“Excellent hotel & location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Aguadilla

Courtyard Aguadilla
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Aguadilla
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Excellent hotel & location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

The best option in the west side of PR. I'm stay here 2 times in different dates and the hotel is excellent. The rooms are super clean and the beds super confortable , the pool area is great, the casino is good. Fast cheking with a welcome drinks! Nice gym and big parking! Near crash boat beach, jobos and steps to Rafael Hernandez International airport.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
EAST HAMPTON, CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed five days. The hotel is not conveniently located near much, and you will need a car to get to everything. The rooms were clean and nice, but the food in the restaurant is both expensive and terrible. There were meals when I could not even eat the food. Good was just a bland meal, but for the most part it tasted awful. Our room overlooked the pool. Some nights, the music played loudly into the night, and that made sleeping difficult. Also, partying on Saturday night got loud. We were scuba diving and had to get up early to travel to Rincon to dive. We did not appreciate the noise. They should have let us know when we checked in that this might be an issue so we had the option to take another room.

The one time that we sat by the pool, a family was in the pool throwing a little girl up in the air repeatedly. She eventually threw up in the pool. The family left the mess and did nothing to clean it up--even tell the staff. So needless to say, the thought of getting into the pool was completely gone! Yuck!

The staff is very friendly and nice, and there are beautiful beaches nearby such as Crash Boat Beach. For a small fee, you can spend the day, and enjoy a really nice beach with easy diving off the pier. Around 5 p.m., you can be entertained by "Harry, the Pelican Wisperer." His pelicans are really cool.

I would not stay here again. There are other hotels which offer more.

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the poolside if you might be getting to bed early. It can be noisy.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Carlos R, General Manager at Courtyard Aguadilla, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest
I want to thankyou for filling out this survey.
Your comments have been shared with all
Managers departments in order for them to
Know the areas of opportunities we have to
Improve our quality and service. Your
Comments about the food in the restaurant
Were a surprise for me, we have always great
Comments about our food but we have anyway
Started to monitor our food quality.
Once again, thankyou for staying with us and
Please accept my apologies.
Kind Regards

Started an
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

The hotel is located in the West coast of Puerto Rico (Aguadilla) inside of what was a former U.S. Air Force base (Ramey), approx. 1 hour 50 min. The former military runway is now use for commercial flights. This is a plus for this hotel. It's not a beach front hotel, nor does it have breathtaking views, but its an excellent hotel to use for business stays, or tourists who want to have a base camp with all the much needed comforts of a very respectable hotel chain, after driving to the multiple beautiful west coast points of interests and beach hopping activities. There are very few hotels, or hardly any, with the amenities and comfort that the Marriott Courtyard Aguadilla can offer in this area of PR. My family visited many beaches and historical points of interests, and hiked many trails also in the Isabela, Rincon, Aguada, and Aguadilla regional areas, and it was always great to come back to the Courtyard after tiring activities. The hotel has a convenient casino as an additional amenity for adults.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Carlos R, General Manager at Courtyard Aguadilla, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thankyou for taking out of your busy schedule to complete this survey.
In Courtyard by Marriott our guest is our priority and we do a great job maintaining the property for your delight. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed the beauty of our beaches like Crash Boat, jobos and others, it seems you had a great time and that makes us happy.
In Courtyard by Marriott Aguadilla we will always be waiting for you, save my email and feel free to contact us for a future visit. it will be my pleasure to assit you.
Kind Regards,
Norwalk, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel is just a hop and a skip from the airport in Aguadilla. The staff was very friendly and their espresso coffee was great. The room was a nice size and the king size bed was very comfortable. My only complaint, if you can call it one is the water pressure wasn't that great but it wasn't something to call the front desk about. I would definitely stay their again due to the accessibility and location of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lcuevas915
Carlos R, General Manager at Courtyard Aguadilla, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Good day I Cuevas

I am very pleased knowing you had a pleasant stay in the Courtyard by Marriott of Aguadilla.
Our goal in Courtyard by Marriott Aguadilla is to assure you as our guest and now as our friend, you take home a great experience and some great memories of what can have been your vacations or business trip. Here in Aguadilla we will always be waiting for you.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Less than pleasant. While it's the only hotel in Aguadilla, it's easy to be fooled to stay here. No hot water, missing toiletries in the bathroom, hallways were full of broken and rusted AC units being repaired. Not even that, if you can manage to call the front desk and actually have them pick up the phone, you're lucky. I had to call 5 times for front desk to pick up. I told them about the hot water and three times they told me someone was on their way to check it but never arrived. They also refused to honor my included breakfast in my rate. I had to literally go to one of their own computers, print up my reservation and take it to the front desk to show them. The lady there scoffed and without even apologizing for her error, said "oh this is proof, now I can give you the breakfast voucher." As if they didn't even know what was included on my reservation. Breakfast is horrible for the price, nothing was cooked right. Even the made-to-order omelets were mysteriously being taken to the back of the kitchen to be made somewhere else. If you look American, expect the locals to be attended to first, it's shocking. I had to get up and get my own coffee and drinks.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Pntonio
Carlos R, General Manager at Courtyard Aguadilla, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Mr. James
First of all I want to take this opportunitie to thank you for taking out of your time to express your feelings about your stay in Courtyard by Marriott Agaudilla. I want to offer you a sincere apology for the inconvenance you incountered. I am not happy knowing we did not meet your expectations which is our main goal. It is my responsability to share your comments with the rest of the staff for them to all know what opportunities we have to improve our service for your next visit. Yes I invite you to to give us a second chance to demonstrate you that we did listen to your comments and that we can do it better, no matter who you are or where you come from we will always be there for you.
Feel free to contact me at any time for a future visit I will be more than happy to take personal care of you and your party.
Once again I hope you accept my apology, you and your buisness are very important for us and we want you back.

Kind Regards
Freeport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Staff was very accommodating and friendly. Pools were the best part of staying here. Ate breakfast and lunch at hotel restaurant. Food ok. Didn't go to casino since I was with my kids. But the live music which can be heard on second floor hallway was "happening". This hotel also has a David's Cookie - delicious but a bit pricey.self parked for $8 a day. Didn't even notice if there were security. This courtyard met my expectation.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Widalys Q
Carlos R, General Manager at Courtyard Aguadilla, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you for taking out of your time to answer this service survey. We are happy to know you enjoed your stay with us. Our mission is to make a freind out of our guest, and make sure we meet thiere expectations.
Thankyou for choosing us, and we hope to see you soon again.
Kind regards,
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I had a bad experience with the service in this hotel I booked an dinner to celebrate my wedding and things ran very badly. First they never awser the phone. I arrange so they would receive the cake and was their job to put it together but the day of the wedding they didn't know nothing about the arrangement(which I pay) in the kitchen. Then I pay for the waiters to serve the food but no one knew about it. I order four special plates prior to the activity and the did not about it either. The problem wasn't with rhe restaurant it was with the management that they didn't implement the details of the contract that I signed and pay money for that service.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank James A
Good Day
Thank you for contacting us on this channel. I will look over your activity and see what occured , for you having to write such a bad review about Courtyard by Marriott Aguadilla. As soon as I have more information I will request the sales department your information so I can contact you directly by phone.
It will be my pleasure to talk to you.

Kind Regards,

Carlos Rosas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aguadilla
Parador El Faro
Hotel Colombus
Hotel Colombus
#1 of 2 in Aguada
Holiday Inn Mayaquez & Tropical Casino

Been to Courtyard Aguadilla? Share your experiences!