“Great Service!”
Review of Villa Boheme

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Culebra
Villa Boheme
Ranked #6 of 19 Culebra B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Great Service!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We booked our stay here last minute in the evening and are glad we did. The owner, Rico, is a very kind and gracious host and runs a top notch operation here. If you're going to stay on Culebra overnight this is THE place. Also walking distance from the ferry, very convenient.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Astoria, Oregon
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed at Villa Boheme during the last leg of our island hopping vacation and it could not have been a more perfect or fitting end. Let me caution you now: if you are looking for luxury and opulence, this is not the place for you, but if you want to visit Culebra and stay in a clean and comfortable room with basic amenities then this is definitely the place. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean and well kept and the service and staff were amazing. There are no TV's (who wants to watch TV on vacation anyway?)and although we did not cook much in the kitchen, it was nice to have a refrigerator and to have that capability. The manager, Rico did everything he could to make us comfortable and responded quickly to any requests we had. He was just delightful. There aren't words to describe the beauty of the view we looked out on. Crystal clear water, boats, birds, people on paddle boards with their dogs...unbelievable. The patio by the canal is beautiful and a great place to relax, with hammocks, chairs and tables. The communal kitchen is large, well stocked and very clean. A big plus is that it is close to a restaurant called the Dinghy Dock which has amazing food and is right on the water. We cannot wait to go back to Culebra and would not consider staying any place else.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #10 which looks right on to the canal and therefore was free of town noise. The vi...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Villa Boheme has been around for a long time. Right on the water with its own dock, you are welcome to tie your boat up and stay. Don't expect the lap of luxury, rooms are mostly small, no TV, radio, just a bed, a chair, and the bathroom. But the view, priceless, besides your not going to live in the room, just sleep in it. Some rooms do have a small kitchen and balcony. There is a communal kitchen for those that want to cook their catch. There are numerous chairs and hammocks to use on the dock and watch the boats go by. Like the Island of Culebra, it's laid back, no hurry.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

A group of six of us stayed in room #10 at this backwater bay hotel. It's by no means a fancy place but its perfect for overnites in Culebra. The room was plenty big enough for our group with a kitchenette and a private terrace. The night we were there it was really quiet and relaxing sitting down by the water in the common area. It's a short walk to town and restaurants. The staff was helpful and allowed us to store our bags the next day until we caught the ferry. Would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Whitma
Margate, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Thanks to TA we reserved room #11 which had a kitchen and a private balcony. Although we didn’t cook it was nice to have our own refrigerator and coffee pot. Although windy the balcony was a nice feature but I found myself more often on the more sheltered common deck where wifi was available. The room although small was adequate except for the lack of a place to stow your belongings. The room was clean and the staff was very nice as were all of the people we met, locals and tourists (the majority from the New England states). I felt the place was overpriced considering the accommodations, but after riding around and seeing the location of the more “upscale” accommodations I was happy with VB because of the convenient location to town, the cleanliness and the helpful staff. I would stay here again if I go back. The view is fabulous. It was quite noisy on Friday night being so close to Dingy Dock with live music on the weekend. The island also felt very safe and I did not feel like I was always looking over my shoulder like I did in Vieques.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jamamac
Dorado Puerto RIco
Reviewed 1 March 2013

There were five of us booked for just one night in room 12 at Villa Boheme. Getting to Culebra was easy we took the 9am ferry after leaving our rental car in the overnight parking in Fajardo. Once off the ferry we just asked which way to Villa Boheme and were given directions. When I booked we were told we could come before check in and leave our stuff so we could get started on beach going. Turns out our room was ready and the nice lady let us take our stuff up. Very easy, and friendly.

First the good: the room was clean, very clean. As was the bathroom. Plenty of towels, a small fridge, microwave, table and toaster. There was a king size bed and a full/twin bunk. There was a small staircase that led up to a balcony with chairs a table and lounge chairs. That was a lovely surprise and we very much enjoyed our own private harbor view from the 3rd floor. The A/C worked great and the widows had really good screens for when we just wanted to leave them open.

Now unfortunately the bad. It was run down. The bunk bed was Jerry rigged together, there was
broken wall sconces, there was a stained throw pillow and the long cushion on the king bed had holes in the fabric. The beds were not comfortable, just to firm. Also I noticed that there were not enough pillows so I went to the office to ask for a couple more. There were 5 of us and only 4 pillows. The lady I dealt with at check in was not there but a younger girl was behind the desk. I made my request, she asked which room, I let her know and she went off to take care of it (I assumed). We carried on with our day, had a great time and came back to change for dinner. No pillows and office closed. Oh well we had amazing tacos at Zacko's got back and decided to hit the sack only to discover that the top bunk had NO blankets just the sheets. I searched the room and sure enough not one blanket and no pillow. My cousin, the trooper that he is made due by poaching some outside cushions and covered up with a beach towel. The next day at checkout I let her know and she apologized. It certainly didn't ruin our good time but we really feel we payed way to much for the room considering.

Now for the amazing: The outside spaces of Villa Boheme. It's an oasis, cool, quiet, charming and very well spaced. The communal kitchen is well stocked and functional. My seven year-old loved the games, tv and the outside hammocks. The outside bathrooms were great and the whole place was spotless. The outside space make up for the rest in my book. I think I would return, as I really liked the in town location and outside spaces but I don't think I we would return with a group because it was just way to much for what we got.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JenRenN
Richmond, CA
Reviewed 1 March 2013

There was a neat, communal kitchen with TV, books to share, dishes, microwave. Giant patio with hammocks, sofas, chairs, tables, a barbecue, a fabulous harbor view, next door to an excellent restaurant (The Dinghy Dock), nice staff, short walk to downtown area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culebra
Club Seabourne
#4 of 19 in Culebra
Mamacitas Guest House
Mamacitas Guest House
#11 of 19 in Culebra

Been to Villa Boheme? Share your experiences!