“Great Dive Shop!”

Aquatica Dive and Surf
Ranked #2 of 10 Tours in Aguadilla
More attraction details
Owner description: Established since 1987 and endorsed by the Puerto Rico Tourism Co., we offer scuba, surf and stand up paddleboard lessons, tours and sales in the Aguadilla and Isabela areas. Best prices in town! Professional and friendly staff. Representatives of major brands such as Atomic Aquatics, CressiSub, Costa del Mar , Olukai and more....
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I live in NY and have been diving for three years and have a bunch of certifications (Open, Advanced, Rescue, etc.) and have a had a bunch of guides and people i have encountered in scuba. Jose and Karen were both courteous, fun and Jose was a great guide when dove Shacks. Also included in the package were great photos he took of me while exploring. I would recommend this Dive Shop to anyone.
- Justin

3  Thank TheFartbox

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We could not have had a better guide than Jose. This was my first time scuba diving and the first time in 30 years my husband dove. Jose was patient and clear in his instructions and demonstrations. It didn't take long for us to get the hang of it and get out to Crash Boat beach. I've never has such a surreal experience. The tropical fish and reefs were stunning. I highly recommend anyone both experienced or not to visit Aquatica for your scuba diving vacation.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I live in Puerto Rico and mostly every year my family goes on vacation to the Isabela-Aguadilla area. I always plan at least one dive during this time. For the last 8-10 years or so I have done different dives with Aquatica and they are the best. Very friendly, helpful, good equipment and with reasonable prices. They know the area and best places to go depending on conditions and how jammed with people the spots could be. I just stayed this week in a beachfront house at afrodisiac Shacks Beach and did one dive with Jose, the owner. We also coordinated for a stand-up paddleboard lesson for me, my 17 year old daughter and her best two friends. Everything was awesome!!! The lessons and sup trip was with Jose's son, Ike, who was incredibly friendly, helpful and patient. If you plan to go to this beautiful area, this people can handle ammost everything water related...scuba, paddleboard, surfing, snorkling...they have it all.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Once a year my wife and I try to travel to Puerto Rico, to visit friends and family and do some serious diving. This year we were, able to plan a one month diving vacation in Puerto Rico. As always, we get our gear from Jose and Karen at Aquatica in Aguadilla. There is no other place like them, they have always made us feel at home when we visit the shop and treat us like part of the family, and always make sure that all your needs are satisfied; their customer service is number one. Recently, I purchased two Atomic Cobalt dive computers from them, and because of an issue at the factory, we did not get them before we were schedule to depart the island. Jose and Karen followed up on our computers and kept us informed every step of the way as to where were our computers, making sure that we received our computer without any further issues. As far as knowledge and professionalism, I can honestly say they are second to none. I have been diving for 14 years and I have met a lot of dive masters and shop owners some memorable and some ... not so much (with a wife who is new to SCUBA, there are very few people that I trust whenit come to her diving, Jose and Karen are number one on this list) I can honestly say the professionalism, experience and knowledge that Jose possesses, is impresive and having him acompany us in a dive guarantees your dive will be memorable and safe one. Our last dive of the trip was a small coral cave dive in the Isabela coast, and we arranged this dive through Aquatica. In this dive we had had beginner divers on their first dive since completing open water cert, something I would have had an issue with if had been any other dive master, but since it was Jose, we where in good hands, so I kicked back and relaxed. Prior to the dive Jose, went above and beyond what most people cover in for safety prior to a dive trip, and covered how he expected the beginners to dive and where he wanted them in the pack. Through the dive Jose was not only a good leader but made sure that all divers where comfortable with the enclosed surrounding which provide for a safe diving experience for all. We are already planning our next diving trip to Puerto Rico, and rest assure that we will not dive with anyone else but with the staff at Aquatica… in our opinion, there is simple no one else we will trust.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Went to Puerto Rico with 7 friends for a "Dive Trip". Basically we went in cold and just happen by Aquatica Dive and Surf. We struck gold. Jose and Karen were the best. Couldn't be more helpful, friendly and very fair and reasonably priced. Our group included "just Certified" Divers to intermediate. We all had a great time. Great Dives!. From Blue Hole to Crash Boat to The Wall to Candy Land. One was better then the other. I can't wait to go back.