“Generously-served local food in a local-ambient setting”
Review of El Batey - CLOSED

El Batey
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I went to El Batey for a late dinner and they served good local food in generous amounts. It is an open place so heat is a little trouble. The environment needs some improvements. Overall this is more a local-ambient restaurant than a charming gourmet place but you can expect good food.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

When I saw the place I thought "It's empty" but when we order it was the best food that I eat all weeken! We were a group of 7 and one order "Chuletas Can Can" he said it was delicious! My hubby, my cousins and my other two friends eat "Chillo" a fish it was the best and I eat a Chicken breast with rice and beans and baked potated; with all the power like I say and It was more yummy the price!!! In Mamacita's we spend over $100 every two person and here my hubby and me spend only $30 for more quality food and more amount. I highly recommend this place!!!

1  Thank Yaidy R
Reviewed 25 July 2014

yes "bring your own beer". we ate at this place twice. to us everything we had as excellent. home made burgers are good nice 6,8 and 10 ounces you pick. rice and beans. the menu is very extensive. they do not sale beer. but if you have any in you rental or backpack no problem you can bring it in.

2  Thank papo55
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Even if you notice that the place its empty you should honestly try their buguers, they are juicy and flavorfull. The fish burger was an unexpected nice surprise, tender and delicious. I highly recommend it.

2  Thank Alicia P
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is a very local place in Culebra, I think most of the time is open. I went there with my boyfriend on our last day in the island and on a mission to find a place that offered burgers at 2pm because everything else was closed. And we finally got a winner, the only sad part is that they didn't had buns but I still ordered it on the plate with swiss cheese and curly fries, and let me tell you something it was GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! So yummy! And is not pricey at all, they also have a billiard table if you are looking to have some fun time. Thumbs up! Great spot in Culebra! :)

2  Thank Isisnachelly_