“Now thats a beach”

Ranked #1 of 32 things to do in Culebra
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A pleasant beach on the northern coast of Culebra.
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Everything you've heard is true. It's like a movie or commercial. Crystal clear water. Soft Sand. Lots of shaded areas when needed. Not crowded (we were there on a Monday). You can walk the beach for miles. The only skyline is trees not hotels. Even the food at the kiosks was good. This is what we expected in Hawaii last year and were disappointed. Raked #2 beach in the world on travel channel, now I know why.

2  Thank Robin S
Write a ReviewReviews (3,177)

Reviewed 30 January 2014

My family and I took the ferry from Fajardo, Puerto Rico to Culebra Island for a day trip. Once we got off the ferry, there were taxi drivers waiting with signs advertising transportation to Flamenco Beach for only $3 per person, which we utilized. Although the beach was very crowded, we were able walk further down the beach and find a spot for our blankets and belongings. The water was clear, clear, clear, warm, and worth the trip! I am exceptionally fearful of swimming at the beach, due to not being able to see through the water (and not knowing what is swimming with me). This water was so clear, that for the first time EVER, I was able to actually SWIM at the beach. We swam for a while, and then put on our snorkel gear and swam over a small reef right off the beach. We were able to see many fish right there several feet from the beach (not as much as you can see out in the ocean, but still entertaining). My husband and I then walked the beach. This is not a beach to search for sea glass or shells, as the beach is really just powdery sand, but it is beautiful to walk along. This is a definite recommend, a must see, and the most beautiful beach we saw on our trip to Puerto Rico! The only downside was that because of the few ferry trips offered, we didn't have more time to spend on this beautiful beach!

3  Thank Tricia D
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Words cannot describe how beautiful this beach is. It is quiet, with the perfect turquoise blue, and white sand. The water was warm, and there is some good snorkeling in the reefs on the side. Aside from the fact that it takes some effort to get here, I would say the experience is simply bliss. Very much recommended...

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Had I known this was going to be so amazing, I'd have stayed the night in a B&B or inn on the beach, and spent two full days here. We visited the beach with a day-trip from East Island Excursions, which, in hind sight, we didn't care for. If I had to do it all over again, I'd have taken the Ferry over, and stayed the night, and taken the Ferry back to the main island. The water, sand... it's all what the reviews say. True Caribbean experience.

1  Thank Writer/Director
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

This place actually exists in real life, not just as a photoshopped default background on your desktop. The sand was so white and the water transparent as glass!!! Very warm water as well and the salinity makes it buoyant so you hardly need to make an effort to float. There are not very many people at any given time so you are packed in like sardines like some other beaches. Very calm, quiet and off the beaten path. The food at the kiosks were ok, so I would recommend bringing some snacks. My boyfriend and I booked another trip and will be staying on Culebra because of this beautiful beach!

1  Thank DowntownJackieBrown