We just finished a brief but enjoyable stay at Tamarindo Estates. It provides clean, modest accommodations, accurately described on their web site. We had 2 connecting rooms (302 and 303) for 5 people, and planned to have one stay on the futon in the living room, but it was unbearably hot, even with fans and windows open, so 3 people crammed into the air conditioned bedroom (we live in PR, so are accustomed to the climate). The units are old and nothing fancy, but they are well maintained and clean. The caretakers are friendly and helpful. Kitchens are stocked with the basics. Did not use beach or pool on site, but the snorkeling at Tamarindo Beach just down the road is excellent. Stop there some night and look at the stars! Flamenco Beach, just a few minutes away by car, is incredible. Airport and town just a few minutes away by car. You should rent a jeep if you stay at TE, despite the fact that car rentals are very expensive on Culebra. The road to TE is steep and in poor condition, full of pot holes; I wouldn't want to drive a golf cart on it. We had no cel phone signal at TE; had to drive down to main road to make calls/receive data. So...a good place to get away from it all! It would be nice if they would upgrade their full size beds to queen, or two twins.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarindo Estates provides twelve 1-BR guest rental apartments on a remarkably virgin 60-acre estate, in the quiet and exclusive Tamarindo beach location, across from Culebra's Marine Reserve. It is nicely secluded, yet a short 5 to 7 minute drive to town, where restaurants, grocery, and other stores are located. The 12 guest apartments afford great views of the ocean while you relax and sit on the apartment's private, covered deck. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tamarindo Estates Beach Cottages Hotel Culebra
- Tamarindo Estates Beach Hotel
- Tamarindo Estates Beach Resort