“AVOID AT ALL COSTS”
Review of Sea Breeze Hotel

Sea Breeze Hotel
“AVOID AT ALL COSTS”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here at the weekend. Way overpriced!! At that rate we expected comfort. The room smelled of sewage, old tatty furniture, all the lamps were broken ( reception informed us that they were only for 'decoration') and the staff were rude and unhelpful. When we complained, they shrugged, totally non plus send, no refund and didn't care. Manager Carlos Munoz should be ashamed charging people such high prices for such shockingly bad standards. Do not stay here. So disappointing on every level

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rubyruth49

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This place gave us a dirty room that wasn't even prepared. Used sheets, hair on the bed and pillows ( I shave my head) shower had a ring around it. Window was broken so bugs got in, had a funky smell, no safe in the room, no food till after 630pm, and they overcharge for there jeep rental ( use Jerry's jeep rental ). Worst hotel stay I have ever had and the worst part is it was my honeymoon. My new bride was almost in tears. We paid for 3 days, & 2 nights but we left the following morning to Club Seabourne. Never again. I'm staying on the mainland next time and just flying in for the day.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Pompa13

Travellers are raving about these Culebra hotels

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The view is beautiful and the island is great, but the hotel is a mess. The rooms big but were dirty, front desk is open only for twelve hours and they do not have room service. There is no security on the hotel, we were stolen from our luggage in our room. Management told us that the insurance did not covered stolen cash, but after a little argue, they decided to refund us the money. On our trip back home we met other people that were staying on the same hotel and they were stolen too. Its really unfortunate that such nice facilities are so poorly managed.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank angel_omar
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The setting is beautiful, but my room air conditioner was broken and I could not reach anyone to fix it. It was just beastly! The front desk is only open from 9-9, and there is no emergency number.

Also - the room was run down, fixtures hanging from wall, most lamps without working light bulbs, no wash cloths or hand towels. And no cushions in the wicker furniture!

Check in was very slow, and not really friendly. So different from most places in Puerto Rico!

And since the front desk was not open when I left, I had to leave my room key and did not get a receipt. I called them and they said they would send the receipt the next day. It was actually a week later that I finally received the receipt!

Poor service!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MPBradley
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This place is beautiful, they have a very nice and peaceful pool. The Rooms are very comfortable, they have refrigerator, TV, Air conditioner and microwave. Also they have a balcony with an outstanding view. The only thing i did not like, is that everything was closed all the time, and they did not have any employees available for service. I will like to go back. i did have an great vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bloomfield CT. USA
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I didn't write a review after we stayed there because it appeared they were going through "growing pains". After reading all these terrible reviews I can only surmise that things got worse. First of all, we were there for 4 days in March. We had no problem with our room. Yes the furniture was a bit dated ,but everything was clean. We experienced NO mosquitoes (maybe they are seasonal. We spent days at Playa Flamenco and Zoni. When we got back I used the pool every day. It was immaculate !! My biggest complaint would the lack of staff and the attitude of the few that are there. The man and wife that make breakfast in the outdoor lobby were the only people I ever saw smile. They were wonderful and make a pretty good breakfast. O.K., the grounds are outstanding the views of the bay are picture perfect. Would I stay there again? Only if I hear that someone with resort experience buys the place, pours a ton of money into it, and brings in a staff that knows how to make the guests feel welcome.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank goldrush28
The World
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Incredible location, fantastic night view of the stars, gorgeous bay-side property, but...rooms where filthy, dated, no water one day, pool under repair, desolate lobby bar area, stingy bed sheets and flimsy towels, mosquitoes, mosquitoes, mosquitoes, mosquitoes, did I mention the mosquitoes? Staff was nice but frustrated. More a camping in the woods but inside a room frame of mind. A/C did work great, but the filter was last replaced in 1947. Culebra is a magnificent enchanted island that should not be missed, DO MISS THIS PLACE and stay in one of the many guest houses. BELIEVE THE BAD REVIEWS!

Room Tip: Dont stay there!