My husband, daughter (age 5) and I have just returned from the Tryp after 2 weeks all inclusive and had a wonderful time. This was our first visit to Cuba so we didn't know what to expect, although we had read reviews on here.
The transfer is about 10-15 minutes which is great, check in at the hotel was quick. We were initially disappointed with the room as it was a lower standard than where we have stayed previously but the bedding was clean and so was the bathroom. The brown tiles give the room a dingy look but they were clean. The maids make the rooms up daily and change towels when left in the bath, our maid made swans etc with the clean towels which we loved. Hairdryers and irons are provided.
We upgraded our room to a beach view which was lovely to sit on the balcony in the morning and watch the sea. We had a bottle of rum, champagne and beer as part of the deal and half an hour free internet.There was also a plate of fresh fruit.
The beach is white soft sand and the sea warm and clear. The tide is up most days so the sand is damp but this isn't really a problem unless you have children who like to dig in the sand all day. We saw pelicans diving for fish just meters away which was amazing! We also saw humming birds.
The entertainment staff are BRILLIANT!! They were energetic and friendly. There is always something happening to be involved in if you want to. At 4pm they do fun games in the pool which attracts the 'young uns!' and can be noisy but fun to watch..the pool is big enough to be away from the action if you want. The evening entertainment is different every night and entertaining. There is a lovely small beach bar but sometimes the music is a bit loud!
Many guests take their own large plastic cups which the bar staff are happy to fill for you.
The reps for Thomas Cook are very helpful but they tend to try and sell the excursions rather than let you sort out your own travel. We used the bus from the hotel to another beach (pilar) and got a taxi back quite safely. The Tryp advertises 7 restaurants which you have to book into and they are good..we especially liked the Oriental and italian. You can also visit the Tryps sister hotels which are worth visiting.
We were bothered a little bit by mosquitoes so be sure to pack some repellent although it seems to make little difference!!
We took things like loom bands, toothpaste and brushes, soap etc for the workers who appreciated them. The Tryp complex and other hotels stand alone so there is nothing really nearby to walk to.
We were impressed that the manager comes to say thank you at the welcome meeting and also the staff wave you off as you leave which is a lovely touch.
Our holiday was relaxing and we got a great tan..looking to book again already!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star All-Inclusive Tryp Cayo Coco hotel (508 rooms) offers select gastronomic service and an exciting day and night recreation program. The property is located in one of the pristine keys off the coast of the central region of Cuba.Built over a natural lagoon, facing and wide stretch of sugar-white beach. Ideal for families, diving lovers, fishing and nautical activities.Guest Rooms508 rooms: 343 Standard, 57 Standard Ocean View, 102 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 SuiteDining9 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet, Barbeque, Gourmet), 3 Bars ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Melia, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp and Cancelon so you can book your TRYP Cayo Coco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Cayo Coco
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Ciego De Avila
- Tryp Cayo Coco Cuba
- Cayo Coco Tryp
- Trip Cayo Coco