“Home away from home”
Wild Life Refuge Cayo Luis Pena Beach..
Turtle Beach, Culebrita Wild Life Refuge, pick ups avail at VP's dock facilities..
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Wild Life Refuge Cayo Luis Pena Beach..
Outdoor Waterfront Terraces Adjoining Main Two Level Villa..
One of Three Ocean Front Outdoor Terraces..
Outdoor kitchen & BBQ..
Dock Facilities,Kayaks..
Dock Terrace..
Villa's Upper Level Dining, Fully Equipped Kitchen..
Expansive Upper Level Living/Dining/Kitchen Areas..
Aerial Views of Outdoor Terraces & Dock Facilities Adjoining Main Level Villa..
Zony Beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spring Church, Pennsylvania
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 3 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Another wonderful stay at the Villa Pelicano! The outdoor kitchen and bbq
are fabulous for cooking the fresh fish. We love sitting on the dock and
watching the boats, turtles, and fish. Great place with wonderful memories for
our family! Thank you Alex!!

4 Feb 2017
Its with great pleasure having you and your family visit us again, and that you treasure Villa Pelicano & our precious Island as we do. I thank you dearly, to say the least. You all are so very welcome! Kindest regards, Alex Carbonell.
Sandra R
“Huge disappointment!!!”
Reviewed 1 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

Based on the many positive reviews of this property, I chose to bring my family of 10 here to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary. I was misled in so many ways by the owner, Alex, and the concierge, Mitzy, provided by Alex, that the whole experience became dominated with frustrations and disappointments. I had explained to both that I had not previously vacationed on an island and was assured that I would receive great accommodations, amenities, and their expertise and advice. What I got was insufficient/unsatisfactory provisions at the villa, i.e. 5 washcloths, 1 hand towel, flat pillows, no outside lounge/beach chairs, comfortable(?) seating for only 4 people in the LR, poorly functioning DVD player, black mold on the high chair, a 'used' dish scrubby in the upper kitchen, hot water turned off in upper kitchen (probably due to leaking faucet), warning after arrival to vacate small bedroom on upper level and close bathroom doors if generator started as fumes would fill those areas, 8 basically unusable kayaks with no backs (despite being sent a picture of kayaks with backs), virtually unattainable WiFi (despite being assured that it was available on the upper level), broken or mostly inoperable windows in LR, and unknown 'visitors' on the property (twice). I was told by Alex to have Mitzy make all of the necessary arrangements for the ferry to and from the island, vehicle rentals, and anything else I might need. What I got from Mitzy was beyond ineptness, i.e. assurance that she bought and mailed the ferry tickets to my home which never arrived but were sitting on the villa's kitchen counter when we arrived (despite being told that they must have been delayed or lost), $75 bill for a few groceries and beer since the stores would be closed when we arrived (ignoring request for itemized costs), vehicle rentals $100 more than I was able to find on my own, disregard for other requests to make some type of celebratory arrangements for our anniversary and my grandson's birthday (even when separately contacted by my daughter-in-laws), and a $25 concierge fee. When asked to intervene with the many Mitzy problems, Alex's response was to berate me for my poor travel planning (suggesting that I take a plane to the island instead of the ferry, costing me about $1500 more) and praising Mitzy for her 'kind assistance to our clients'. The reasons that I did not give a lower rating was the overall cleanliness of the villa, the great view from the terrace, and ample bath towels and kitchen supplies. The other positives of this trip (no thanks to Alex or Mitzy) were the nice beaches and good snorkeling on the island, hiring Henry to drive us to and from the airport to the ferry (and solving the ferry ticket problems), discovering and meeting Gammy who took us for a whole day to fabulous beaches on his boat (and was our ferry captain back to the mainland), and mostly my wonderful family who made the experience positive and fun-filled.

Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
12 Feb 2017
“Silence the angry man with love. Silence the ill-natured man with kindness. Silence the miser with generosity. Silence the liar with truth.”
― Gautama Buddha

‘Though the truth otherwise unveils, we opt to remain silent with our best wishes to you & your family’…

-Villa Pelicano Culebra
tripadv12...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 14 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

The best thing about Villa Pelicano was the owner! Alex promptly responded to my emails, phone calls, and texts from my first inquiry to our departure. He answered questions and offered recommendations from restaurants to beaches and all his suggestions were great! In fact, we would have overlooked Soldier's Point Beach if he had not mentioned it to us and it was one of the best snorkeling spots we visited AND it was just a minute or two from the house! Alex really wanted to make sure we had a wonderful time. The location of the house is great. The view is fabulous. There are multiple kayaks to use. The house itself is older (only complaint was could have used brighter lighting inside for us older folks - tried to rate as 4 1/2 star but trip advisor settings would not let me). House had everything we needed and it was clean. The beds were very comfortable. My kids even commented on how well they slept there! The house has several terraces; wonderful to sit there or on dock. My kids loved the hammocks! We would definitely stay here again! Thanks, Alex!!!!

Nicole B
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Will never regret the vacation spent at Villa Pelicano for the rest of my life”
Reviewed 13 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

This was my first time to Culebra, Puerto Rico and had little clue as to what I was doing renting a home off of homeaway.com. Once we arrived to the villa, we were instantly in paradise. That's when I knew that, I had made a great decision. This would be a vacation to remember for the rest of my life. There was nothing better than waking up in the morning with some coffee and sitting on the dock with the bright sun or going for a morning kayak ride around the bay. Not to mention there are a lot of things to do once you get to the island.

Once we got to the villa we were acquainted with Captain Bill (he has his catamaran a few docks down from the villa) and he took us out on a day trip fishing and snorkeling around the island.

Then there are all the small beaches around the island. With the villa being at a prime location (easy to get to and easy to get to other places from), we were able to explore to our hearts content. Down a small road away from town when we exit the villa driveway, we found two beaches! They were small, but still gorgeous. Zoni beach was only a 10 minute drive (if you get stuck behind a golf cart) from the villa. Zoni was by far my favorite for beaches. It was the perfect beach to get away.

Since I've been back, I've told all my friends that they NEED to spend at least one vacation in their lives to Culebra and that I can show them this pretty neat villa to stay at.

If a person is in between choosing Villa Pelicano and a different one. I'd say choose Pelicano, Alex was awesome to work with and even helped us out when some of our group had issues with their flights getting to the island. And when I left my camera at the house, he notified me immediately. Then worked with me to get it back home.

I've always been a person who likes to go to different places for vacation every time, but after the week I spent at Villa Pelicano, I can easily say that I want to and will plan to come back to spend more time there. Once you get here, you will not want to leave and you can quickly understand why some people never to leave.

Your age range 25-34
Siobhan N
Cork
“A nice rental”
Reviewed 13 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

We rented the villa for 2 nights in December as a party of five.

The villa is well equipped with cooking utensils and the kayaking equipment is a fantastic addition.

However, I didn't find the mosquito barriers on the windows adequate and unfortunately on the island there are a lot so it was quite uncomfortable.

There was also only one towel per person and the laundry room was locked so we couldn't wash any - it's not enough for two days when taking into account beach and showers.

I really appreciated being able to check in early on our flight day and late when checking out as our flight was not until 4pm.

Another word of warning - original price quoted changed after a number of weeks when I hadn't confirmed the booking. I was told that it was raised due to weekly demand. However, there were no other guests during our way so it was a little disappointing to see that the price was raised perhaps unnecessarily.

Alex is quick to communicate so that was much appreciated.

17 Dec 2016
Dear clients, we are glad you had the opportunity to stay @ our privileged location, to say the least. Friendly reminder concerning your rental choice of lodging: We offered your group the 2/bdrm unit with laundry facilities for the lesser rental fee, however, we have in-record-emails exchanged you opted to ‘upgrade’ to our most extensive 4/bdrm/2/bthrm upper level apartment for a small additional charge & also provided you with 12 towels which we understand suffizes for a party of 5 guests during a 2/nt lodging @ our facilities. As for the mosquitoes I believe to know which caused ‘their entrance’…..its a must to shut close the screen doors @ living room’s doorways to outer terrace (in particular after it rains as it did….) as the bedrooms have double-screen-encased systems and very cold ac’s for your convenience. We certainly look forward to your next visit, and always call me with questions & suggestions during your lodging @ Pelicano as we’re quick to respond communications to your every needs. Kind regards…Villa Pelicano Oceanfront Culebra Island.
Emilio_VI...
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
“Perfect for the weekend get away from St. Thomas”
Reviewed 4 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

Great location. With a dock that could handle our 32' boat with ease. We were a large party with kids. The kids lived around the dock having fun with the kayaks when we were at the house. Great outdoor setup and indoor common area. Generator when power went off. Make sure to close windows to bedrooms when generator comes on. The owner was on the ball and very accommodating. Thanks Alex
Will be back

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Dock
Liked least: sometimes low water pressure
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Champforr...
“Simply Wonderful”
Reviewed 26 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

Villa Pelicano was simply wonderful. We were a party of 11 adults. The house was large enough that we all were able to have our own personal space. The open air floor plan was perfect for catching those tropical breezes while relaxing on one of the many hammocks. The cherry on top was the hospitality that Alex showed to my group. I will definitely rent this property again...we gave this location 11 thumbs up...VIDADEFUEGO!!!

26 Sep 2016
Likewise!@ you are truly a wonderful group of guests, please return soon, kindest regards, Alex / Villa Pelicano Oceanfront.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing