“Wonderful place to stay at Culebra”
Review of Casa Resaca

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Culebra
Casa Resaca
Ranked #2 of 19 Culebra B&B and Inns
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Wonderful place to stay at Culebra”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We are a Couple from mainland Puerto Rico. I had visited Culebra many times before and it was the first time visit for my girlfriend. Based on my experience staying at different places in Culebra, either camping or in small hotels I can tell you the this was the best place for me and my girlfriend. Cliff and Maureen were excellent hosts since the start of the reservation answering all of our emails promptly and trying to arrange our best travel experience. They even gave us tips on rentals and travel arrangements to the island. If you are coming to Culebra is best to rent a car/golf cart and fly in by plane, avoid the ferry on high season.
Casa Resaca is equipped with kitchen and everything you need for a great time in Culebra and Cliff and Maureen can help you out by pointing out the best places for snorkeling, beaches, dining and just about everything. For me and my girlfriend it was just a great vacation and an excellent choice to stay at Casa Resaca.
Allan & Gabriela.

3 Thank AllanRiversfernadez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Cliff and Maureen are so easy and so full of knowledge about the island. They provide everything you need-beach chairs, towels, snorkeling equipment and most of all- great recommendations. I loved our clean spacious room and loved the air conditioner at night. The island is so perfect that I recommend renting a golf cart vrs a jeep (our jeep was overkill). We were often alone on a beach and the snorkeling was great. Highlight of the trip was swimming with the turtles!!! I didn't use the kitchen as I wanted a vacation from cooking and loved most of the restaurants-esp. Mamacitas. My husband loved morning coffee and conversation. I loved the porch and hammock. Highly recommend this place if you are lucky enough to fly to the island.

4 Thank Pommull
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We had a amazing time in Culebra and Cliff and Maureen were warm, wonderful hosts. We stayed in the casita, and it was spacious, clean and quiet. Cliff gave us great advice for exploring the island, and we spent each day snorkeling at a new spot and checking out gorgeous beaches. We rented a golf cart, and it was a perfect way to get around the island. Culebra is a magnificently beautiful ideal, and the perfect place to relax for a few days (or a few weeks if you have the time). We would definitely return to Culebra and Casa Resaca. Thank you Maureen and Cliff for wonderful stay!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WhitneyReuling
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Cliff met us at the airport and waited for us to get our golf cart rental (I hadn't decided on renting until I arrived, so he was already there when I arrived and kind enough to wait for us) and showed us the way to the Casita. The Casita I found to be very spacious and the bed was super comfortable. They were very kind to let us check in way before the 3pm check-in because we had gotten there so early and the other couple was leaving early so it worked out well. We were so exhausted when we got in that we fell asleep in the common area, him on the chair, and myself in the hammock, which I really loved that hammock!

Coffee was provided every morning and filtered water was in the fridge, which was nice to not have to buy water every day and we could just refill. Cliff and Maureen were very patient and helped us with recommendations of where to go and how to get to the laundry mat, into town, etc.

Speaking of the cart rental. They recommended it, and altho I wanted to get the bikes at first, I'm glad we didn't, because although its a small island, it's not a straight shot to places of interest and especially at night, its nice to have wheels with a motor. Free snorkel gear and beach chairs were nice also.

The value I found to be very good. 89 a night (no tax if you pay cash) was a dream compared to some of the other places we stayed.

My only "issue" was there were "crazy ants" as Maureen called it, in Casa Resaca. Luckily, these did not bite, so it wasn't that big of a deal, but they are drawn to light, so they gathered around our lamps and we saw a lot of them on the floor. Cliff went into our room to vaccum them before we even mentioned them, so that was appreciated.

They are a lovely couple and they even took time to visit with us and they made our stay very enjoyable. We would love to return. Thank you!

Room Tip: Casita is very nice, big room with big comfy bed
4 Thank KitKatBar12
Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Casa Resaca was exactly what I had envisioned it to be based on other reviews. If you are looking for a small, clean, intimate place to stay which is truly away from it all, then you will not be disappointed. Our room was spacious, clean, and cool. Snorkel gear, beach chairs, beach towels, and coolers were all on hand, as well as great advice from Cliff as to where to go for the best snorkeling, food, etc. The communal kitchen was very handy for making breakfast or packing a lunch. So long as you know what you are looking for, you will not be disappointed. This is not the place for those seeking luxury accomodations or room service. You truly feel as though you are staying on the island in a friend's home! With any luck I will return to Casa Resaca, and Culebra, year after year.

1 Thank Jenny V
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Just getting around to this review after our visit in February ,stayed for the second year at Casa Reseca,it was even better than the first time,it was like going home again ! We would never find another place like Casa Reseca,the accommodations ,location and the hosts Maureen and Cliff our wonderful,if this will be your first trip to Culebra you should look no further for the best place to stay while visiting this wonderful place in paradise !

Sue and Frank Perez
Buffalo,NY

Room Tip: rooms upstairs are separate from the common space ,the casita room is in the main house (my favorite...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank suz p
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This was our first trip to Culebra & we loved it, the beaches are beautiful & we saw lots of turtles while snorkeling. Our room at Casa Resaca was spacious with a tile floor & lots of windows. Cliff & Maureen were a pleasure to talk with and provided coffee every morning. They also loaned us beach chairs & a small cooler for the week. The common area was very welcoming with a shared kitchen & fridge. Just an FYI - there were a lot of ants in our room and kitchen, our shower was a bit tricky to regulate the hot water, and the roosters that run wild are loud and seem to crow all night. You must rent a car to get to the beaches - this location is not walking distance to anything.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

4 Thank 2beachloversxo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culebra
Club Seabourne
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
El Blok Hotel
El Blok Hotel
#4 of 6 in Isla de Vieques

Been to Casa Resaca? Share your experiences!