I went there with my sister for 2 weeks (we had a very great deal: 1150$CAN for 2 weeks tx incl.) and we had a good time ! Me meet a lot of young people (form Quebec especially!).
Good things: - beach!!!!! (amazing) with a lot of chairs
- A la carte restaurant (many choices: the pizza resto at the beach is so good, the a la carte grill resto too)
- party ambiance (if you are in this mood!)
- activities (there's a lot, but don't try to understand the schedule: it's change every day)
- friendly staff (especially for activities)
- room quality (it's old and need a refresh....some people report that they found cockroach...but not me)
- bugs !
- the bad smell near the "swomp"
- the main buffet is not that good (exept fot breakfast, it's ok)
- too much drunk people sometimes :-) (the average age was 18-25 at the end of May)
- 3 days of shower (Cuban said that it might happen at this time of year)...for we stay 2 weeks fortunatly!)
Cayo Coco is the perfect place to relax. No city, just the beach. I you want to see someting else, you have to take excursion or taxi. The neereast city is Moron (about 35-40 minutes) but there's nothing special there. Just few "souvenirs" shop and a poor place with old building.
On the island of Cayo Coco, there's a disco in a bat cave. A must to see! .
Be carefull of cute G.O. They like to cruise pretty ladies and one on them propose me a "incredebile night"...i just refuse et he was ok!
But overall , for the price, it was a very great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star All-Inclusive Tryp Cayo Coco hotel (508 rooms) offers select gastronomic service and an exciting day and night recreation program. The property is located in one of the pristine keys off the coast of the central region of Cuba.Built over a natural lagoon, facing and wide stretch of sugar-white beach. Ideal for families, diving lovers, fishing and nautical activities.Guest Rooms508 rooms: 343 Standard, 57 Standard Ocean View, 102 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 SuiteDining9 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet, Barbeque, Gourmet), 3 Bars ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your TRYP Cayo Coco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Cayo Coco
- Tryp Cayo Coco Hotel Ciego De Avila
- Tryp Cayo Coco Cuba
- Cayo Coco Tryp
- Trip Cayo Coco