We really enjoyed this property. The beach is spectacular, the water like a spa bath, the service is excellent and the food was good. There was always fresh fruits and veggies, great pizza, pasta, egg and French toast stations. Some of the ala carte meals were sub par, but they tried their best to give you a good experience. It was nice to have no begging. Our room was great (block 8, ocean view), clean, comfortable and just in need of a few cosmetic touch ups.
Unfortunately, after we checked out and were sitting on the bus to depart, one of the front desk personnel came running onto the bus shouting our name. We were sitting in the very front seats and identifies ourselves. She waved a paper stating that we owed 4 Cuban pesos for a call from our room to customer service (on site). We were surprised we would be charged for an on resort call, that we were treated like we were trying to get a way without paying and that this occurred one hour and ten minutes after we had checked out and had been sitting in the lobby waiting for the bus. I told the lady that I wasn't sure I had any pesos as we got rid of them as you can't leave the country with the currency. She then rudely asked "well, don't you have Canadian money"? with her hand held out. We paid her with our Canadian funds and she left without saying a word. It was embarrassing.
We were really disappointed that our great vacation ended on this sour note and we left feeling let down. I get that she was probably going to be held responsible for not collecting these funds, but a little courtesy and respectful behaviour goes along way.
This occurred on Saturday, June 28 at 12 noon (if a manager would like to follow up)
We will return.
Marion and Bob Haughton, Ontario, Canada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star All-Inclusive Tryp Cayo Coco hotel (508 rooms) offers select gastronomic service and an exciting day and night recreation program. The property is located in one of the pristine keys off the coast of the central region of Cuba.Built over a natural lagoon, facing and wide stretch of sugar-white beach. Ideal for families, diving lovers, fishing and nautical activities.Guest Rooms508 rooms: 343 Standard, 57 Standard Ocean View, 102 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 SuiteDining9 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet, Barbeque, Gourmet), 3 Bars ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Melia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your TRYP Cayo Coco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Cayo Coco
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Ciego De Avila
- Tryp Cayo Coco Cuba
- Cayo Coco Tryp
- Trip Cayo Coco