“Worth every penny.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayo Coco
Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The staff was amazing. Cuba is one of those places that despite how many stars the hotel is the food is all the same. What made this place exceptional was the staff Nando Pinkie amazing. The bartenders amazing cleaning staff amazing. Safe clean quite. I'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Canada0111
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Canada0111:

Thank you coming to our hotel and enjoy our service, of our exceptional staff, that makes the difference, as Nando and Pinky, I will give them your greetings, thanks for comment that the hotel is always very clean and the staff cares about serving our visitors.
We hope to see you very soon in our hotel Pestana

Director

Write a ReviewReviews (2,635)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great hotel for the families but I would not recommend it for singles or couples. This is not a party resort or a resort where you go to have a romantic vacation. The resort is less than 20 min from the airport so great for families. Lots of daily activities and early night activities to keep the kids busy and allow parents to have a few drinks and relax. All the workers were great with the kids. The resort is very small so always short walks to everywhere which is great with young kids. We booked a suite which has an ocean view and was on the third floor. Suites are twice as large as the Jr suites which means the balcony's are also twice as large. If you are going with kids like us it is worth a small extra and the view is spectacular. Building 6 and 7 have the best ocean views just make sure you are on the third floor as the vegetation is quite high and the view is blocked on the first and second floors. Rooms are very clean and the site is extremely well maintained. Main pool is great as it is large and has a shallow section for small children and they also have two small kids pools. The beach is spectacular and you will not be disappointed, and they have have a pool bar right on the beach so not far to walk for drinks. The food is good for Cuban standards but they only have 3 a la carte restaurants and the buffet is very very small so not a big variety for lunch or supper. The Mediterranean restaurant is the best a la carte. The workers are some of the friendliest and helpful I have ever experienced in Cuba and that says a lot as this was my 11th time to Cuba so my 11th different resort. Nightly entertainment was just ok but I don't travel to Cuba for the shows so did not really care.

If you are looking for a great family vacation do not hesitate you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank A F
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear A F:

I appreciate the positive comments of the hotel is new, well maintained, clean and caters to families according to your experience. You liked the suite and recommend to buy it, is twice of a junior suite and the design is different, thanks for your comments about the food and especially recognizes the work of the employees here at Pestana, they are more cordial than in your previous visits to hotels in Cuba.
Thanks for recommending us and we would like you to return to the hotel and make it your hotel in Cuba.

Director.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Was at Pestana March 1 -8 2014. rooms really nice and very clean. New resort people very friendly. Loved the lobby was very modern and a great gathering place in the evening. Rooms are all Jr suites which are very nice to have that little more room. Very clean and new loved the room. The shows started at 9:45 which I thought was a little too late could be earlier around 9:00 would be nice.The only issue I had was the food I am a very picker eater. Breakfast was the best meal of the day but the lineups are just crazy for an omellete wow could starve by the time you get your eggs. Lunch was not to bad how could you go wrong with pizza or fries. the restaurant by the beach was okay at lunch had rice cucumber tomatoes bbq meat was just okay to me.
Again dinner at the buffet was not so good for me had to eat pasta every night and again the lineup was 30 minutes way to long to wait for your food. I did not like the items they had at the buffet but that is my opinion. the line ups could go faster if they had more cooks to take the orders and help cook. Buffet also does not have to many tables for the amount of people. the speciality resaurants to me were a little better because you did not have to wait in a 30 minute line up. I did really like the resort as it was nice and new and the rooms were awesome. the buffet could get better. Maybe in time the resort will realize this and try to do something to fix the problem. If your not a picky eater than this is a really nice resort. I would go back just for the people and the rooms not the food. I would eat fries, pizza and pasta again I guess inless things change in the food area,

Room Tip: I was in building 8 oceanview last building away from the lobby and the noise. Great room and view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank LaurieD2009

Dear LaurieD 2009:
I appreciate your comments and it is true the hotel is nice, clean and very well laid out, we know that everything is new and your comments helps us to improve, the resort has everything to be getting better and we are working on better services, options will always be to improve.
We hope you can come back and we can share your mfeeling about the service.
Whenever the staff will be happy to have you in our Pestana Cayo Coco.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Great week May 9th… Professional staff, especially ORLENS who made sure everything was perfect. Buffet was fine but the restaurants were a nice surprise, the Cuban one, a must. We will definitely go back and recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert B

Dear Robert B:

I appreciate your comments which highlights the work of Orlens and the overall of the hotel, for our attention and quality hotel that you found.
Thanks for recommending and want to return, we hope to see you here and be one of our frequent clients.

director

Reviewed 29 May 2014

So I will start by saying I had a good time. I credit this more to the people I travelled with rather than the resort itself. There was a group of 8 of us ages 28-60 (myself being 28).

We visited this resort from Feb. 15th-22nd. The weather was beautiful the entire week!!

When we arrived we checked in with no issue (we had to wait for our rooms as we arrived at 10:30 am) but this not a problem and they were ready by 3pm. I always change on the plane so I am ready for the weather. I recommend doing this. You will be much more comfortable.

Our rooms were nice, clean, comfortable and spacious. The maid always did a wonderful job and brought us extra water.

The beach was beautiful. The water colour was amazing. There are some rocky spots but you just move down the beach a bit more. We never had an issue. We found the ocean water a little cooler (still swim able and refreshing). This is because you are actually swimming in the Atlantic not the Caribbean. We always found chairs (for the 8 of us) but I know people from our party reserved them fairly early. I did notice they were brining more chairs in.

Pool was nice clean and a decent temperature. We did struggle more to find seating around the pool. This is most likely because we spent our mornings on the beach and when we headed to the pool after lunch (around 2:30) there were very few seats left. We didn't mind though because we just swam.

Service was not the best I have experience. This is not to say the staff was not friendly because for the most part they were but we were there the busiest week of the winter and this being a new hotel they were not use to handling full capacity. They were very understaffed. We very rarely got served our drinks. Someone from the group would just take turns going to the bar and getting a round...not ideal but we weren't excepting 5 start so it didn't both us. The line ups at the bar could get rather annoying. I'm not a drinker but I did enjoy their virgin Pina Coladas and the rest of the crew I travelled with are drinkers and had no real complaints about the quality of the beverages, We did luckily see them training new staff while we were tere which is a good sign.

Food. I am a seasoned traveller. I have been to 11 resorts over the last 20 years or so. This is by far the worst food I have had. I read the reviews some were positive and some were negative but I thought regardless I could handle it. I was wrong. I guess I love food too much. My issues with the food were lack of variety, and the stuff they out at the buffet just not tasting good in general. The pasta from the pasta bar was always good but due to how busy it was it was usually a 20-40 minute line up. This was good pasta Cuba standard...not Good Pasta nice Italian restaurant standard. Meaning I loved it when I had it but wasn't willing to wait in line most nights. The beef and Fish off the fry stations were also pretty good....again line ups but not quiet as long. If they had more stations and fewer lines and I could of ate more pasta I would of enjoyed the food a little more. Breakfast was okay...but not comparable to most other resorts I have stayed at. The snack bar was good for the first few days pizza being the highlight but after day 4 or 5 of eating lunch there I was done with it. Out of the 8 of us 6 of us really struggled and disliked the food. However, my father and boyfriend had no issues with it at all.

In conclusion, I do have high hopes for this resort as it is still working out the kinks. If they can improve service and food then they may just have something. That being said I probably wouldn't return nor would I risk suggesting to a friend. I think there are many other deals to be found at better resorts. That being said I had a great time. Vacation is what you make it. Don't let the little things bother you and just try to enjoy your time in Paradise.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ecef85

Dear ecef85:
Very nice of your comments, I see that the rows to wait for the food bothered you we are taking action and we hope this did not happen so often, I can see that you liked the rooms we, beach service, the staff friendly but I understand we had some problems, but staff have had full and we continue with good comments. We are providing more services and we know complaints will decrease.
I see that you enjoy the hotel and your vacation, but being as you are, if you can, please come back and we address the service provide in the best way, and if not, please return to Cuba there are good options.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We went to Pestana in March had a great time.The room we had was large, brite and airy.The bed was king size and very comfortable.The pool was very clean and well maintained.Beach was nice white sand water was clear and warm.The food was very good some was better than others but we always found something to eat.Mornings there was always omletes freshly made,fried eggs and lots of fruit.Lunch the fresh pasta was very good there was some fresh fish which was good and again fresh fruit.Supper the fresh pasta was again available with some beef,fish or pork cooked to your taste.Waiters and all the staff where all very good.At the buffet waiters always were there to serve water and drinks.In the bars we had great waiters,especially Tavane and Papito they were always happy and smiling.They always remembered our drinks.Front desk people were friendly and helpful day and night.The grounds were beautful and well kept.All in all we were there for 2 weeks and enjoyed it very much,will go back some time for sure.Would recommend this resort to everyone.

Room Tip: try to get building #1 or 2 they are close to both the buffet pool and beach
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Stephen C
MarketingCcs, Director General at Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Stephen C:

I see that we exceeded your expectations, a new hotel, good rooms, good beach, crystal clear water, a pool always perfect. I appreciate that you mention our food well as the service of our employees, like Tavane and Papito, they were always friendly. Staff are making a difference and some of us like to be well taken care first.
Thanks for recommending our hotel Pestana and want to return in the future, you will always be welcome here.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed at Pestana Cayco Coco for two weeks in March 2014. It was my first visit to Cuba and I was impressed with the resort. It only opened in October 2013, and they worked very hard to get out all the bugs. Our room was modern, very clean and had an iron and ironing board, hair dryer and all the expected amenities. The balcony was large and well appointed. When we first arrived the television wasn't working and there were no face cloths. I reported this the next morning on my way to breakfast and the TV worked and there were face cloths in the bathroom by the time we got back to the room. Excellent service! We had reservations in the three speciality restaurants but found the buffet just as good so we cancelled our reservations for the second week and stuck to the buffet. The chicken was exceptional no matter how it was repaired and the fresh pasta bar was great. Have to mention the variety and quality of the breads and ice cream....yum! The beach was white sand to the right. It was rocky to the left but you could stand up to your waist in water and see a variety of fish here. My only complaint of the beach was the scarcity of sheltered seating. There were some thatched huts but not enough. We loved the evening entertainment in the lobby. The variety was excellent and we enjoyed dancing to the music. The manager, Luis was very visible and asked us if we were enjoying ourselves and if there was anything they could do to make our stay more enjoyable. Staff very pleasant and helpful..made us feel very special and well cared for. We will definitely go back to this resort and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Building # 1 and 2 very conveniently located to pool, lobby and beach.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Becca C

Dear Becca C:

I appreciate your comments and highlight how good are the rooms, the food and the service staff were efficient and the little things that reported were fixed immediately. All of us are waiting for our guests and try to please them, but not always successfully, but we continue to improve.
We wait for you in Pestana Cayo Coco and you will always welcome.

director

#2 of 12 in Cayo Coco
IBEROSTAR Mojito
IBEROSTAR Mojito
#8 of 12 in Cayo Coco

Been to Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive? Share your experiences!