“A Good Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Boheme

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Culebra
Villa Boheme
Ranked #7 of 19 Culebra B&B and Inns
“A Good Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

A group of six of us stayed in room #10 at this backwater bay hotel. It's by no means a fancy place but its perfect for overnites in Culebra. The room was plenty big enough for our group with a kitchenette and a private terrace. The night we were there it was really quiet and relaxing sitting down by the water in the common area. It's a short walk to town and restaurants. The staff was helpful and allowed us to store our bags the next day until we caught the ferry. Would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Whitma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Margate, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

Thanks to TA we reserved room #11 which had a kitchen and a private balcony. Although we didn’t cook it was nice to have our own refrigerator and coffee pot. Although windy the balcony was a nice feature but I found myself more often on the more sheltered common deck where wifi was available. The room although small was adequate except for the lack of a place to stow your belongings. The room was clean and the staff was very nice as were all of the people we met, locals and tourists (the majority from the New England states). I felt the place was overpriced considering the accommodations, but after riding around and seeing the location of the more “upscale” accommodations I was happy with VB because of the convenient location to town, the cleanliness and the helpful staff. I would stay here again if I go back. The view is fabulous. It was quite noisy on Friday night being so close to Dingy Dock with live music on the weekend. The island also felt very safe and I did not feel like I was always looking over my shoulder like I did in Vieques.

1 Thank jamamac
Dorado Puerto RIco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

There were five of us booked for just one night in room 12 at Villa Boheme. Getting to Culebra was easy we took the 9am ferry after leaving our rental car in the overnight parking in Fajardo. Once off the ferry we just asked which way to Villa Boheme and were given directions. When I booked we were told we could come before check in and leave our stuff so we could get started on beach going. Turns out our room was ready and the nice lady let us take our stuff up. Very easy, and friendly.

First the good: the room was clean, very clean. As was the bathroom. Plenty of towels, a small fridge, microwave, table and toaster. There was a king size bed and a full/twin bunk. There was a small staircase that led up to a balcony with chairs a table and lounge chairs. That was a lovely surprise and we very much enjoyed our own private harbor view from the 3rd floor. The A/C worked great and the widows had really good screens for when we just wanted to leave them open.

Now unfortunately the bad. It was run down. The bunk bed was Jerry rigged together, there was
broken wall sconces, there was a stained throw pillow and the long cushion on the king bed had holes in the fabric. The beds were not comfortable, just to firm. Also I noticed that there were not enough pillows so I went to the office to ask for a couple more. There were 5 of us and only 4 pillows. The lady I dealt with at check in was not there but a younger girl was behind the desk. I made my request, she asked which room, I let her know and she went off to take care of it (I assumed). We carried on with our day, had a great time and came back to change for dinner. No pillows and office closed. Oh well we had amazing tacos at Zacko's got back and decided to hit the sack only to discover that the top bunk had NO blankets just the sheets. I searched the room and sure enough not one blanket and no pillow. My cousin, the trooper that he is made due by poaching some outside cushions and covered up with a beach towel. The next day at checkout I let her know and she apologized. It certainly didn't ruin our good time but we really feel we payed way to much for the room considering.

Now for the amazing: The outside spaces of Villa Boheme. It's an oasis, cool, quiet, charming and very well spaced. The communal kitchen is well stocked and functional. My seven year-old loved the games, tv and the outside hammocks. The outside bathrooms were great and the whole place was spotless. The outside space make up for the rest in my book. I think I would return, as I really liked the in town location and outside spaces but I don't think I we would return with a group because it was just way to much for what we got.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JenRenN
Richmond, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

There was a neat, communal kitchen with TV, books to share, dishes, microwave. Giant patio with hammocks, sofas, chairs, tables, a barbecue, a fabulous harbor view, next door to an excellent restaurant (The Dinghy Dock), nice staff, short walk to downtown area.

Asheville, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

Just spent 13 enjoyable days at the Villa in town on Culebra. Best part of this place is the very large patio or deck area with a great view of the harbor...which was full of mostly sailboats. There are various chairs, lounges, tables, etc. with room to socialize or just be peaceful. There was a large houseboat at the dock which obscured some of the view, but nothing is perfect. The communal kitchen was very useful and a great place to meet folks. All of the appliances could use replacement but it all worked and the staff kept the place quite clean.
The rooms are a mixed bag. Spartan furnishings, some cracked tiles, mis-matched fixtures...but if those things really bother you then Culebra is not for you anyway. Probably the larger suites (# 10 and #11 I think) are best for longer stays. Otherwise ask for #6 or #7 for better views and ventilation at the end of each level. Our bed was basically a box with some kind of thin mattress on top. Again, the staff does a good job of keeping things clean. They could probably use a handyman on site but I'm sure everything gets done sooner or later. (Our overhead fan was not fixed while we were there.)
Room prices are getting higher here and there was no discount for longer stays which disappointed us. Still a place we would recommend.

3 Thank Terry C
Roscommon, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

This is my favorite place to stay on the island.(Till I got a boat there) I have stayed here many times and have never been disapointed. They have a few rooms with kitchens but everyone can share a common kitchen on the best patio on the island. Nice quiet but friendly atmosphere even when town is busy.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jim W
Scarborough
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

We loved the location, on the water overlooking the bay. It was really beautiful at all times of the day. The room itself was small and basic. The towels were nice and new and fluffy. The window blinds were not new and were not easy to raise and lower, which was a nuisance. The bathroom ceiling had a slow leak onto the floor which we mopped up with a facecloth. it appeared to be a problem with rain leaking from the roof a few floors above, not from the bath or toilet above us, very fortunately. Rico, the owner, was aware of the leak and is working on having it fixed. He was kind enough to give us a ride to the beach which we appreciated. The common kitchen is useful but not particularly well equipped - adequate for breakfast and light meals. The place is very well located for access to restaurants and a grocery store. We did not regret our choice of the Villa Boheme.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Fisheagle2513
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culebra
Club Seabourne
#5 of 19 in Culebra
Mamacitas Guest House
Mamacitas Guest House
#14 of 19 in Culebra

Been to Villa Boheme? Share your experiences!