“Great Place!”

Price range: US$8 - US$27
Cuisines: American, African, Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a fusion of Afropuertorican cuisine and Delicious Creative dishes from all over the world! Our menu contains recipes from Puerto Rican creole cuisine, all the African continent and Mediterranean countries. Our Sangrias are made with South African wine, rum and brandy and different fruit nectar. Our name FuFu, is an ancient recipe based on roots like casaba or yams originated from Ghana. FuFu Afropuertorican.International Cuisine specializes in Surf and Turfs and Sangria which change every week to maintain variety. Our combination of flavors has made us the number one choice when it comes to try different styles of food.
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My husband and I enjoyed everything from appetizer to dessert, the staff is customer oriented and it's located right at road 2 wich makes it easy to find (take the road from the airport PR 107 it takes you directly to road 2 then take a left in direction to san juan) I do recommend making reservations on weekends tends to be packed. Their Sangria is the best, trust me, must have! Do not miss this one if in the area DELICIOUS food GREAT service.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

This is my first review ever. I decided to write it because it seriously bothers my that this restaurant is #1 in the area undeservingly. I waited easily over 1 hour & 20 minutes till the food was served. The food was delicious but the exaggerated lengthy wait till the food is served makes you not want to return. I understand the restaurant might be full at peek hours, but nothing can justify waiting over an hour for 2 plates without even an apology from the staff. At least serve courtesy bread or something. I've visited twice already and I've had to wait the same amount of time. The first visit I thought maybe they were short staffed that night but apparently they are short staffed every night. I could understand if this was a larger restaurant but it is still very small (even with the recent expansion) it does not have more than 20 tables. There are way bigger restaurants in Aguadilla where the service and timing of the food is impeccable. The prices are also very expensive since they made the recent modifications to the interior. Since the menu changed prices have almost doubled and food portions have decreased. The food presentation is beautiful but I'd prefer if you save the $3 per orchid on each plate, so you can bring down the prices and this will also save time from over-decorating the plate and hence food might be served faster. I waited so long for my food that as you can see I had enough time to analyze their cost vs. service proficiency. And like I said previously, the food is delicious but it's sad to see such good food go to waste by such bad service. The purpose of going out to dinner is because you're hungry, but unfortunately in order to enjoy this restaurant you have to go there without being hungry so that you won't be starving blue by the time they serve you. Also, on a separate previous occasion, I went with a large group of co-workers to enjoy their lunch special on a Friday but when we got there it was closed. And they clearly had a very large banner that advertised the word "Lunch" outside and the open hours on the internet also advertised that they served lunch.
Bottom line: Waiting over an hour for (+$20 per plate) food is ridiculous. Improve service quality so that it can be worth the price. Until then I will not be returning.

6  Thank Anonymous0124
FuFu Cuisine A, Owner at Fufu Afropuertorican International Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

On behalf of all of our staff we would like to apologize to anyone who stumbles upon this malicious review. This "reviewer" has dedicated a good part of these past four months to make negative remarks about us on our Facebook Page and various other websites using diferent usernames and finaly now this page. Not only did this person provide false information about our restaurant and service but also took the time to explain he was just doing it to drop us from the #1 Spot in our town which we have maintained solidly for over a year and have worked very hard at. Our own guest have given this to us through there excellent reviews and it is thanks to these guests we get to do what we most love day in and day out. This is very regretfull and disappointing to us but it is completely out of our hands. Thank You, Our Apologies.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

The dishes are beautifully plated and the taste....delicious!
I definitely recommend going to this restaurant.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Throatee writes- Christmass, New Years, Presidents Day and Valentines is over, and in Connecticut the B&B is as dead as the winter. Think Tropical, Hawaii is a long 24 hr trip, Florida is (FLORIDA), try Puerto Rico. A four hour straight shot from BDL but a whole world of different.
As for the food, after dining in Rome, Paris, Madrid, and New York, there is a standard. Dined in a few place in Puerto Rico and was sorly dissapointed until this little gem, was review in Trip Advisor. I made my Italian ,exceptional cook, wife come along, and on leaving she thanked me for the persuading. It's small, colorful, with a good menue selection, of something different,an interestingl wine selection, and very afordable. We have a rating system and BTE ( better than expected) is a very, very, good mark, but there is that RARE occasion where, MBTE (mutch better than expected) is used, and FuFu got it from us.

FuFu Cuisine A, Owner at Fufu Afropuertorican International Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I am very glad to know we were able to exceed your expectations nothing could make me happier. Cooking is my passion and as I am sure you were able to appreciate, my staff enjoys taking good care of our guests. On behalf of all of the member of our staff... Thank You! We hope you enjoy the rest of your stay here in Puerto Rico as much as we enjoyed having you over for dinner.

Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

Service decrease with the after 7:00pm crowd. The fu fu's never came to our table. Waiter forgot many details. The food was good with heavy portions, the soup as well.

1  Thank Hector D
FuFu Cuisine A, Owner at Fufu Afropuertorican International Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post you review. I am very glad to know the food was up to standard and at the same time somewhat disappointed that service was apparently not quite what you would have liked. Our staff is allays 100% at our guests disposition and since every guests is different from the next we highly depend on your feedback during your visit to ensure that your tables needs are met during your visit. Thank for Visiting! We hope to see you again soon!