“Life Changing Experience!!!”
Review of Aquatic Adventures

Aquatic Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Aquatic Adventures provides a fun and safe dive experience. We can take up to 6 divers (we're not a cattle boat) with a dive instructor (not just a dive master). Taz has over 20 years experience as a Dive Instructor. Culebra is known for it's healthy soft corals and good visibility. We do not have streams to cloud up the water. The marine park provides an excellent place for the fish and lobster to grow and multiply. We love taking out families who can be a mix of divers and snorkelers or Discover Divers and experienced divers. .
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I never imagined that I would be able to snorkel. I have struggled with an intense fear of water all my life and due to this fear I have never been able to learn how to swim. I have been to Culebra many times. I met Taz on my first trip to Culebra. My 2nd trip to Culebra was for Taz and Anne's wedding. These people are the warmest, more caring, salt of the earth people you have ever met and they will make you feel right at home and treat you like family. They never once gave up on me and my intense fear. They told me that one of these trips they would finally get me in the water. It finally happened my last trip to Culebra. Ann was so patient with me and helped me ease into the water and let go of the boat. I was so scared! Even though my fear was intense, it paled in comparison to the awe I experienced when I saw all the colorful fish and the world that was right below me. We even saw a turtle! I could never have had this experience if it had not been for Taz and Ann being so patient and kind to the special needs customer that I was. I now am signing up for swimming lessons because I am determined to try scuba diving. Taz and Ann at Aquatic Adventures helped me conquer my fear of water and I know that this is only the beginning of my aquatic adventures with them!

All reviews
in 9 reviews
in 50 reviews
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Taz and Anne took great care of us on a recent trip. I'm a diver, my wife is a snorkeler - and we were particularly impressed when Anne (the co-proprietor) offered to come along and take my wife on what was essentially a personal snorkeling tour (and a very successful search for sea turtles) while Taz took several of us divers on a pair of very good dives. Was terrific that we could share the day on the same boat trip. Our second dive was a long wall (a hill really) of coral at 30-60 ft that was just beautiful and full of sea life. Both dives saw successful lion fish kills, one fed to moray eel, the other to a lobster.
This is a friendly, informal, if no-frills business; they do it well and make you feel at home.
Nice little dive shop located above the Dingy Dock.
Check it out!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We had a lovely experience with Taz and Anne. We were not comfortable to do the dives and instead did the snorkeling tour. Me and my wife we both loved the way they paced the whole tour, Even though we were beginners, Anne Encouraged us and was with us the whole snorkeling tour. Anne and Taz are very friendly people and they do the tours for their love of nature and the environment. Anne even made lunch at the boat in between dives. It was a small boat with 6 people, felt more like a private tour of the reefs. After the snorkeling experience Anne even suggested some great restaurants around. We would definitely do this again with Anne and Taz.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Taz can come off as a gruff Old Salt, but he is actually a teddy bear and is wife is great.

I went to Taz to obtain my Open Water certification. I completed the classroom and confined water training where I live. I think Taz is a little ambivalent about this process because he is suspicious of people's skills when they arrive on his boat. As a result, the initial equipment set up and approach to the first dive were a little tense, but I won him over quickly.

After that, the diving was lovely, the equipment was good, and Taz was an excellent instructor. Also, for his vegetarian clients, he crafts as good a PB&J sandwich as anyone.

Next time I am in Culebra, I will book more dives with Aquatic Adventures.

Thanks for helping me begin my SCUBA adventures, Taz!

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

It had been six months since my wife and I had our honeymoon on Culebra. We went back to get away again and of course brought the parents so they could fall in love with Culebra, too.

I had been in contact with Anne and Taz and had scheduled my week to dive every day, and also to get my Advanced Open Water certification. On the honeymoon I had gotten my Open Water certification.

We met Monday morning like old friends, and did all sorts of diving. I saw MANY types of vibrant corals, fish, rays, squid, an octopus, moray eels, giant lobsters, shrimps of various sorts, and a Hawksbill turtle.

One day we spent a family day and the parents came along. Taz and Anne were very helpful and understanding of my handicapped mother, who had a tough time with her balance and the boat, but enjoyed the day as one of her finest!

I will always dive with Aquatic Adventures while on Culebra..... Which I plan to do once a year at least.

Taz and Ann,