“The best on Culebra” 5 of 5 bubbles

Susie's restaurant
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Culebra
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Puerto Rican
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hanalei, Hawaii
“The best on Culebra”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Oh Susie's. The atmosphere is amazing with the open air restaurant. The food was amazing. The people that work there are some of the best people on the island. I met the owner Susie herself she was very friendly and got to have a long talk with her she was a very very kind woman. While dining there with a party of eight others I had met on the island I was able to try numerous dishes prepared by Susie's chefs and it was some of the best food I've ever had. I particularly liked the chicken breast served on top of mashed potatoes with an amazing sauce. Quite possibly the best meal I've ever had. Everything had a lot of flavor. This restaurant is one of the nicer ones on the island is great for a dinner out or a large party or reception.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank SunnyBeachDay

Westminster, Maryland
“Best food ever in my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Susie's is truly one of a kind. The food is AMAZING....the best I've ever had. The staff was very nice and friendly. The service wad excellent and the atmosphere has such a charming ambiance. The best appetizers were the African Pepperdews stuffed with asiago cheese and prosciutto with smoked sausage, and the salmon tartare with mashed avocados. The portion sizes were more than enough and the dessert choices were excellent. Highly recommend the double chocolate cake! We dined at Susie's twice because it was so good, and can't wait to go back!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Abbey B
Richmond, Virginia
“Enjoyed our visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Good food that was well prepared. Hopefully the addition will help on rainy nights. We were there on a rainy night, but the staff helped up find dry seating and everything was ok.

Visited April 2014
Austin
“Amazing food, great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Having dinner at Susie's is a MUST when visiting Culebra. The atmosphere is wonderful, staff is courteous, and food is AMAZING. The crema de yuca is to die for. My husband and I ate here the night we got engaged and again 2 days before our wedding on Playa Flamenco. We met Susie at the later visit and she was so sweet.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wonderful meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We had eaten downtown for most of our lunches/dinners but knew Susie's schedule was odd, so we called and got a reservation on a Monday. My boyfriend and I ordered the seared tuna with caviar appetizer and had to have said "this is so good" like 5 times (my boyfriend isn't really a fish eater either). I ordered the stuffed grouper with the island mash and I devoured the entire meal (which I rarely ever do). It was so tasty. BF ordered the lamb chops and I've never had lamb that was so tender.

The outdoor set up was really cool, very unique. Do bring bug spray!

Visited March 2014