“Excellent staff”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Toronto
“Excellent staff”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a week.
Pros:
Pink building "los cocos" had amazing view of the beach. Very quiet - perfect for relaxation.
Staff were super friendly and always willing to help you. They really made you feel like family.
Beach was beautiful. There are areas on the beach that are completely desolate. Makes for a great romantic walk.
Weather was fantastic. Hot every day.
Good nightly entertainment
Cons:
Don't expect too much from the food. Beer garden will save you from starvation.
Would not recommend eating from the buffet. Saw what appeared to be cockroaches running around the food tables.
Lots of mosquitoes. Bring repellant.
Unless you book an excursion through your rep or pay the 5 pesos bus fare to the market, there is nothing to do or see outside the resort.

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank JXKI
Hiram V, General Manager at Hotel Playa Coco, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Dear JXKI,
Thank you so much for all the words of sympathy towards the staff that works at Playa Coco hotel, you have been very kind and I feel that so honest too! I really appreciate all the comments you have written on Tripadvisor because I think you have been very honest, though I disagree with some of the facts that you mentioned there. Anyways I appreciate that you have taken your personal time to write and I ould love to have you here again in the future.
Regards,
Playa Coco Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great beach.Great people.Very clean resort.That's it!!!Poor rooms,and I mean POOR!!!Bad bedding,stained blankets, bad pillows,bad beds,non existent AC.The room and the bedding were damp.Very poor selection at all meals.Same thing all the time and MAYBE some things being recycled from the meal(s) before.We will not be back,and that's a shame because the people were so nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Paul B
Dear Paul B,
Thank you very much for letting the world know about your experiences while vacationing at Playa Coco Hotel, though I disagree with some of the issues that you have mentioned, but the worst of all is the fact that you are not coming back in the future because otherwise we would have the opportunity to change your mind in some of the issues you have related here.
Regards,
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The hotel is amazing, the staff are great, very friendly and attentive. We had a great time from beginning to end, we stayed in the pink building on the 3rd floor, beach view was fabulous. All the ammentities are close, buffet, al la carte, pool. Food was good. The beer garden was the BEST, great bartender Ellier and awesome fish n chips, a definite must even in the middle of the night.....I would definitely recommend this hotel, it was a little slow when we were there but it made things that much better. Entertainment staff is really cool, and the shows are great, a smaller theatre and very intimate, Karl is the main man. We enjoyed a great dinner poolside with an amazing aquatic show, just amazing honestly. A great place for a relaxing, fun vacation. I would highly recommend this hotel. Nancy from Ontario

Room Tip: Pink building 3rd floor ocean view, AC works good, nice rooms, we stayed in 4308, 4309, 4310
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Beachingit2014
Dear Beachingit2014,
Thank you very much because you have taken your personal time to write your experiences about your vacations at Playa Coco Hotel, you need to know that our main goal is to fulfill all our guests needs and expectations, and it feels very good to know that in your case we did it right! Thank you once again and see you soon!
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This resort is heaven on earth. We stayed at Hotel Playa Coco in January and June of this year. What a fantastic place. The staff really make the differance. They really treat you like family and welcome you with there smiling faces. They are some of the most hard working people we know. There are soo many people that we want to say thank you to. My husband is a fisherman and he is soo amazed at how you can fish right off the beach. The men on the beach are eager to help you with there knowlege of the ways to fish. Words cannot describe our suite. The rooms are vary clean and the house keeping staff are all very professional. We were sad when we found out Deamella was not there for the low season. We hope to see her again when we go back in 2015. Jacelyn was our maid this time and she was vary sweet to us and was outstanding. The ocean view was spectacular. Especially during the Wednesday night when we enjoyed watching a lighting storm out over the water from our balcony. The Friday night water ballet at the pool is something you don't want to miss. This is the first resort we have stay at where you could recognize all the food. Excellent food I might add. Mia and George are just two of the name of the people at the lobby bar. They are all so friendly and helpful.. They were teaching us how to speak spanish. My husband has a new Cuban name now. The girls would laugh with him and remembered the new name each time they spoke to him. The beach bar and grill is a wonderful adventure in outdoor dining. I had fresh fish everyday for lunch. Your can't beat it. Yoanny is soo full of joy. She is alway ready to make you laugh. She is one of the best bar tenders we have ever encountered. She is one of the hidden gems of the hotel. Also a very special thank you to Lozano for our memorable stay. You have to try this resort. I am sure you will be like us and never go anywere else again. This is now our new home away from home. I only have one wish for the hotel. I wish they could make time go slower so my vacation wouldn't end soo fast. Just remember to bring mosquito repellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bryan f
Dear bryan f,
I really feel proud of all the staff that works at Playa Coco Hotel whenever I see comments and opinions like the ones you have stated on Tripadvisor recently, it shows that they we are doing things right!, I would like to say thank you because of that reason and I would like to see you here again in the very near future!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I visited Hotel Playa with my two sons (4- and 7-years-old) June 21-28. This was our third visit to Cuba and the best one yet.

Yalily from Customer Care Department took very good care of us even before we arrived and arranged for just the most beautiful room for us and even arranged our a-la-carte dinners.

We loved everything, EVERYTHING, at this resort. The rooms are spacious and the cleaning lady does an amazing job keeping them spotless. There are 3 pools here! They are kept very clean and there are areas for both the little splashers as well as serious swimmers. The beach is breath-taking as is the little coral reef close by. Bring your snorkeling gear! There seem to be plenty of lounge chairs available both at the beach and at the pool at least for this time of the year, when it’s not very busy. The only little thing I didn’t like was that the man who takes care of the loungers at the beach tends to reserve a LOT of them for people when he comes in the morning. And I don’t mean that these people get up early and reserve them themselves. He does it for them. So even if you go at 7 o’clock, he already “reserved” most of the nice spots. This got progressively worse as the week went by. But that was just a little wrinkle in all the beauty that the beach and this resort had to offer.

The food was surprisingly good. No, it does not vary much from day to day, but there is a lot of variety, so everyone can get something they will like. We never went hungry and actually ENJOYED the food. Even my little one, who is a very picky eater, gained some weight during the week. Perhaps that’s because of the ice cream parlour, which we visited a few times a day J But in all seriousness….the food was really good and there was a lot of it, too. We went to the Japanese and Italian a-la-carte restaurants and were very impressed with both of them. The food and service were just amazing. Our Seafood dinner got cancelled, which was fine. We could have rescheduled but did not bother since we’re not much into seafood.

The kids activities during the day were few and far in between, but that was fine with us. After all, we went to spend some nice time together as a family and that is just what we did. This resort was just perfect. Especially for going with smaller kids because the resort is compact and everything is a comfortable walking distance.

The one thing that was overwhelmingly clear was that everyone at this resort was working hard to make sure that guests were happy. We loved our stay at Playa Coco and hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank misovamama
Dear misovamama,
Thank you so much for all the opinions you have written on Tripadvisor pages, I really feel good when guests come to Playa Coco Hotel and they go back home with such good experiences and feelings towards our service and staff. I would like to see you here again to make of your holidays an unforgettable experience
stickman
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I just returned from Playa Cayo Coco, Cuba from a one week vacation and went solo. I arrived on the second week of June 2014 and when I got to the hotel there was no tourists around at all.... they told me that it is low season and only 60 people... so I was planning to try and leave to move to another hotel. Wrong... the staff in this hotel where some of the best I have come across and i want the manager to say a big thank you to the following people for me. I think that Mayrouis at the lobby bar in the daytime was the best staff I have ever come across in my 15 years of travel. She is the best and kindest woman I have ever met. Please also thank Vivian in the lobby bar.. she was wonderful, George and Michael at the lobby bar. Always smiling and serving me. The entertainment staff are also very nice ... not a lot of entertainment for the amount of people, but I stayed at this resort all week. One thing I would change is putting the pool table in the beach bar area to make it more available... and maybe a roasting pit of pork or lamb on a spit fire once a week... The front staff... beautiful ladies, Maria, hello honey, Jenny the customer service... etc... Rachael the waitress was just wonderful to me.....Wan Carlos Santana in the Entertainment... This is John who was always going around and Kissing the ladies on the cheek hello, handing out nail polish, clothes, perfume, hair clips, toys, and It made me feel very good inside that you all appreciated the gifts more than anyone I have seen in my travels...
My only negative comments would be that the shower did not have hardly any hot water and the night Entertainment shows did not have much going on... but probable on account that there was not enough people at the resort at this time.
Thank you all... Management please take the time to tell the staff... John says Hello.

Room Tip: I stayed in the pink building near the beach ... but the yellow building is the closest to the beach...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank johnstaples
Dear johnstaples,
I would like to say thank you on behalf of all the staff that works here at Playa Coco hotel, it feels nice to know that they were the main reason why you decided to stay here and not moving into another resort in Cayo Coco, we really appreciate this, so we would like to have you here in the near future to share with all of them again, and this time with a lot more people from some other countries.
Thank you once again!
Playa Coco Hotel.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Went to Cuba June 21-28 went with my family of four, and had an amazing time. The white sand and beautiful clear ocean was just beautiful my son got to see some small fishes. The Employee at the hotel were so approachable and so humble we felt so welcome and comfortable. We really enjoy the pool bar where there is this lovely lady who made the best piña colada for Jesi and Nick. Met some wonderful people who were very helpful and we enjoy the amazing shows.
My husband and I had Coco and it was so good. The show they put on was very entertaining, especially the mini disco my daughter really enjoyed it.

We will be going back to Cayo Coco but this time with my family and friends. Beautiful country.
Thankyou Hotel playa Coco staff's for making our trip so fun and amazing.

Room Tip: Pink and Yellow buildings are in front of the ocean
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank uchoose
Hiram V, General Manager at Hotel Playa Coco, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear uchoose,
Thank you so much on behalf of all the staff that works here at Playa Coco Hotel because of the opinions you have written on Tripadvisor page, they encourage us to keep on with our hard work everyday, just to achieve our main goal that is no other than to fulfill all our guests expectations and needs. It is very comforting to know that you went home happy and what is the most importance to us, you are thinking of coming back with your family! Thank you once again, and hope to see you soon!
Kind regards,