“Perfect Ambience, Amazing Food, Best Restaurant I've ever been to.”

Coconuts Pizza Bar & Grill
Ranked #20 of 40 Restaurants in Culebra
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A very hip and elegant restaurant offering quality food served in a friendly and professional manner. Enjoy a wide variety of fresh local fish cooked to perfection using local flavors and creative modern flare. Coconuts is your best choice for sophisticated dinning on Culebra Island. Our commitment is to provide our customers with the best dinning experience period... No excuses. To all discerning patrons we will recommend... Make a reservation and come hungry. Open Wednesday thru Sunday from 6pm to 10pm.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My name is Alex, I recently went on a family vacation to Culebra and spent a week and a half on this gorgeous island. We ate at nearly all of the restaurants and food stands on this island, and this was by far the best meal we had. Unfortunately we were only able to eat ere once as the restaurant had just opened and we did not hear about it until the last night. The waitstaff was excellent. The menu was carefully crafted with the most exquisite of foods to choose from. The owner and his wife were very accommodating to our very large group. It is one of the pricier restaurants on the island, but for good reason. The meals served there are the best quality I have ever had in my lifetime. I split the lamb chops with my brother, and we can both agree that it was in fact, the best meal we have ever eaten. So everyone please do yourself a favor and visit this restaurant, you won't regret it.

There are newer reviews for Coconuts Pizza Bar & Grill

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

The description "Pizza Bar and Grill"  doesn't do this place justice.   We are visiting from Georgia and consider ourselves serious foodies.   The food was beyond expectation,  the service is impeccable and the ambience is charming.   The chef has an amazingly deft hand at combining local flavors with an Italian flair, making the meal unforgettable.   We are in town for only five nights and found this on our third night.   It's so amazing that we will return at least once more and crave it for months to come.   Its so good that I had to create a yelp log in just to share.   Help spread the word!   This needs to be a new Culebra 'don't miss'.

1  Thank Tquinn445
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We visited Coconuts for dinner on Mother's Day. My dinner partner and I both ordered the Angel Hair Pasta with artichokes , olives ,etc. since they 've only been open six weeks they still don't have a liquor license, so it's BYOB. But they don't charge a corking fee. The table service was excellent! The atmosphere was excellent! No gimmicks, but so well decorated and furnished you really felt it was first class. Our server, Luanne, was more than personable! She made our experience just wonderful! She knows customer service but with a personal touch. We were told they just recently opened, but I can tell it will soon be a hit! Really great!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Probably the best tasting food and most upscale restaurant that you'll find on Culebra. Coconuts is definitely a must when visiting the island - it's just the right place to for a special occasion or a fantastic way to end your stay with a great meal.

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the food that I was served. Started off with grouper ceviche (a chef special for the evening) which was fantastic - just the right amount of heat and acidity. Second course was an arugula salad with papaya vinaigrette - again perfectly balanced between the peppery flavor of the arugula and the sweetness from the vinaigrette. Third course were the entrees - I had the skirt steak with a rum and peppercorn sauce, ordered medium rare. The steak was perfectly cooked and extremely tender. This was served with a side of mofongo which was very tasty - a fantastic textural compliment to the steak. My girlfriend had the angel hair pasta - it was essentially a spin on a puttanesca. All of the pasta at Coconuts is hand made in house and this one was cooked to a perfect al dente. We were too full to order dessert as the portion sizes were just perfect.

The table service was great - our waiter was extremely knowledgeable and either had a lot of experience in establishments such as this or had some fantastic training in regards to the menu. All of the questions we asked were answered with confidence, professionalism and an obvious passion for the restaurant and food. The only item related to the service that I regret was not having any bread service. I didn't even think to ask if they had any, I just assumed we would have some at our table. The owner is extremely accommodating and if you need bread with your meal, I have no doubt he'll make it happen for you.

This is a wonderful restaurant for couples - I didn't notice any families present at the time I was dining. I'm sure they'd be able to accommodate kids, but the pricing of the menu, while reasonable for the quality and service, may be a little too much for a whole family. As far as pricing is concerned, you get what you pay for. This was certainly the most expensive meal we had on Culebra, but the meal was well worth the price. Given the quality and service of the restaurant and the higher cost involved in getting ingredients like Coconuts serves to the island, I think the menu is priced just right.

For reference, I have a 7 year background in high end restaurants as a chef including a classically trained, culinary school background (before changing careers 5 years ago). I would recommend Coconuts with full confidence that you'll enjoy a tasty meal, with great service in a really nice setting.

-Side note: At the time of my visit, the restaurant was working hard on getting their liquor license. Be sure to bring a bottle of wine or some other liquor to enjoy with your meal. There's no corkage fee and they highly encourage you to bring your own to add to the experience.

1  Thank goodvibes777
Reviewed 3 May 2014

lamb chop had no taste and the pizza was a liitle overr priced and burn... would not go there again
unless they change the prices and the cheg

1  Thank beachjumper1969
starman57, Owner at Coconuts Pizza Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

This review is highly suspicious. As the owner of this wonderful new restaurant, my job is to make sure that EVERY customer enjoys the best dinning experience possible. I personally talk to every guest and specifically ask about the quality of our food. Our mission is to correct any problem or mistake and make it right period. It is important to note that our lamb chops come from New Zealand and the portions include 8.. yes 8 chops instead of your typical 6 to 4. It is served with a delicious guava sauce which is on the sweet side and is not heavily seasoned with either salt nor pepper. The guest can always add seasoning as she sees fit. Our artisan pizzas are made with imported Italian flour and Italian tomatoes. The fresh mozzarella is made here in Puerto Rico. We take every consideration to price our menu fairly and honestly. We post our menu outside for review along with our prices. THIS reviewer never stated any problems with her food or it would have been addressed. Our prices for our level of quality foods are not always affordable by everyone, and we understand that. I can however recommend William's Pizza by the ferry dock which have their pizza starting at $2 a slice. The pork chops offered at many other establishments here on Culebra Island are very well seasoned and also more affordable. I hope this information has been a help to her.