“Great Fusion of Flavors! "Beyond Excellent ...”

Fufu Afropuertorican International Cuisine
Price range: US$8 - US$27
Cuisines: American, African, Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a fusion of Afropuertorican cuisine and Delicious Creative dishes from all over the world! Our menu contains recipes from Puerto Rican creole cuisine, all the African continent and Mediterranean countries. Our Sangrias are made with South African wine, rum and brandy and different fruit nectar. Our name FuFu, is an ancient recipe based on roots like casaba or yams originated from Ghana. FuFu Afropuertorican.International Cuisine specializes in Surf and Turfs and Sangria which change every week to maintain variety. Our combination of flavors has made us the number one choice when it comes to try different styles of food.
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Fusion of Flavors! "Beyond Excellent ...”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I have visited PR Island like one year ago, and decided to go this year to visit North and west side area, which we didn't have time to go to the beaches, and see attractions. We have stopped by this Restaurant called "Fu Fu" in Road #2, which sounds like something different for us ...Dinner was the highlight of our weekend trip to Aguadilla, northside of the Island.The food "Exceptional", we also enjoyed a Merlot from a variety of African wines..exquisite! As apetizers we had the FuFu balls, and a plate called Kwasi.
The service was excellent, and we also met the Chef Krystian Adriel, which explained about the plates and gave recommendations. I have a filet Mignon with Arroz Mamposteao, my friend had the "Gallinita" filled with "Yuca" and skirt steak...fabulous fusion of flavors. The Mignon was cooked perfectly. We also appreciate time the Cheff took to give us some tips and points of interest to visit not only in Aguadilla but also in Rincon and Mayaguez ...we followed your guidelines. Reasonable prices for quality of food, will recommended! Don't miss it!

• Visited November 2013

Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
“wow! Better than before.”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I've visited FuFu before with my husband and everything was delisious, but now it simply amazing. We came again because of a business trip and we were blown away with the changes!! they have expanded and the decoration is truly ethnic they now have african murals on the walls. they've improve their menu with more african dishes and let me say the taste is consistent. This is hands down an ecxellent restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Truly incredible”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I had heard some great reviews about this place so my friend and I decided to pay a visit last night!! OMG! We were not disappointed! What a FABULOUS experience!!!
We arrived about 7:30pm and the server took us to a table near the window. Looking around we saw that the walls were all painted in African style.... It was very tasteful but we both agreed that more decoration in the way of masks, wooden animals and generally more visual pieces would have been nice. I also think it would be great if the servers were dressed in bright African style clothes which are easy to make and not expensive. However, the service was excellent even though she didn't speak any English and I had to translate! While we were looking at the menu she brought us a sample of Fu Fu which are small sweet plantain bites which were very tasty! We had some questions about the menu and the server, Elisabeth was very knowledgeable but only Spanish speaking! We both chose the Sea Bass ( Mero) on trifongo of yuca, and sweet and green plantain ) I am not a big fan of Mofongo but this was the most delicious I have ever tasted. The sauce was coconut curry which had my tastebuds partying in my mouth. It was absolutely FANTASTIC. The portion was huge and beautifully plated. A glass of South African Merlot was the perfect accompaniment. We forced ourselves to eat the fried cheesecake with ice cream, whipped cream and a shot of Baileys and honey poured over the top!! A million calories but hey... Totally worth it!
Congratulations to the Chef .... You are a Star!! Would not hesitate in returning and will recommend Fu Fu to everyone!! WELL DONE!!!

Isabela Puerto Rico
“FuFu, something new.”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

It was a group of friends I went with on Saturday, September 14th. We chose FuFu because it was african themed, different from the criollo.
Feel: The ambiance was cool, low lighting, with a colorful, a really unique tree coming from the wall. I really liked the decor and feel, it was also quite clean. Definitely important. There is an glass paned area to see into the kitchen. That is always a good sign bc that means they have nothing to hide. I thought that was a good feature as well. The thing that was a little difficult in FuFu was talking. The acoustics are...not so great. There was a lot of noise from surrounding tables so it was difficult to hear the person sitting next to you. Also, lots of families, but please, hire a babysitter for the people with a crying baby.

Food: The food was good. Everyone in the group loved their meals, we were pleasantly surprised. The prices of entrees were $19-25. Appetizers, which was enough to fill me, were from $5-21. There was plenty of fish options for pescaterians, and at least a couple of options for vegetarians, though I am not sure if there were an for vegans. They also provided a plate of "on the house" fufu for the table. That was also a really nice touch. Not many places provide that here in PR. Good job, FuFu.

Service: The waitress was really nice. But, the service was not rapido. The food came in good time, however the waitress didn't take our drink orders until we had waited 20 minutes. Just wanted water. When the pitcher of water finally did come, it was not refilled until after we finished and were about to leave, so basically we were all thirsty nearly the entire time. That is my biggest complaint. I like to have water to drink when I eat. Please get on the drinks for your customers!

• Visited September 2013
“Not quite there yet...”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I took my family because I wanted to Try the fufu experience. The place is linda cozy and the art in the walls are pretty enjoyable. On the other hand the service is terrible and AKWARD beyond words. They gave me the impresion that it was the first time serving tables. Apart that Bad representation the food was Good, the family had, the mero with the coconut curry sauce and trifongo, the chicken with garlic and cilantro cream (the chicken was a little dry) and a i had the mignon with spicy hummus and blackbean manposteao.

• Visited September 2013