My husband and i have returned from a 2 weeks stay at The Tryp Cayo Coco. We flew with Thomas Cook Airlines and what a wonderful exprience that was. We had loads of leg room and TV Screens in the headrests of our seats, with a good choice of films to watch too, which made the flight go quicker. Upon landing in Cayo Coco we had to queue to get our Visa stamped, then collected our cases. It was a short journey to the Hotel and we then checked in.
The room was lovely, we had an excellent maid called Aida who treated us like family. She always came in every day.
The service we recieved was good most of the time, but we found it only improved if we tipped first. We feel that we should tip for good service, not tip first then recieve the good service.
Cleanliness. The Hotel grounds were always kept clean and tidy and the Gardeners were always out there bright and early mowing lawns, pruning etc, a very friendly bunch of guys. The reception area was always spotless as too were the public toilets. The only downside was the bar area and the pool area were plastic cups and plates had been left they were always left laying around.
The worst thing about the place has to be the terrible smell around the downstairs bar and buffet resturant. It comes fron the river that runs through the Hotel which is full of green stagnant water, which i think they have tryed to make into a water feature from as it has a little concrete Dolphin in it.
Dining. The food was nice, but only luke warm so we had a word with our rep and it did improve for a day or 2 then went back to being luke warm again. The service of the waitress's could have been better, as several times i had to clear our table before we could sit at it and collect our own knifes and folks. The staff seemed to only take an interest in the people who flashed their cash at the tables. As i said before we like to tip when we have recieved good service!!!
The Grill Bar. Ok for snacks in the day time, in the evening they turned it into a Chinese Resturant and an Italian Resturant...FANTASTIC.
Outdoor BBQ. Well worth a visit, a FANTASTIC MEAL.
Pizza Place. Great Pizzas and in the evening they changed it into a Seafood Resturant.
Entertainment. Ok for kids....apart from that i think i will pass on my comments!!!
Overall not too bad but we would not return to this Hotel. I think we have been spolit with the Riu Hotels in The Dominican Republic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star All-Inclusive Tryp Cayo Coco hotel (508 rooms) offers select gastronomic service and an exciting day and night recreation program. The property is located in one of the pristine keys off the coast of the central region of Cuba.Built over a natural lagoon, facing and wide stretch of sugar-white beach. Ideal for families, diving lovers, fishing and nautical activities.Guest Rooms508 rooms: 343 Standard, 57 Standard Ocean View, 102 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 SuiteDining9 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet, Barbeque, Gourmet), 3 Bars ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Booking.com and TravelUp so you can book your TRYP Cayo Coco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Cayo Coco
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Ciego De Avila
- Tryp Cayo Coco Cuba
- Cayo Coco Tryp
- Trip Cayo Coco