“Tipping??”

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Alliston, Canada
“Tipping??”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

The resort was great...the food was great because my family loves seafood it's worth standing in the line at the buffet. All and all a really great resort. the restaurants were really good too!
I would recommend any one to go.
BUT
The only reason I am writing this review is hopes to make the management aware of there staff. and tipping.
The night we arrived I felt invisible ( they only acknowledged the guests whom been there all week) and wished we had picked a different resort the first almost hour I stood in line for a drink. Guests who had been for the week there would walk right in front of me and the bartender would love them up and I just kept standing there in disbelieving, I was shocked by the bartender. ( the bar by the night;y stage)
Some staff hardly smiled. I love Cuba and have had many trips to cuba. I just found the staff here weren't happy or willing to serve me most of the time. My husband and I bring lots down with us to give as gifts and love to do it. as well as cash tips Once we had given a gift then they would be happy and smile next time. We only ever want to give to those who are happy who want to serve, and whom seem like good caring people.
Some staff were very open in asking for things and that was fine. Those people were the ones whom smiled at least! And I was happy to pass along anything I had to give.
We spent a bundle in cash and gifts to get service. We could have gone to Paridice ( the five star) with the extra money we spent tipping.

Hopefully my review will help any of you future people get service. . The resort is great.

p.s

Dear management.... Canadians love feeding and helping stray cats and dogs. It is a part of our culture. Please don't get mad at us for feeding them. Children also LOVE to do this. If it bothers you so much you could charge a dollar to feed what we took from the buffet. I would happily pay it.

p.s.s

The hairdresser lady made us feel like we were going to be removed from the resort and kicked out of cuba because we got the girls hair braided at the beach.

P.S.S

invest in more shade umbrellas at the beach.....guests are going to kill each other over the shade. your beach is beautiful and the water is incredible.

Room Tip: We had a room by the pool, close to buffet and ocean on the ground floor. We could leave our slidin...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
21 Thank Kathleen O
Director Genera... I, General Manager at Iberostar Cayo Coco, responded to this review, 10 March 2016
Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to tell you that we really appreciate you have chosen our resort Iberostar Mojito to spend your well-deserved holidays.
We really appreciate you have taken the time to write a review about your stay with us.
Our staff is our best asset and you know they will always walk the extra mile to give the best service possible.
Once again we thank you for your comments which are of great importance to keep on improving our work.
Online Reputation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This resort was run down. They beach was very nice, clean, not far from playa Pilar. Make a point to go, it's beautiful. Rooms were dates and not super clean. The workers are all very nice. Some will openly ask for your items. Also be prepared if you go into Moron for no toilet seats or paper. Very remote so I would stay at a nicer larger resort with more amenities. Tried to go horseback riding but the horses were so thin it didn't feel right. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank ChloeMortimer86

Travellers are raving about these Cayo Coco hotels

Ajax
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My girlfriends and I traveled to Iberostar Cayo Coco, Cuba for 4 nights 5 days in mid April 2013 and had a wonderful time, this is a older hotel that was bought out by Iberostar and it’s really nice. The staff was friendly, the entertainment staff wasn’t overly pushing about joining in daily activities, and the food was surprising good (as you hear food in Cuba has little or no taste)

The weather was amazing – bugs were bad (I didn’t notice the bites until I returned home) – remember to wear lots and lots of sun block so many of us got burn.

My only complaint was they didn’t have enough shady areas to lounge near the pool or the beach. All of the huts were taken up every single day which led us to lay in the sun and burn.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Melia Jardines del Rey
Melia Jardines del Rey
#9 of 12 in Cayo Coco
Memories Flamenco Beach Resort

Been to Iberostar Cayo Coco? Share your experiences!