“Good for its Price! Great location!! ask For ramon!”
Review of Posada la Hamaca

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Culebra
Posada la Hamaca
Ranked #8 of 19 Culebra B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Good for its Price! Great location!! ask For ramon!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Since culebra doesn't have high end hotels this is pretty much the best you can get! i dont' see why people have left negative comments about this place.. of course the place is old, ofcourse it needs things fixed, but you are in a island where there is no High End Hotels..
pretty close to all the little restaurants, live music next to it., zacos tacos down the street and even a barber shop just up the hill.
Ramon did great on telling us the Facts about the place and Island..

if you are a PIcky Person! dont' stay here...
if you are a down to earth person, and just want to enjoy the island and not trying to find an excuse..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nestor S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Even if we didn't have great expectations for this place, I honestly think you deserve to get something better for the same amount.
We stayed here 4 nights in April. The location is good, especially since we did not have a car, and we particularly enjoyed the deck area. We didn't meet the owner but the person at the reception was quite discreet and polite.
Beside that, I was a little bit concerned about the hygiene. The sheets smelled good but they were really old, like the rest of the place which is generally deteriorated and could definitely improve with some renovation. If we had to choose, we wouldn't return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights in April. It desperately needs a face lift. We stayed in a room with a kitchenette but couldn't use any of the utensils, it was disgusting. The positive side is that there is air conditioning in the room and the owner gives you a cooler and ice, which was very nice of him. It's a 3 minute walk from the store, and that little store has absolutely everything in it. You have to call a taxi to go to Flamenco beach and it's $5 per person if you take the same taxi back. There must be better places to stay. I would not return.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Rozmaring
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I go to Culebra like 2 times a year every year because I'm from Puerto Rico and is really beautiful in Culebra and the best place to stay WAS in Posada La Hamaca but I will never return. The last time that I was in February because of my birthday, I went with my boyfriend and his family and when we enter the room all the floor was full of sand barely anyone was able to walk without sandals, we were joking that all we needed was the water because because of all the sand, the bathroom was clean but deteriorated like all the place even the fan in the ceiling was horrible. They need serious renovation and love because is a beautiful place but this time I think I lost my money, I would it stay in another place better for less the money or for the same amount.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Yesibella
Astoria, New York
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I did not expect much from our room but the basic necessities and a place to crash for the night.

The owner/manager picked us up from the airport shortly after we got to the island. Not only that, he also took us to Flamenco beach after we left our stuff in our room which we greatly appreciated.

Location of the hotel was right in town and we could walk to the restaurants in and around the area without any problems. We were only staying for one night and we did not have a car so the location really helped.

Hygiene was a huge concern at this small hotel that could be really charming with a few upgrades. Upon lifting the blanket on the bed, we saw a used band-aid stuck to it. We removed the blanket promptly. What was underneath seemed to be very worn out sheets, had holes, stains that were not fully removed (in multiples), and some general wear and tear you can feel. I smelled the sheets and decided they were in fact washed but maybe really really old but we still decided to sleep with all of our clothes on that night to avoid waking up with a potential rash. The blinds on the windows have also probably not been cleaned in years, maybe since they were put in there which was not as big of an issue. My boyfriend who was also very disturbed by the uncleanliness of the place dutifully mentioned that there only seemed to be one guy running the place and doing everything so he probably needs a second set of eyes.

Seeing the room's condition, I was afraid to find out if something was expecting us in the shower and joked that there could possibly be a dead person in there. We decided that we would dismiss the oversight as a simple case of him just not having a second set of eyes.

I would not stay here again if they gave me money on top of having me stay there for free. Avoid if you can.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Infant00
Puerto Rico
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Excellent !! Walking distance to the bakery, market and popular restaurant!!!! Ramon is a wonderful person . He help us to select where can we find for lunch . He is a client oriented. Excellent prices almost considering the free ice, cooler and beach towels to go out.

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank Valenan
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I go to Culebra almost once or twice a year, during the past years I've had my fair share of camping, B&B and rented apartments. This, by far, has been one of the best places I've stayed not only in Culebra but ever. The service alone makes me give this place a 5/5 rating.

Service: The place is tended by the owner, a very nice man who entertained us during our whole three day stay. We arrived early and he had our room ready, so we didn't have to walk around with our bags, however he also have locker rooms and a shower in the terrace outside where you could leave your stuff if your room is still not ready. This is great because it lets you explore the island or go to the beach without having all your bags. They also have free bags of ice for the guests (which is a PLUS, due to the how cost of ice in the Island). The owner was extremely attentive and sometimes even offered to give us a ride, he's really a true gem in Culebra.

Room: Our room was close to the bridge so we expected noise from cars, but everything was actually very quiet after 11:00pm. Also, the guest house has a strict silence policy after 11:00pm. We had a queen bed, towels and even a cooler we could take to the beach. There was also a small fridge, a toaster, functioning A/C, a microwave and a satellite TV. Everything was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Don't expect a 5 star hotel room, just your typical B&B room, I have no complaints.

***Keep in mind that they don't clean the rooms every day so we just kept everything tidy to avoid messes.

Location: Very close to the ferry and other guests house, it's located right at the center of Dewey town. If you want to go to Flamenco just take a taxi or rent a jeep/golf cart (which are very cheap at Carlos Jeep Rentals, and they pick you up at Posada). Also, there's a beautiful beach close by called Playa Los Datiles which you can go if you have a car.

Overall experience: This place is a MUST, I'm already planning on reserving a room for NYE.

Value: For $196 for 2 nights (and we could fit up to 3-4 in our room) it's definitely worth the price.

Room Tip: If you don't want noise pick rooms that aren't close to the street (don't pick 11-12).