“Perfect Place to Stay”

Casa Robinson
Baltimore, Maryland
“Perfect Place to Stay”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My husband, some friends and I stayed here at the end of July 2013. It was perfect for us. The rooms were clean, bathroom and towels were clean. Mr. Robinson is really nice and friendly. The place is really nice, relax and the view is beautiful. We will stay here again when we visit Culebra!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Viviana024

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 September 2013

A nice place, very warm and comfortable with an awesome view of the Culebra bay, the rooms are very nice and clean, very comfortable beds, hot showers and nice bath rooms, I got attended by the owner who is very friendly to tenants, I would love to go again soon! Its the best place I stayed in the island

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I visited Casa Robinson and the first person i meet is Mr. Robinson himself. I immediately felt like i was at home what a pleasure it was and talk about cleanliness the entire place is spotless and i mean spotless and to my surprise everything in the entire place is taken care of by Mr. ROBINSON. Extremely friendly and accommodating and i can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

My experience in casa Robinson has been beyond wonderful. The view is spectacular the distance from the beach and the guest house is 5 minutes away with a gulf cart, which we got a discount for staying there.The rooms are great, clean and peaceful. About the view is breath taking, I won't recommend any other stay since we enjoyed the view and hospitality. Don't get me wrong in Culebras have nice places, but this one is beyond family inviorment.
Mr. Robinson thank you for all you have done. The Vazquez family from Ponce, PR.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I liked everything if I ever go back to culebras PR I would defenetily go there... the place was clean, wonderful view, well equiped,, and most important Mr. Robinson was a great person very proud of his guest house, loved it! Defenatily a great place to stay...

• Stayed April 2013
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Stayed here with a friend. We found this place through our guidebook. We were nervous about not finding anywhere to stay on Culebra (places get booked) so we called from Vieques and reserved a room for 2 people. The hotel is up on a steep hill that overlooks the Bay with beautiful views, whereas most of the guesthouses in town are right on the Bay and in town itself. This hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the center of town and a 5 minute walk to the airport (the plane noise is not an issue, and I am a light sleeper). The rooms themselves are extremely clean and very well equipped--each studio has a microwave, refrigerator, and sink for dishes, and coffee maker. The bathrooms were immaculate. He provides both beach and bath towels, and there is Direct tv in every room (you will probably not use it!). We talked to some other people who had stayed at a couple guesthouses in town and they expressed disappointment at their rooms, saying they were dirty, spartan, unkept, etc. for the same or more than what we were paying at our place. We ended up getting 2 separate studios, and the owner negotiated a steep discount for both of us, giving us 2 studios for 75/night each since we were staying for 3 nights. Very quiet, amazing breezes.

My only caveat: it is in a residential neighborhood and there are puppies, chickens, etc everywhere, but I liked the feeling that I was actually in a foreign country! Also I wouldn't recommend this place if you don't like to walk, or don't have a rental car, since it is not directly in town. We had a rental car for 2 nights, then ditched it and walked everywhere on our 3rd day, which was some exercise and not a big deal for us. Overall, a great option in Culebra. You will be happy that you didn't stay in one of the overpriced, overused guesthouses in town if you choose it.

Room Tip: Almost all rooms overlook the ocean and are well located.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sacdoc32999
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 March 2013

About 4 years ago My husband and I went to Puerto Rico wanted to try something diffrent. We decided to take the Ferry from Fajardo to Culebra. I got information on guest houses in culebra and called Mr. Robinson and made a reservation. It was simple and quick. I was not sure what to expect, but was very pleased and excited when we arrived. Mr Robinson is very nice and prices are very reasonable. Rooms clean and everything you need is there. We felt safe and the view was breath taking. I have been there 3 times since then and will go back whenever I go to Puerto Rico. Taking the ferry in Puerto Rico means having to be at the dock in Fajardo at 6:00 am to get in line to buy a ticket when they open at 8:00 then wait for the ferry to leave at 9;00am. (the tickets sell out fast) All this can be tiresome but well worth. If you dont mind spending a little more you can fly there and be there much faster and not have to wake up so early to stand in line. The ferry ride is nice ( and very in expensive)! The last time I went in August 2012 we flew and it was awesome to see the islands from above. I have never stayed any where else on culebra but the Robinson House and would not. There is no need to!!

Room Tip: The rooms high up have the best views. If you dont mind taking the stairs
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culebra
Club Seabourne
#2 of 6 in Isla de Vieques
Mamacitas Guest House
Mamacitas Guest House
#10 of 19 in Culebra

Been to Casa Robinson? Share your experiences!