“Good rate, nice property, ok rooms”
Review of Parador El Faro

Parador El Faro
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Aguadilla
Albany, NY
“Good rate, nice property, ok rooms”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed here one night. The grounds were very nice, and the cafe had a nice breakfast. The rooms were ok and fairly clean. They seemed to have been renovated recently. But the bed was very uncomfortable. I had originally been worried that there were gaps around the door/windows. But we didn't have any bug problems.Ok for one night...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NYtravelers_111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lakeland, Florida, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed there 4 nights and 5 days-first day checking in there was no towels in the room, no phone service, although the phone was present (maybe for looks?!?) in general the room was a mess and looked horrible. Changed rooms the next day but to my surprise after I had put the do not disturb sign on the door, the cleaning crew still came into my room and someone stole my son's ipod and tablet. They did however, found the ipod behind a table, which I am still trying to figure out how did it get there when I put it in one of the suitcases....hmmm a miracle!!! wow... But never found the tablet!! I told the front desk person, called the police and filed a report. The management never called me to apologize nor did they compensate me. I am still trying to get a hold of the manager, Ramon Ruiz, who is well aware of this issue, never contacted me in reference to this horrible experience at the place he is in charge of.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Myra_Ken

Travellers are raving about these Aguadilla hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly front desk staff. Due to complications at the car rental location, we arrived hours after our schedule arrival time. The lady at the front desk assured me that our room would be held for us. The facility was clean and the pool was clean. The only inconvenience was that we had to carry our heavy suitcases up the stairs because no elevator was available.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank familytrips733
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2013

The bad and ugly: I stayed here with my brother for his birthday weekend. When we arrived I asked the front desk for ajoining rooms as my brother was traveling with his wife and daughter. The response we got was "very difficult" instead of saying "lets see what we can do". After a while we got our keys and the rooms were next to each other but not ajoining. My big surprise came when I opened the door to my room. Old TV, mismatched furniture and wires coming out of the walls. I checked to call the front desk and the phone did not work.

Now to the good: The onsite restaurant was great. I ate breakfast every morning and I got great service and the food was hot and fresh. We ate there for dinner and the fish in garlic sauce was excellent. The desserts were to die for as they serve fresh guava in light sauce with white PR cheese. I still can taste it, it was that good. The late staff allowed us to use the pool late into the night.

Room Tip: Get the rooms near the second pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank badboyz003
San Juan, null, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 30 March 2013

The hotel is fairly cheap and the pool is nice. 80 % of the rooms look like they we decorated in 1980 while a couple of the new one have modern looking amenities. The coup de etat is that those 80% of the rooms have solar panel water heaters. So if there is no sun, you are takibg baths in ice cold water. Plus I asked the staff three times to fix the hot water and they never said a thing. Only after they saw that I was mad they told me it was solar heated which bye the way is not described in the webpage anywhere. My tv had to be smacked s couple of times before it worked even though I informed it at the front desk and they told they were sending someone. Still waiting.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with electric water heaters
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Franciscotorosantos
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We got there early they let us check in before 3pm very nice people front desk the room was a decent size big bathroom very nice pool close to all stores and beaches. we stayed there for 6 nights and we have no problem going back. they do need get better pillows and upgrade hot water. recomment 100 % ac is excellent.

Room Tip: single room are nicer than the double
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

I stay there my first night in Puerto Rico and it was very clean, had breakfast at restaurant very good food, excellent costumer service, lady at desk was so worry cause my rental car shuttle was late, i ask her to call a taxi for me cause of the delay and she call instead to the rental car to see why they was late, and resolve the problem right away, i sleep there on my last night at the island and the experience was the same with the diferent crew (night crew) for less than $100 is a very good place to stay.No complain.

• Stayed February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aguadilla
Courtyard Aguadilla
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Villa Cofresi Hotel
#1 of 8 in Rincon
Parador Villa Antonio

Been to Parador El Faro? Share your experiences!