“great vacation from nov 22 to november 24 2013”

Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Montreal, Canada
“great vacation from nov 22 to november 24 2013”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I was very anxious to go to your resort. It was my seventh time to cayo coco. I went with family and friends. We enjoyed our stay very much. We were always greated with a smile from the staff. We never felt that we disturbed them and were not waiting for a tip. We met alot of staff that worked at Memories before so their were familiar faces..The food at the buffet was good and also the service. Bartender, Carlos at the pool , bartender at the beach were great.We enjoyed animation team Yosmell very nice and Fernando (Nando) kept us in a positive attitude despite the rain during our stay. Very good member of the team! We do miss his smile! I would recommend this resort. We will be back for future vacations. Please say Hi to Fernando from Mama , Kym and family.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank nicole l
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Nicole 1:
I want to thank you for giving us a writing review about your experience at the hotel. Highlighting the work of our staff especially Fernando, Carlos and Yosmel and the hotel itself
I appreciate the desire to come back and we all waited for you with a smile.

Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Polish first
London, Canada
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Quick check in. Yoenia, Luis ,Yami make themselves visible,and are there to help you with any ? You may have. A special thankyou to your team for our wonderful suprize waiting in our room.
bartenders elizabeth, Victor,Addeal.Armondo,kisses to Alberto,all very hard workers.
Nando hope those ear phones are working out for you,sending much love.
Okay. Food excellent
Drinks are also good
Rooms were wonderful and fresh and because of the screens we hardly used the air nice hearing the waves.
Our room was so private and quiet. We did have beach party one night.
Some of the shows were good. Magic show is good for the kids and they had a fun aft noon by the pool for the kids. It is a good family resort with good clean fun.
They offer candy floss once a week and try the excellent fish fry on beach every day,will miss it.
Lots of spaces to walk and explore before things sadly change.
24 hr bar and the other side till ten by entertainment also bar at the pool restaurant
And swimm up bar.
I feel they def need more water sports as the volleyball net was broken by a tourist in the pool and would be nice to have basketball or water polo or even just throwing balls into rings. They do have tennis. You can suggest what ever you like.
Gardeners greet with a smile and sometimes a gift.
Will return as the resort is wonderful and the guys gad great fishing.

• Stayed December 2013
7 Thank Robax
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Robax:

I want to thank the comment and highlights the friendliness of the people at our hotel and the service in the restaurants and bars, we are here to help you just come us and we take care of you, I will give your greetings to Nando, Yoenia, The elizabeth, Victor, Addeal, Armando, Alberto. They will be waiting for your return.
I see by your comments that you liked your room, like food and appreciate your suggestion regarding sports in the pool.
Thanks for coming to Cuba and for being so special.
We are always at your service.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

This was my 1st time to Cuba and I couldn't have wished for more. We stayed at the Pestana for 7 days from Nov 24 to Dec 1. I chose this particular resort based on past reviews (even though there were few in comparison to other hotels in the area as the hotel is very new) and the fact that the director, Luis, really took note of the comments from past guests.

We arrived at night and although check in was fairly slow, we were greeted with "pestana" drinks by extremely friendly staff who made the waiting time a non-issue. The hotel lobby is visually beautiful, modern, large, and very comfortable. The rooms were clean, comfortable and everything worked well. Our maid, Nuriya (I think that's the spelling), was very helpful and her animal towel creations every day were a delight.

The food was outstanding. There are 3 al la carte restaurants - Cuban, Mediterranean and Italian cuisine, and the service and friendliness of the wait staff was exceptional. The buffet had a substantial variety of dishes and we enjoyed the sandwiches, pizza, fries and poutine at the snack bar.

The nightly entertainment was top class especially the International Show. The dancers and choreography were superb and everyone did a great job in entertaining. A special shout out to Fernando (Nando) and Pinkie for keeping the audience engaged, Yasmani for his incredible dance ability, Orlis who did an excellent rendition of Tina Turner in 6” heels without flinching, and the rest of the talented entertainment team including Liuba and Nelson (the entertainment manager).

There were daily activities around the beautiful large pool area, and in the lobby when it rained (two days). Yosmel (Joe) who did the tai chi and yoga, Orlis who did the zumba, and the young lady (I’m sorry I don’t remember her name) who did the salsa lessons, where all terrific. The beach is a little rocky in spots, but beautiful nevertheless.

Bar service was punctual and friendly, and specifically Addiel, Viktor, Micheal (Rocky) and Dimples (don’t remember his name but he has the most gorgeous dimples) made sure of it. They even knew our drink of choice and always had a smile on their faces. Excellent service!
I had read reviews that there was no bank on site, but they opened one on the second day we were there. The only downside of the vacation was that we all got bitten by mosquitos and sand flies, but that is no reflection on the hotel whatsoever, as we did not bring any repellent. So remember to take with you as the ones that you can purchase there do not work.

All in all, it was a memorable vacation and I will definitely recommend it and be back as soon as possible. Not only did we have an incredible experience but the connections we made with Nando, Yosmel (Joe), Yasmani, Liuba, and Nelson, to name a few, really touched our hearts in ways we could never imagine. Thank you to everyone at Pestana - hasta pronto.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
14 Thank JaciGec
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear JaciGec:
Thank you for writing your experience at our hotel and expose how good you felt with our service, as all recognize the work of our employees and also the same way you do. you liked the work of your maid who made ​​figures with towels and all who will consisted and formed part of your experience, mainly Fernando, Pinki, Yasmani, Yosmel, Orlis, Addiel, Viktor, Micheal.
We are here to work for aour guests, so that we will do in the best way on your next visit.

Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I was a guest at Pestana from Nov 24 - Dec 1. My friend and I were extremely happy with the resort and found the staff to be nothing short of wonderful.

The newness of the resort is evident in the appearance and cleanliness of the amenities. The rooms are basic and come equipped with the essentials. The housekeeping staff do a great job. Our last day we had a late flight (leaving at 10:30pm) and paid an extra $50 CCP for a late checkout at 6:30. The extra time allowed us to enjoy our last day to the fullest.

The beach is great and water is beautiful. There are some rocky spots - stick to the right of the bridge/beach bar and you'll be fine. Perfect spot is near the lifeguard post.

The food was great!!! Lots of variety and the food was fresh. A la carte restaurants were great, along with the wait staff at each one. Special mention to the "omelet lady" (as we affectionately named her). We had fresh omelets every day (even shaped in a heart some days).

The entertainment staff are so much fun and make a great effort to provide lots of activities and shows for the guests! They make it their mission to ensure you're having fun.

Special mention to the
following AMAZING employees at Pestana. Omelet lady at the breakfast buffet, Juan Carlos our favorite bartender, Alberto the life guard for helping with lounge chairs at the beach, Dennis our beach bar server and last but certainly not least, Nando from the entertainment crew.

Our vacation was one to remember and to experience again. We hope to return in March for more great times.

Catherine H from Newmarket.

• Stayed November 2013
11 Thank Cath0520
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Cath0520:

I see you have enjoyed your holidays and highlights the cleanliness and facilities of the hotel, You enjoy the food. I note that some employees helped you to make your stay better as it was, the woman tortillas, Dennis, Alberto, Juan Carlos, I will give my appreciation personally.
Thanks for coming to Cuba and have chosen our hotel.
Sincerely,,

Cobourg, Canada
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We had the pleasure of travelling to the Pestana for 2 weeks nov 16 to nov 30th.
The airport was not to busy when we arrived and we went trough customs fairly quickly.When you go out the doors to go outside at the airport to the left is the bank.We always change our money there and then you have pesos to tip the bellboys when they bring your luggage to your room and you don't have to worry about exchanging at the resort. The resort is about 15 minutes from the airport.Check in went fairly quickly. I emailed the resort 5 days before leaving and asked for bungalow 1 and that's what we got. If you tell your travel agent what bungalow you want it usually doesn't get relayed to the resort so email them. When we were checking in they would tell people to go to their room and if they were not satisfied to come back and they would put their names on a list and change their rooms the next day.So please don't have a fit at the front desk in front of everybody if you didn't get the bungalow you told your travel agent you wanted. The resort is small and wherever you are you are close to everything.

When we got to our room in bungalow 1 room 1411 we were very happy with the layout and had a beautiful ocean view.In the closet there are 2 shelves , 1 safe, 2 extra blankets, ironing board and iron, 2 umbrellas , 3 dresser drawers and 16 hangers. They give you shampoo , body wash and body cream. We had 1 pillow each and we left a note for the maid Sandra for 2 more pillows and when we got back from the beach they were there.They have good channel so you can keep up with the news back home like ctv cnn tbs espn. There are also 3 drawers in the room where the tv is so plenty of room for clothes. We had a coffee maker. She gave us coffee every day but not always sugar there is no creamer for the coffee but we always buy a bottle of Baileys at duty free and that's our creamer lol.

You will not go hungry at this resort there are a lot of options for lunch and dinner.Bring your own peanut butter (we did) but they do have jam and ketchup. The snack bar has great pizza and even poutine. We did not eat anything there that we did not enjoy. The ranchon has an amazing lunch and if you don't want to leave the beach there is a hut there where this guy fries up fish and its really good(and I don't like fish lol)

The beach was lovely and if you go to the right on the beach past the lifeguard palapa there are hardly any rocks...you can see a few when you walk in but the water is so clear you can just avoid them and then there its all sand. There is a waiter on the beach and his name is Denis. He's the man. He comes to your chair takes your order and your bubba goes to the bar and makes your drink and brings it back to you...please tip him ...he walks up and down that beach all day long and if it rains hes in the snack bar . Wherever Denis goes people love him and shakes his hand and he's always smiling and he's asset to this resort.

Before dinner we would go to the lobby for a drink and we found it a bit boring. Sometimes there were 2 girls playing the piano and the flute. I'm sure they are very talented but they are boring..On Thursday nights they had this band from 7 to 8:30 who were very good. People really enjoyed them and were clapping an singing along and some were dancing. They need to get more entertainment like that so the people can have a bit of fun. Can't comment on the shows cause we are early risers and go to bed early. Oh and by way if you want a palapa on the beach you better get up early or your not getting one. My husband would go at 6:30 to get one on the right of beach and he said most of the better ones were taken already and we would go back to the beach at 8 am to sit and they were all gone. There are always chairs to be had by the pool no matter what time you go. Its a beautiful big pool and the water is just right (not to cold like some of the resorts we have been to).

If you want to go for a walk go to your left on the beach past the memories you will see a point there. Walk around it and you will see a beautiful unspoiled beach. It's only about a 15 minute walk and well worth it.

We loved this resort and would not hesitate to go back. The service is very good (you will not have an empty glass at the buffet or the a la cartes ever they are so quick to refill)

By the way when you check you might want to ask them for your towel cards.You pay 20 pesos per towel but get it back when you return your cards then you can use those pesos for the airport tax to get out of cuba. We didn't know we needed the cards so when we went to the towel hut they sent us to the front desk to get the cards.Once there we were told it was 40 pesos for 2 towels so we had to go back to our room to get the money we didn't have enough with us.But it was all good and you exchange them everyday and on the last day you ask for your cards back and bring them to the front desk and they give you pesos back.

Go to the rep meeting the day after you get there. Your rep will tell you all about the excursions you can go on and just general information that might be interesting. Please check your tour guide book for info about the bus that picks you up to bring you back to the airport. Check it the day before you leave the pick up time might have changed (ours did and some people didn't check and we had to wait for them to finish breakfast before leaving)

We would go back to this resort and would recommend it to our friends (actually we already did and 2 couples are going in January)

Thank you very much to the pestana group for making our 2 weeks enjoyable and unforgettable .

Room Tip: Bungalow 1 is near everything. If your facing the front you get pool view if your in the back third...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
11 Thank g s
Dear G S:

From what I see from your comments, You really enjoy and that is a great joy for us, I see that our staff helped in this especially Denis. I see you like the room and the equipment. The food at the various service points.
We will open a Cuban Bar in the Hotel, just some ideas Cuban cocktails and beer, Cuban music, I hope it will be ready at the end of the month.

Thank you for your feedback and we will wait for you in your hotel Pestana.

director

Nov 24 - Dec 1
This is my 6th time to Cuba and 5th different resort. While the overall look of the resort is nice I found it designed more on functionality than style. It probably has the nicest lobby/foyer that I've seen and it has a nice night ambience, but I find it is always nicer to have your nightly entertainment arena in a different area than attached to the lobby. Other places I've been to have had a separate piano lounge room. The piano was in the lobby here. I found the décor of the 3 a la carte rather dull and cold (no mood lighting). Also, the internet never was out of commission all wk..

We arrived late on a Sunday night approx. 11:30 and decided to get something to eat from the 24 hr snack bar. The lights were all out and you have to get the guys attention in the back and the only thing he could make at that time of day was a grilled ham/cheese sandwich. We went back to the snack bar during the week for lunch and the hamburger was pink in the middle so I left that and got a pizza which was cooked on the outside but completely doughy in the middle.

The buffet was ok for the first couple of days until you catch on that the lunch and dinner selection are 95% the same and you can only eat the same meal so many times as there was no real variation in the menu from day to day. By my last day there I was so tired of the food that I only ate the minimum to get rid of hunger pangs. I never thought I would be so happy to see an airline meal on the flight back. They have some sort of weird bacon there which takes a couple days of getting used to. This is my first resort in Cuba where you have to get your own coffee. Note to manager, you cater to kids at the resort and serve french fries at the snack bar, why not serve them at the buffet.

I wasn't impressed with snack bar close to the beach. We only went there one day and that was close to closing (3pm I think) and all it was was about a 10% selection of what the buffet had. I thought they would have hotdogs, hamburgers or fries.

Room Tip: Our sleeping complex had 3 floors and I assume all the other complexes had the same. Obviously the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brian M
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive Beach Resort, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Brian M:
I appreciate your comment and I promise to improve the theme snack, I do not deny you that we did not have adequate supply products that week in Cuba Cayo Coco. But we speak and the government gave us more freedom to provide us and avoid this situation, everything will be better in a week.
Sorry about the internet, and It was solved.
Thanks anyway to draw attention to your experience, which is not what we want.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Front desk: I would agree that the check-in is a bit disorganized. However, not one to complain since we were on vacation. However I do agree that the front desk should smile and greet a bit more rather than talking to each other (staff).

Room: room was very nice. New and clean. Bathroom was also very new and clean with a big tub. Our shower curtain rod kept on falling down and sale with the shower handle. But this was ok. AC was very nice and cold and the room would never be humid. Also includes a safe for free. Room also has great TV channels.

Pool: pool was very clean and wonderful.

Entertainment: could be better. Lots of dancing shows. Would recommend some acrobat shows.

Food: loved the ranchon (grill near the beach). I looked forward to going here every day. They had paella, fish, pork, chicken. Sometimes they would also have some fried fish that they would serve at the beach!!! So good!! Wasn't a fan of the Italian or Mediterranean restaurant. The Cuban restaurant was great. Buffet is average. Picky water can find something. Pasta station is great!

Beach: the beach was gorgeous especially when the sun was out.

Additional:

To me, I am deathly afraid of any sort of insects or bugs. I am very happy to see that there were no bugs at all!!!!

Also, there is no internet at this resort. They have Internet but it was not working during our stay. I needed to access my email for one day for something important for work, and the kind operator who I spoke to over the phone in my room had arranged for a bell boy to take me to the memories resort to use it. I was very happy about this and cannot thank these people enough for accommodating me.

Will definitely recommend this resort!

• Stayed November 2013
7 Thank Karlangz
Dear Karlangz:
I see by your comments that you enjoy your vacation and we could fullfil your expectations. Thanks for highlighting the variety of food at Ranchon, the clean pool, the confort of the room, and the beautiful beach.
I will take care of your comments about the reception and shows.
I hope to have you again in our hotel.

Director.
#9 of 12 in Cayo Coco
Pullman Cayo Coco
Pullman Cayo Coco
#2 of 12 in Cayo Coco

Been to Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive Beach Resort? Share your experiences!