“horrible food”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The best of the Italian Cuisine in a trendy and casual athmosphere. Pizza, Pasta, Seafood and Steaks. Bar After hours on Fridays and Saturdays.
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We ate here on a Friday night. First the food was terrible. I feel this is not italian food at all. My pasta was very very bitter. When we intially sat down it the music was nice and I could have a conversation with my boy friend. However half an hour later a DJ came in and set up and started playing trance music very loudly. CHanged the entire atmosphre. BAD FOOD AND VIBE.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Really enjoyed visiting Novecento, the lasagna was amaaazing, service was great and they have some really nice specials I was lucky enough to take advantage of! Definitely going back!

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Amaizing food flavors!!.
Excellent prices & cheff presentation.
Beutifull location and great service!!
Try the pastas & the pizza .

1  Thank Tikismiki
Reviewed 25 July 2012

As a local I'm use to go for "mofongo" and seafood. I am glad we try the combination and carbonara pizza at Novecento. Next time will add chicken to the Carbonara as suggested by the waitress.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Last summer my husband and I had diner at Novecento and it was great. Last Saturday we went back and the experience was disturbing. The food was so so at best, it's not a cheap place to eat, and the service was horrible.

Who you get as a waitress makes a big difference while at this restaurant. The woman we had this time seemed to not want to be there and has no wait skills whatsoever. We were asking for things left and right, and she did not check on us at all. It went as far as her not bringing our doggy bag back after we requested to take home the remainder of my husband's $18.00 entree. We did not realize we never got it until we got to the car. At that point, we just wanted to get our of there and forget about our unpleasant experience.

We ordered the cheddar cheese fondue as an appetizer. It tasted like very salty cheese whiz. It did not seem to have any of the cheeses stated in the menu. My vieja ropa manacotti was nothing but under cooked lasagna strips with chopped up small square chunks of meat in a salty heavy brown sauce. Honestly, it looked like beef Fancy Feast cat food.

On a positive note, the "good waitress" listened to my concerns and removed the appetizer and my entree from the bill. This was a generous gesture but does not correct the bigger problem they have. We will not return.