“Wonderful place to stay”
Review of Casa Resaca

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Culebra
Casa Resaca
Ranked #2 of 19 Culebra B&B and Inns
Jersey city
“Wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed in the casita for 3 nights and really enjoyed our stay. Cliff and Maureen were very helpful and great people to meet. Cliff went out of his way more than once to help us. The kitchen is well equipped and there's BBQ pit there also. A small cooling off pool on their deck. It is located in a very nice section of Culebra. There's an almost private road to walk on up the mountain that ends with a trial to Resaca beach and 30 minute walk down a mountain which was a great thing to do and enjoy the very secluded beach.
Rent a golf cart to get around if you want or a bike. We also met great quests that stayed in other rooms, especially Caleb & Eleanor from Vermont. They are really great people I felt like I knew them all my life.
I encourage anyone to stay at Casa Resaca.
Thanks Cliff and Maureen!!!
Jim & Gerri

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Richmond, Indiana
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We just returned home to the snow and subzero temperatures after spending five glorious nights at Casa Resaca. Like many of our fellow guests, we selected Casa Resaca based on the #1 rating and the rave reviews on Trip Adviser. Reading the reviews it almost seemed too good to be true, but it was not! Cliff and Maureen were gracious, knowledgeable and entertaining hosts. Their restaurant recommendations were spot on as were their beach and snorkeling suggestions. Our room was large and spotless with numerous windows and good A/C when needed. The room had a small refrigerator but we had complete access to the full sized refrigerator as well as a fully equipped kitchen. Cliff was there with a bottomless pot of "Puerto Rico's" best coffee each morning. The location is ideal - near the airport and near the intersection of the three main roads - one going to town, one to Flamingo Beach (not to be missed) and one to Zoni Beach. Beach chairs, snorkeling gear and boogie boards were available for our use. Assisting Cliff and Maureen at the casa was their dog, Chica, ready to give us a warm greeting and a wag of her tail upon our return each day. With only a couple pats, she is on her back ready for a belly rub! We miss our dog when vacationing so we always enjoy staying where there is a resident pup. The only negative to all of the positive reviews is that after only three years of operations, the word is spreading, which means booking a return reservation is going to get more difficult! You'll love Culebra and you'll love Casa Resaca!
02.06.14 - Rick and Nina Boston, Richmond, Indiana

Bowling Green, KY
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This place is so relaxing I just wanted to stay the winter. Cliff & Maureen are very gracious hosts - they know everything about Culebra. Our room was great and had all the amenities we needed - hot water, a small fridg, ceiling fan, reading light and a/c for cool sleeping. The mattress also slept great! The only thing it didn't have was a TV but they offer wifi if you really need to stay connected. The kitchen offers anything you need to cook a meal & Cliff will have the coffee made around 7am. My wife and I have traveled for 23+ years and we would gladly stay here again and again!

1 Thank DeWBrowning
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We have enjoyed our stay at Casa Resaca very much. Cliff was a sincere and humorous host. The room was comfortable and beach towels are thoughtfully provided (they do have beach chairs as well). The kitchen was well equipped and it's convenient to cook our own meals. The location was convenient to get to the gorgeous Flamenco Beach as well as town (on a golf cart). A golf cart is a fun and convenient way to explore all the island has to offer. Be sure to drive all the way east to Zoni Beach. It's a really scenic and exciting drive.

1 Thank sytan1905
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed at Casa Resaca in Jan 2014 for 2 nights with my girlfriend. Our outstanding experience began weeks before, when Cliff (the operator) spoke with me on the phone and provided extremely useful advice on logistics---how to get to the island, how to get around, etc---all taking into account my constraints. He notably did this during the Christmas holidays while with his family!

We were greeted warmly when we arrived, and Cliff provided us with some helpful tips for getting the most of our stay (which was on the shorter end). He also offered his help in helping us figure out how to secure or luggage to our golf cart. He was remarkably gracious, helpful, and funny---even in the context of a frustrating mishap! The praise voiced by the other reviews is well-deserved indeed.

The property itself is immaculate and extremely well-kept. We were amazed at how tidy everything was, especially considering the tropical/beach setting. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. He has a kitchen that is well-stocked and kept. Being cooking hobbyists, we made use of the kitchen and were able to cook a wonderful meal.

Location-wise, the property is situated perfectly. The airport and the positively serene Flamenco beach (one of the best in the world!) are just short (5-10 minute) golf cart ride away.

I have been fortunate to travel around the world (nearly 50+ countries) and stayed in accommodations across the spectrum. I can say that Casa Resaca and Culebra are near the top of my list in experiences. Reader, this is a can't-miss!

1 Thank stanfordstlouis
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed at Casa Resaca for two nights and loved every minute of it. The place is extremely clean, well maintained, and comfortable. The rooms are large and you are also welcome to use the kitchen which is very spacious and has all the utensils you would need. Cliff, the host, was extremely warm and friendly. He made us feel completely at home, gave us great recommendations on everything from which beaches to go to to which restaurants had vegetarian options! The location is peaceful and quiet, great for a relaxing trip away from the noise of the city. It's also pretty conveniently located near the airport, and not too far away from Flamenco beach which is one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen! I definitely recommend a trip to Culebra if you ever make it out to Puerto Rico and book a room with Casa Resaca as soon as you firm up your travel plans - this place is popular and gets booked up pretty far in advance!

1 Thank nxa2014
Provincetown, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Lots of thoughtful touches added up to a very pleasant experience. Starting with Cliff who has a Boston accent - I live in Massachusetts - and picked me up at the airport midday sooner than expected, my room was ready and very spacious and new, lots of windows with a nice breeze and the decorating and design of the home really appealed to me. Nice screened and open living area and kitchen. Beach chairs, towels, and snorkeling equipment to borrow and keep in my golf cart. Refrigerator so I didn't have to go out for meals. Advice on what I might enjoy eating out, where to walk, where to swim etc. He got up an hour early to make me coffee so I could catch the earliest plane then drove to the airport to bring me something I left in the room. I look forward to my return!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Susan M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culebra
Club Seabourne
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
El Blok Hotel
El Blok Hotel
#4 of 6 in Isla de Vieques

Been to Casa Resaca? Share your experiences!