“Service outstanding from checkin to checkout”

Courtyard Aguadilla
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Aguadilla
Iowa City, Iowa
“Service outstanding from checkin to checkout”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Hotel is located in the middle of the old Ramey base and a little difficult to find although Suri got us there. We booked because we had award certificates and needed something on this end of the island. We did not care for our first room as the windows were frosted over, I"m not sure it was even an outside window, kind of odd. However, the hotel moved us immediately upon request to a room with real windows looking outside. Really exceptional front desk staff. Nice pool. Service was excellent at breakfast. Very clean. Easy drive to Arecibo observatory from here. It has a casino.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bluestocking78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Every time I visit this property the entire staff from front desk, lobby restaurant, all the way to the casino are more than friendly and accommodating. Property wise its always clean, the pool area as well. The only thing is the size of the towels in the pool area are small for when your drying yourself they look like hand towels, but other than that great.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Juana Diaz, PR, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Went during this last weekend for my daugter Jr Prom. The costumer service of everyone working there was excellent. It is a medium size hotel (it was the base hospital) in a middle of the old Ramey AFB in Aguadilla, PR. If your are traveling to PR trough BQN airport you are less than 5 minutes away from the hotel. Good place to stay with family. The pool area is mainly designed for kids although you have a separate pool, not deep, for adults. Only one restaurant, but an excellent one, with down to earth prices and excellent waiter service. It has a casino, rec. room, bar and David's Cookies stand where you can enjoy a good coffee and/or pastries.
If you want to explore PR this is a good middle of the island point to start. You can either enjoy your trip cruising the north or west coasts of PR or even better both. The best beaches of PR are on the west side of the island. And if you are in the Surfing mode you are between 20 or 30 minutes away from the one of the best beaches of the world for surffing at Rincon, PR.

Room Tip: If you have a big family they have 6 Suites that can handle between 6 and 9 people. The rest of the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Edwin L
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We spent 8 days diving/driving the Island, and this was one of our stops on our trip. We stayed here to redeem some ecertificates during our stay as I am a Marriott Gold Member. The staff at this site is exceptional, super helpful, and very friendly! Very pleased. This location has a large pool and waterpark making it an optimal location for families and children. During our stay, there was a large pool party for children and a job fair or conference, so a lot of related activity at the hotel. The fitness center was not clean and a disappointment. Our room, similar to other reviews I read, did have a musty smell to it. We were first given a room that was street side, which had a lot of noise. We requested a different room and were quickly accommodated, which was much better. There is a casino on site if you wish to visit, restaurant and David's Cookies, with coffee/snacks, also very friendly staff. The location is odd, not near town or other amenities and although well marked/signed, would otherwise be hard to find as it is centered amidst the old base and residential area. Also note, wifi is good, but the computer in the business center is quite slow and the other was nonoperational. Airport is close, so convenient if you are flying from Aguadilla. Although the staff was super friendly, we opted to abbreviate our stay and change lodging to be closer to the beach and have a better location.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jodi R
Carlos R, General Manager at Courtyard Aguadilla, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking out of your time to answer this service survey. Your comments are very appreciated qnd will be shared with the guest service commitie in order to reinforse the areas where we can do better.
I want to thank you for choosing The Courtyard by Marriott Aguadilla and we hope to see you soon.
Puerto Rico
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel is located in a difficult place to find even if you have previously visited the Ramey base. I was surprised how good the place is, the room and beds are very comfortable, although I find the price a little expensive per night. Breakfast is excellent, and the community pool area is great for kids. Although this hotel is more for business people, because there is not much to do in the surrounding area, not unless you want to play golf, my son enjoy big!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Puerto Rico
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I returned to The Marriott from May 13-14th and was PLESANTLY surprised with the new front desk personnel and Front desk manager at the time (Jimmy Sepulveda). I explained that i was hoping I have a better stay than the one I had back in Decemeber. He was so sincerly apologetic. He explained that there has been many changes and you can notice them once you go to the rooms. The rooms were cleaner, everything was in working order (INCLUDING THE LOCKS!) and the air conditioner as well. I was very pleased with my room. I was looking for things to do in the area since i went with my family, so I asked if there was Helicopter rides near, he soon called a person he recommended and I had that set in motion quickly! I couldnt thank him enough! Right there at the airport, and very nice humble pilot name "Pedro", he explained everything we were viewing! It was a short 15 min ride near the shore and some old spanish ruins, which Id have never known or seen by car. After the tour I was curious enough to want to see these ruins up close and once again he informed me how to get there and the safest hours to be there. I was so pleased! I never complaint about the restrurant and Ive always gone there for dinner, so again, thats where i went for dinner and loved it. Had the special which included 2 meals for $30.00 which was great, and it included dessert! The pools as always were clean, so after dinner a dip in the pool was refreshing! The maintenance personnel were helpful and so sweet. She was cleaning up by the pool area, and seeing i was with a 2 month old baby, offered to get the towels for me, which that was very very helpful! Hopefully this hotel will continue to maintain this gem of a place in working order and the personnel will continue to be helpful and plesant! Im so pleased with the changes in personnel!!! THANK YOU for a great time!

Room Tip: 3rd floor has the refridgerators in the rooms while the 2nd floor has the laundry facilities, but no...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gypsy P
Melbourne
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Being a long standing Hilton Honors member, I rarely stay anywhere that isn't a Hilton family hotel. In this particular case I had to because there was no Hilton, not even a Hampton Inn. I thought the hotel was overpriced but then again, they are right next to the airport and only minutes from dropping off my rental car at 2 a.m.. So convenience played a large part in my decision to stay there. I had no help with luggage and the location for the door to the tower away from the casino was very inconvenient. Having said all that, the room, especially the bathroom was very nice and quiet.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FLAGIRLMelbourne
Carlos R, General Manager at Courtyard Aguadilla, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Good Morning
Thank you for taking out of your time to complete this survey.I want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide you with our facilities and service during your short stay, since you said you were a Hilton Honor guest. Here at Courtyard by Marriott Aguadilla , our goal is to make a friend out of our guest and make sure next time you want to return and stay a little longer in order for you to be able to enjoy a great experience in our property our beaches and surroundings. So feel free to communicate with me at any time, it will be my pleasure to assist you personally.
Once again, thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Aguadilla.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aguadilla
Parador El Faro
Parador Villas del Mar Hau
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Villa Cofresi Hotel
#1 of 8 in Rincon

Been to Courtyard Aguadilla? Share your experiences!