean so becareful. The enertainment staff are amazing. The evenign shows are fantastic and has a las vegas feel to it. The entertainment staff were amazing and very professional! A must see is Pillar Beach! 5 CUC to get there and back...and 2CUC for a beach chair. This is THE MOST beautiful beach i've ever seen in my whole life! Definitely worth teh 1/2 bus ride.
If you have any questions or concerns, dont hesitate to ask, Please email me for a tip i got fomr another TripAdvisor traveller. Just wanting to pay it forward. We had an extra special stay due to this information we got from another traveller.

Thank you Katiuska and Julier for being such wonderful friends to us during our stay. We really really enjoyed it there.

Room Tip: we were block 10..close to the beach and close enough to the buffet. quiet block and very close to t...
5  Thank Ahbryl

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. It is very nice to know that you had a pleasant stay in our resort and that you also enjoyed the other places that our guests are able to visit from the resort. Actually there are a lot of activities and facilities to enjoy here. Hope to meet you here again.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

In March we visited the Tryp Hotel for a week. We had an amazing time!
The food and the drinks were good and the stuff very nice, especially the entertainment team which energised our nights and offerd us a lot of funny activities during the days.
The beach is wonderful and the water clear. We,ve made some snorkeling near a little coral reef.
The entire island is a Paradise. You can go all the way to Cayo Guillermo to visit the Pilar Beach or just wander along the beach.
Every day was special!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank AlexVMR

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. It is nice for us your evaluation as an excellent place for a family trip but we are sure that for every kind of guests that like to have a quiet and safe but funny atmosphere. We sincerely hope that you can visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Opps My last one got deleted so here I go again.
Opps My last review got deleted so here I go again.
My buddy and I went to celebrate our 50th birthdays. It was my 11th time to the Tryp and my friends 1st time to Cuba.
I won’t rehash all the positive features, because there are too many, seriously everything about this resort is first rate. The people that work here are by far the best group of staff I have encountered anywhere, I don’t just come here either, I’m talking DR, Mexico, St Martin, Jamaica ++++.
One of the main reasons I come here is the staff, some of them are like family now.
Anybody that comes here and says they didn’t have fun better take a look in the mirror because these people will go out of their way for you. If you have a problem, ask NICE and they will fix it. If you are rude or whinny then you get what you deserve.
The food was great once again, the music was excellent as was the entertinment.
We met so many great people from Canada, England, Australia and South America I wish we could all stay in touch (one person in particular..) lol
Thanks to Gelly, Santiago, Edwardo, Ricardo and more .
I will be back in 2 months to make a lot more new friends.
Cheers
Kent

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank kentab

Dear Guest,

We are very glad knowing that such as special occasion for you was great. 50ths are very special and as a regular guest is even more important. Thank you for your loyalty and for chosen us again for this time. Hope to see you here again very soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

TRYP Cayo Coco: June 09th to 16th 2012

Air Canada Vacations had really good promotions from Calgary to Cayo Coco. Our Adult Son decided to join us for his very first trip to Cuba, so we choose the TRYP because we knew it was lively, high energy and offered allot of activities that would be attractive to a younger crowd. We were very pleased that the TRYP caters to people of all ages and also has quieter areas for those who want to relax and rejuvenate.

I emailed the TRYP with a few requests and was impressed that Madelin Lopez Almanza responded the same day and took the time to answer my questions. I was also impressed a few days later when Richardo Gomez Carro followed with another email telling me which rooms we were assigned, with instructions to go to Customer Service to check in, instead of the Reception desk; Ricardo also booked all of our al-la-carte dining and arranged for a late check-out. Needless to say our check in was a breeze; we really appreciated Jorge at Customer Service looking after our luggage, so we could get something to eat at the buffet, before it closed.

During our stay the hotel was at 80% capacity and catered to their Guests in high season mode, this was such a bonus for us, the Staff and Service was just excellent. We met allot of people from Canada, Cuba, Italy, Britain, and Argentina. It was a great blend and so much fun, especially at the upper Lobby bar and Disco. We were happy to see the Italians because we have observed over the years that when they are at a hotel the food is very good; the food was indeed excellent with a multitude of items to choose from, so much so that we gave up our a-la-carte reservations and ate at the Buffet for Breakfast, Lunch and Supper.

Our rooms were side by side in block 2, on the second level. Entry to the room is by key card, the room has a free safe (lock and key), TV and mini fridge. Both rooms were on the tired side however, the beds (two double’s pushed together) and pillows were comfortable and had the most beautiful view of the Ocean. This area of the hotel is very peaceful and quiet which we wanted and the biggest bonus was the short walk to the most amazing beach (White sand and Turquoise Ocean). It was such a pleasure to walk down the steps of our hotel block each morning to be greeted by Chickens and their babies and to see the Flamingo’s, Doves and the odd Crane. I was a bit concerned with the hotel being large and spread out however, walking from our room to the Buffet and main Lobby was enchanting; we really enjoyed feeding several clutches of hens and chicks (they really love corn and peas) being greeted by the friendly gardeners who not only did a wonderful job on the grounds but who also gave us fresh Coconuts, flowers and crafts made out of leaves. Continuing on the pathway over the lagoon, near the BBQ & Grill and Vendor Craft area there are Ducks and Peacocks. The cry of the Peacocks is so haunting, several times we had the pleasure of seeing one of the Peacocks fan out and dance when the Ducks came into his territory to steal food.

The Staff at the TRYP are warm, very friendly, and very accommodating; many of them went the extra mile for us, Thank-you Leonardo, Joaquin and Fidel for your great service at Breakfast and Lunch you really made our day.

The TRYP has so much to offer the entire Family; they even had Candy floss and Churros machines in the lower lobby area. We preferred the upper Lobby bar that has a stunning view of the Pools and Ocean, all the Staff at the upper Lobby bar are the best bartending team who provided excellent service and are quite entertaining; I am afraid to name them just in case I leave anyone out. The lower lobby bar is more of a sports bar with a TV, not our cup of tea on a holiday.

We observed the Manager Alberto Jerez Ruiz-Larrea inspecting the beach, the Buffet and walking around the hotel grounds, despite how busy Alberto is, he does take the time to chat.

The beach is just stunning and for the most part groomed, there is a local vendor who walks the beach every day calling out “Co-Co”, he sells frozen Coconuts that he cuts open and fills with Rum and Juices, the cost is 3 peso’s, our Son really loved this treat. There were no other Vendors on the beach or, locals asking for handouts, so it was nice and peaceful. One morning while setting up on the beach for the day, I had the biggest pleasure of seeing Dolphins swimming in the Ocean, between that magical moment and enjoying watching Seagulls, Pelicans, Fish etc., it hit me that I was in a tropical paradise.

At the hotel you can get your hair cut/styled, nails done and a massage.

Taxi cab to the airport costs 15 pesos if you don’t want to take the bus.

The hotel does a great job fogging for mosquitos however, I would strongly advise bringing mosquito spray or, cream. Ironically the only time we got badly bitten was when we arrived at the airport, next time we are going to put on Watkins insect cream before we leave the plane.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, Happy Holidays.

Room Tip: Block 2 is very quiet and very close to the Ocean and Flamingo pond and Pizza Hut
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
18  Thank Sweetmystery0

Dear Guest,

We sincerely consider your review very useful and completed. It is very nice to know that you had a great time in our Hotel and that you liked all the facilities and services. Thank you for your dedication to write your comments and hope to meet you here again.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

The beach was the best we have been to in Cuba. Clear sandy bottom as far out as I could swim.

The food was also the best we have had in Cuba. Lots of choices. Something for everyone.

Our room was top floor of block 8. A bit dated but large and very clean. Air conditioning worked well and lots of hot water. A large bottle of water put in the room everyday. A coffee pot, wash cloth, house coat and slippers were provided in the room. I would definitly stay in this block again.

The grounds are beautiful and well kept. The first time in Cuba we found a hot tub that was really a hot tub.

We saw the manager everywhere from the lobby to the buffet. He was visible all the time and was very approachable.

Most of our drinks were from the lobby bar, Brandy Alexanders and Banana Shakes.

The bathrooms at this resort were immaculate with fresh flowers everyday. My husband said the mens were also the same.

We were allowed day trips to the Sol Cayo Guillmaro and the Sol Cayo Coco. The Tryp gave us bracelets and we were allowed to visit the resorts, swim and have lunch at these resorts. They were both nice but we would choose the Tryp over both.

We will return to this resort next year. Yes there were mosquitos! We brought a very cheap no name brand fly spray from Wal Mart and bug patches from Canadian Tire and my husband got bitten once at the airport and I never got bitten at all. I also brought small canned cintronella from the dollar store but never had to use it.

Room Tip: Block 8 is close to everything but quiet enough to sleep if you did not attend the night shows. Be...
8  Thank Kittyminky

Dear Guest,

We are very satisfied to know that you enjoyed your holidays here and that you are planing to return next year. We will continue working for improvements in our facilities. Unfortunately this time of the years we have had rains and mosquitos but we do our best to keep them under control in the Hotel areas. Hope to see you again here. Thank you for your time.