“Liked the hotel, very nice.”

Courtyard Aguadilla
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Aguadilla
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here from 7 -10 August 2014, overall everything was very nice. Hotel is very pretty, pool looked bigger in pictures but it alright. Kids pool was very nice. Loved the atmosphere during the night, Friday and Saturday there was live music, people danced. Loved the casino, Saturday it was really packed. Closed to the hotel you have different restaurants, the mall is nearby and what I like the most is that the beach (Crash Boat) is very close. Looking forward to visiting the hotel again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank alvaraj
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Aguadilla

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I booked a deal on bookit.com. I found a better room 15 minutes later. I cancelled and found out you cant get a refund no matter what. 15 minutes later they can keep your money no questions ask.
I called hotel and they pretty much said to bad. We have your money and good bye.
Never dealt with such a greedy company. 600 bucks is a lot of money to keep from a customer that didn't even stay with your hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Daniel B
Carlos R, General Manager at Courtyard Aguadilla, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest
As we are understanding on behalf of the notification done in this channel, you booked an online non refundable reservation. As you know, this channel you booked your reservation is a third party site and before it gives you a confirmation number it awares you of the penalties it takes if you cancel. As you said, $600 is a lot of money and things are not to good to loose money like that. I suggest you with all respect ,not to cancell the resrvation you had done in order to be able to use this money you have paid on front already. I dont know how much cheaper you found another rate, but to loose six hudred is better to loose that extra discount you found found 15mts later.
I really apologize since hotel can not do much in these third party deals. I hope you stick in with the deal you had as I said above in order not to loose your money.
If there is any thing we can do for you please contact us any time.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Attention General Manager / Front Desk and Maintenance:

I choose this hotel because I lived in the area for 18 years and decided to bring my family. I now live in Miami and I travel extensively. I need to inform you that I stayed at your hotel for 5 nights: from Sunday July 27 to August 1. During my stay I experienced the following:
1. I stayed in room 367 – 3rd floor
2. During my stay, I reported multiple times to the front desk and housekeepers the following:
a. The room was only done 2 times out of the 5 nights I was at the hotel. The sheets were never changed. When I got to the hotel the first night, (Monday July 28 at 4:00am). I had a slight nose bleed that left a few spots on the sheets. When I left on Friday morning they were still there.
b. The bathroom floor were not being mopped, there was sand and hair on the floor. It seems to me that the only thing being done was changing the towels. One of the 2 plastic wrapped cups that were in the bathroom was used. A second cup was never replaced during my stay. The sink drain had a big chunk of I guess something that looked like a big chunk of white gum. It was never removed.
c. The a/c unit was leaking and the leak increased the last 2 days. The rug was wet (soaked) and left like that.
d. The halls on the 3rd floor were filthy dirty, with multiple plastic wraps thrown through the halls and candy (M&M’s) that were on the same location next to the elevators for 5 days. The halls were never vacuumed. When I addressed it to several of the house keepers, there reaction was that they would notify someone about it. Nothing ever got done. That means no manager or maintenance supervisor walked the property to ensure things were done right.
e. The common areas of the hotel were very clean, same as the restaurant. The visitors may be impressed, however, for the guests that pay for room and service, the attention to details and room cleanliness was very poor. This hotel, does not meet the criteria of a Marriott Courtyard.
f. Furthermore, when I went on Thursday night to the front desk, because our keys no longer worked, the front desk agent was on her cell phone texting. She seemed overwhelmed and said that they were trying to resolve a situation.

Every employee I spoke to had a different answer, and no one was proactive. Even though I complaint several times, I never got a follow up call from anyone. It is not the guests problems if you choose to run a hotel understaffed. It is truly a loss! I do not recommend this hotel. I encourage you to review the standards of a Courtyard Marriott and retrain your managers and supervisors, as well as the staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Liz F

Dear Guest
First of all I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. We take pride in what we do and we have many standards to keep up with, that is why these surveys are so important for us. Your comments will be shared with the rest of the team and believe me action will be taken. You can feel free to contact me directly for a future reservation, yes because I want you back in my hotel. I will make sure you experience a stay away from home as you deserve and expect. I know that at this moment you are not happy with the experience you have had with us but as it is my responsability to take good care of my guest and provide great experiences I want to make sure you do come back.
At Courtyard by Marriott Aguadilla, we will always waiting for you.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 5 August 2014

So different from stay 2 years previously. I had called the hotel several days events and request one of the rooms with the walk-in tile shower like I previously had when I stayed before. To be sure that my request was clear I called back on my day of arrival and ask again I was told by the front desk everything was all set and that was it have similar suite on the "new" section and that I had the walk-in shower this was not the case...even at the clarifying.
Overall the rooms are fine and the beddings okay but service and cleanliness needs immediate action or block of instruction for the housekeeping staff on cleanliness standards.
Unlike other reviewer's we had an excellent meal and one of the cooks have even come from the back to see how we enjoyed a meal. What a great touch. She was very delightful, spoke warmly of the place, on how things are changing and getting better and new things at the Marriott were thinking about doing. Good promotion and passionate.
So on our next visit to the restaurant, 3 days later,we asked for the young lady who cooked meal previously and we were told by the staff that she was let go? So and ambassador of your hotel who welcomes guests, cooks,promotes your hotel has great customer service is who they choose to let go? Really? Wow.
As we settle down we noticed how much warmer it was beginning to get in the room. Calling the front desk we explained that the air conditioning unit wasn't functioning. We waited a few hours and then called again with still no resolution. So finally I went down to ask before we took off for some golfing. The front desk again said that they would send someone to fix it. They didn't and never did nor did they ever call to ask about the AC.
I'm Cuban,but you couldn't tell by looking at me, so I speak and understand Spanish very well. So I overheard the conversation in Spanish that clearly they knew that the air conditioning unit in this room wasn't working so we're stuck out was the attempt to talk over someone's head in a different language, and no offers to send someone to repair it a move us to another room.
I am a Marriott member and I'm sad to say that on my next visit to aguadilla Puerto Rico, I'm not sure this'll be one of the places I will consider. Corporate branding is about consistent standards and meeting and exceeding customer standards and I'm not sure if this courtyard Marriott has that quite down yet.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Lucas D

Dear Guest
Today I want to take this opportunity to thank you for giving us such important feedback. As you well know these surveys are very important for us and we take them very serious. I am very glad you did enjoy your dinner at our RB restaurant. As you well said, we are changing many things and for that we need engaged asociates that are commited with us and with you our guest now our friend. Yes our main goal is to make a friend out of a guest and make you feel like home and I am here to make sure this really happens . So please feel free to contact me directly for your next visit, I will personally take care of you and make sure you feel home away from home with people who care about you and your needs.
In The Courtyard by Marriott Aguadilla, my self as the GM for this property and all my asociates will be waiting for you.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This Marriott is away from San Juan, tucked away in Aguadilla near University of Puerto Rico.
It is a nice, modern hotel with small casino. The restaurant was actually good and not too expensive. This is close to the Aguadilla airport. If you are coming from the states and want to get away from the cities, fly into Aguadilla instead of San Juan.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rmonroe820
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed here on business twice because this is the only Marriott or Hilton property nearby. There are no other name brand hotels. People told me this used to be a hospital and it's creepy, but I'm a single female staying alone and I never felt creeped out. Nothing weird happened to me. It was perfectly fine and it doesn't look or feel like a hospital. I noticed a lot of good feedback on the service. I will say, I travel on business, and I finished my work early one day, so I came back to the hotel at 1:15pm and the manager let me check out that day without any penalty. This meant a lot to me because it meant I could go home a day early.

However, regarding the restaurant: I won't eat there again. If you go for dinner, you will wait forever for you food even though it's not a busy restaurant, and the food is just not good. One night I ordered room service after I realized how long I would have to sit in the restaurant waiting for my food (sitting in my hotel room seemed much more comfortable, at least), and I ordered pasta thinking that there's no way you can screw up pasta, but they did! It was INEDIBLE. I threw it away. Do yourself a favor and plan ahead so you don't end up eating at the hotel's restaurant. You will regret it.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise, ask for a room away from the pool. They play music at the pool and ther...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Carlos R, General Manager at Courtyard Aguadilla, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback regarding your last stay with us. We are very happy your experience in th Courtyard by Marriott Aguadilla was better than you expected. Everyone has a different perseptions and can see the same thing in different ways and you your perception of the hispital creepy story they had told you was not seen that way by you, reason why I say its all about perceptions. Your feedback on our restaurant will be shared with our F&B department and cotrective adjustments will be done. All of our guest feedback and recomendations are seen by us as opportunities to do better in different areas, fix what needs to be fixed, and keep doing better what we are doing right. Our Guest satisfaction is very important and I am responsable to make sure my asociates make that diliver as you my guest expect, so please save my information and feel free to contact me directly for that future visit. It will be my pleasure to assist you.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for 2 days, the room was average motel style, the service at the bar of the casino was excellent.
Good place to hang out, great music.
The bartenders are really attentive.
The restaurant in front of the pool has really slow service.
To much locals i think this is because of the casino.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Nixmarie B
Carlos R, General Manager at Courtyard Aguadilla, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

First of all I want to thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Aguadilla. We are very happy to know you enjoyed several areas of the hotel as it was our B52 bar and our Ocean Casino. We take pride in providing a great experience and we hope that on your next visit you will be able to visit some other outlets of the hotel and as well be able to give us your feedback. In the Courtyard by Marriott we are alays open to listen to our guest and recomendations they do, those are seen as areas of opportunities in order to make adjustments and make out of your future stay a memorable one. Please save my information and feel free to contact me in the future. I will be more than happy to assit you.
Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aguadilla
Parador El Faro
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Villa Cofresi Hotel
#1 of 7 in Rincon
Parador Villas del Mar Hau

Been to Courtyard Aguadilla? Share your experiences!