“Just more than Excellent .......................”
Review of Culebra Divers

Culebra Divers
Ranked #4 of 18 Tours in Culebra
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Culebra Divers has operated a full service dive, snorkel, and gift shop since 1987 and we would love an opportunity to share it with you! We offer the best in brand name gear sales and rentals in a friendly, informative atmosphere. To better serve your diving needs we are also authorized dealers of H2Odyssey, TUSA, and SCUBAPRO diving equipment. Aside from all the "dive stuff," we carry everything you need for the beach and a the largest selection of T-shirts and souvenirs on the island!
New York City
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Just more than Excellent .......................”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We just returned back from our week long vacation in PR and diving at culebra was on our list.
My local friends recommended me this place and I just went along with the recommendation.

Right from reserving our spots on phone and keeping in touch with Julie, to actually diving with Todd and Walter was all fantastic and perfectly executed.

I went snorkeling one day and then decided to dive the next day, let me tell you this ...............NERVOUS DIVERS, NEW DIVERS, people afraid of Water Divers..............Todd is your man to rely on............My wife was scared for the first dive and he took extra time , care and patience to make her feel secure, comfortable and relaxed both in practice and then under water.

He guided me during my first dive and then I was all by myself in my second dive. The under water marine life and the vegetation is just mind blowing, we saw some cool huge Lobsters, Turtles and tons of magical plants...............My wife was constantly with Todd which made me feel secure and relaxed...........

We are surely coming back for getting our certification done............

Love -

Hardik and Ekta

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Harry37NewYorkCity

Oswego, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Couldn't be more pleased.”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband and I had both our first snorkeling and SCUBA adventures with Todd and Walter. We went snorkeling one day and the next did the resort course. That worked well for us. They were super helpful and kind. Somehow Todd was able to make two chubby anxious novices feel comfortable on our first SCUBA experience. His patience as we first descended was remarkable. Though I was nervous, his attentiveness made me trust him completely. Julie and Monica in the shop were also friendly and knowledgable. Highly recommend Culebra Divers.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank OswegoNY
Mesa, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Dive Shop in Puerto Rico”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Just got back from an amazing vacation to Puerto Rico. We went to Culebra Divers based on the online reviews I read before the trip. I called and talked with Julie, who was very friendly and accommodating when I told her we would be taking the 9:00 ferry over from Fajardo. She explained that they normally leave at 9 AM but because it was the slow season, they would just wait for us and start the dive when we got there. They were willing to take just the two of us out but it turned out that they had another couple on the dive to learn scuba diving basics. Walter took the two discovery divers out and Todd took me and my husband out. Todd took a lot of time to show us the underwater sea life. The water was incredibly warm and clear. We saw a turtle, stingray, hog fish, HUGE lobsters, lots of cool coral and plant life! I was a tentative diver but Todd had me feeling comfortable and confident! We went on a dive later in the week off of Fajardo with another dive shop, but it didn't compare to the experience we had with Culebra Divers! I highly recommend Culebra Divers for anyone who wants personalized attention and excellent staff who will make your vacation dive in Puerto Rico memorable! Walter and Todd are excellent dive masters who will take care of your every need. Todd went above and beyond to hook up our gear and washed it all off at the end of the dive. I will definitely come back for more diving on Culebra and I won't go to anyone else to take me out to the many fun dive sites off Culebra. Thanks again for a memorable trip, Todd, Julie and Walter!

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Monica D
White River Junction, Vermont
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Dive Shop”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The equipment and boat were great and Todd and Walter are friendly, experienced and professional. We saw lots of fish, coral, and other beautiful sites with long bottom times. The great part is you don't spend all your time on the boat, short rides to great locations.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Jeff K
Bristol, Rhode Island, United States
“What an experience!!!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My girlfriend and I visited Culebra Island in September. One of our main goals was to scuba dive and we couldn't have done with a better dive shop. We were the only two to head out and dive with Walter, our dive instructor. He was very experienced and always made us feel safe and comfortable. Both of our dives in two different locations were great, offering different views of the coral reefs and many types of marine species. Walter also took amazing pictures of our dives.

I haven't dove in about seven years and it didn't take long to get back into it with the help of Walter and the dive shop staff. You will not regret taking a trip out to see Culebra from underneath the surface of the ocean.

Visited September 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

3 Thank lespaul1208