“romantic”

Mamacitas Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #1 of 1 Nightlife in Culebra
More attraction details
Owner description: Caribbean style restaurant open 7 days a week. We specialize in American, Puerto Rican & Seafood.
Escanaba, Michigan
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“romantic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

This place was under new management when we went there, it was as good if not better than it was rated before . You can sit right by the water and watch tarpen play in the lighted water. If your lucky like we were a green sea turtle paid visit . Would highly recommend this place for the entire family . Just watch your young ones so they don't go swimming with the fishes .

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Bill L

Recife, PE
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Food was not bad but VERY overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

The place is beautiful and the positive side is that when everything else is closed in Culebra you can count on Mamacita's being open.

However, the food is pricey and not a good value for your money. We ordered penne pasta with shrimp and alfredo sauce. The shrimp were of the pre-frozen kind, the sauce was right out of a jar- the dish was ok, certainly eatable when everything else in the island is closed, but nothing to write home about. Our other dish was the steak with Chimuchurri sauce, and, again, it was fine, but not great.

I understand that prices are a bit higher on Culebra due to the transportation costs, but for the quality of the food received the dishes were definitely overpriced.

Visited September 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Up and coming restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and service, prime location with lively ambiance. New ownership to re-open in November with new menu. Promises to be another great place to eat while in Culebra

Visited August 2013
1 Thank rcolonpr
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I liked the place, but the food... not so much!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

I visited Mamacitas for dinner although I liked the place, the food was not that great and the service either. I ordered the Mofongo de Pana with Shrimps. I liked the mofongo but the shrimps did not have any sauce and I was still hungry afterwards. I also tried the desert and did not enjoy it. The food was expensive and the service was very slow and lacking.

Visited July 2013
Mexico
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“The change of management has seen this place go down hill!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

We were always fans of Mamacita's and loved the food and the staff. However since the change of management, in my opinion it has deteriorated. When my wife and I went there for lunch there was only one table full. The waitress wasnt too sure of the menu and didnt have any of the wines on the wine list as they were waiting for a delivery. We decided we would leave and as we had already ordered a drink from the bar, went to the bar to collect the drink and pay for it. They charged a very high New York style price for a very small drink. Sorry but the change is not for us.
the staff did not have the friendly way as before and the music was loud and unbecoming of a family style restaurant and bar.

Visited May 2013