Villa Pelicano
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Culebra
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Kokomo(Culebra)
  • Free Internet
  • Beachfront
Bravo Beach Hotel(Isla de Vieques)
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)
  • Breakfast included
Malecon House(Isla de Vieques)
View Hotel
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
View Hotel
All reviewsoutdoor kitchenlife jacketsthe ownerperfect getawaypack and playfamily with kidshigh chairtropical vacationfully equipped kitchenexcellent placeoverlooking the waterthe main housean excellent hostmorning coffeemy favorite partminute driveperfect beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Us: 3 young kids, 3 adults.

Alex - amazing, responsive and a wonderful host.

Culebra - amazingly safe and beautiful island. Totally chill and wonderful. Don't change it!

We ended up staying in the downstairs apt which, admittedly, was a bit small but we had a last minute addition to our trip. The downstairs was a little basement-like but it worked. After all we, we were more interested in being outside than in.

The outside area was exceptional. Hammocks, outdoor kitchen, beautiful doc and water. The kids got a kick out of "Scary Hank" who was a very friendly cat that would frequent as well as the chickens. Don't leave food out - birds will get it.

Kayaking was a lot of fun and the paddle out to Solder Point was exceptional. Even caught a few Jacks with my fly rod along the way.

The beaches were amazing; sea turtles, rays, you name it. Make sure you hike out to Playa Brava. The most beautiful beach we've ever been on with great, fun waves and NO people. Zuni equally beautiful.

In short, Alex and the Villa Pelicano was outstanding (again, we wished we booked upstairs) and the island in general is great for kids and if you just want a non-resort and chill time. We will be back and will rebook with Alex for sure.

Rent a jeep from Jerry's across the airport.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We have been vacationing in Culebra for 30 years and came across VIla Pelicano several years ago while looking for lodging for a larger group than we normally a action with. This past February was our second time.
Both times, we spent most our time outdoors in the kitchen/patio/dining area. You can't beat it. So comfortable! Add to that, kayaks for exploring a dock to sit and enjoy the gentle breeze and not far from Town. Great for a large group with room to spread out.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank chelter
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I started my planning with Alex about a year ago and I appreciated his patience with me while I organized 14 people from CA and ID to visit Culebra for my 30th birthday party. He was always very quick at responding to my emails and provided lots of photos and information about the house before we arrived. Though I did not get to meet Alex in person, he was available if needed, (in our case we didn't need a thing)! The house is perfect for a large groups of adults, 25-35 yr olds and 2 small children. House was fully equipped with kitchen items, a TV (Which we never watched), AC units and Fans, An I-pod dock for music, playing cards ect. The outdoor kitchen/lounge area was THE BEST!!! I could have spent the whole week sitting in the sun staring at the ocean! It is hard for a Cali girl to only pack 25#'s (The allowed amount for the charter planes), but I was able to make it work since the house had everything you need. We bought our main toiletries from stores on the island which helped keep the weight down. The ONLY thing I would mention is that I could have used some beach towels at the house, but there were plenty of regular bath towels which did just fine. My whole family received a lot of bug bites, but that is not the houses fault. Just an FYI. We had lots of bug spray, but it didn't seem to matter. Having 7 Kayaks for use was excellent, some singles and some doubles with paddles and life vests! Also just sitting on the dock staring at all the fish or floating on a raft was perfect. We took advantage of the washing machine and dryer since we had little kids with us, also washed towels a couple of times. Lots of Lizards, Chickens and Roosters roaming around the house which was fun, (We never over slept in the AM with our Rooster friends). I am a runner and it was a beautiful island to wake up and take a nice jog, roads were pretty quiet and views were amazinfg. I also really enjoyed where the villa is was located on the island, a little secluded yet close enough to stores and restaurants. We booked a private charter boat to Culbrita through East Island Excursions and the picked us up and dropped us off right at the house! Overall an excellent experience!!! 7 days went way to fast on Culebra! If I do come back I would certainly stay at this house again and recommend it to anyone traveling to the beautiful island of Culebra. Thanks again Alex!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ShellyH701
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed with my aunt at Villa Pelicano for 3 nights in January. Culebra, the weather and the people were awesome. Villa Pelicano was great with clean accomadations and is an up to date facility. We loved the outdoor kitchen it was great to cook and talk out on the deck while looking out over the bay. More of your living can be outside here because there is three layers of deck and every where you looked there was a hammock to kick back in. Having the dock was great for jumping off and swimming. You can feed the fish off the dock in the morning. Free use of kayaks was also a plus. Paddle around the corner to Dakity for the most amazing waters of the Caribbean. Great for large parties also but we rented the smaller unit for us (2) but it could have fit many more even in the small unit. Alex the owner was very honest, friendly and helpful with island info.

Room Tip: The upper level is great for a really large family or group but the smaller downstairs unit also will fit many people up to 6. Otherwise, for a really large group or event rent out the whole place.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I had stayed in Culebra once before with only one other friend in a shared apartment, so renting this house was a total treat. With three layers of outdoor space we could not stand to not be inside, always outside enjoying the view of the bay. Once you see the outdoor kitchen/bar, the dock, the multitude of stars at night, you will understand. We had seven girls spread throughout both units and it was plenty spacious, enough bathrooms and hot water for all. There are different beaches to explore every day, and the hotel across the street does a lovely dinner or drinks at the bar if you want someone else to serve you in the evening. Our partners and husbands were so jealous of our trip that we will have to come back with kids and all in tow very soon. Thank you Alex for everything and for letting us experience the magic that is the Villa Pelicano!
(Some hot tips - the gas for the outdoor range is beside the fridge outside, the water is fine to drink but might taste funny to American tongues, and don't run the washing machine if you are trying to shower for dinner!)

Room Tip: If you have three couples and 2 kids you might not need the downstairs unit, but to us it was worth it in order to secure that outdoor kitchen that technically goes with that unit. We ended up spreading out comfortably because of it. When does a busy mom get her own bed, ever?
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends